LoN... New set Unattune Items

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-NytewolfDarkassassin, Sep 28, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Brook Guest

This is no more game-breaking than it is to have the ability to change from an ogre to a rat or get a sex change in game. Stupid Yes game-breaking No.
  2. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    ...Do I need to mention more fallacies or what?
    I simply just find it amusing how instead of actually talking about what's good or bad about it you attack someone like that solves anything.
    It's a complete disregard for the customer base.
    Allowing such an item to exist and not simply wiping attuneable off the planet is saying, "We want to maintain the in-game economy and as such will keep the attuneable tag, but we can make money off of selling an item that circumvents game mechanics. Also, it will be sold via lottery so it's not abundant therein making it actually more difficult to obtain and more money shall be spent acquiring it."
    Of course by assuming I make my own fallacies. But, that is the reality.
  3. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

Brook wrote:
    That's a bad analogy. This is indeed game breaking, because it alters a basic game mechanic otherwise unchangeable via a system that is not equally fair to all who play.
  4. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    You sure can do all of that, or you can continue to buy loot rights for 100's of plat.

I wonder what the vast majority will do.
    Buy a ton of LoN packs, so they can get an unattune item, to use this unattune item on some raid gear, then xfer that toon to another account OR buy loot rights with plat like you can currently already do.
    I really wonder what the vast majority will do, the convoluted path involving possibly 100's of $'s OR buy loot rights with plat.

You guys really need to wake up here
  5. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    Right? It's so obvious ! I can't believe I missed it !
    Both.
  6. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Every reply against this item reeks of jealousy.

Maybe they can add another step to this item.
    To use the LoN unattune item you must.
    a. choose and item you wish to move
    b. click the unattune item then the item you wish to unattune
    c. broadcast in 80-89 that you are sorry for ruining everyones game experience by moving something he earned to his alt.

There, no more problems unless you are just really jealous of items you know nothing about.
  7. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Vortexelemental@The Bazaar wrote:
    Well buy the LoN unattune item from him for plat, now you have an unattune item win/win.
  8. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    I am against it and I am not jealous. I am against it for truly only one reason, its a LON loot card. Its a random lottery draw.
    How about just remove the No-Trade, Heirloom and lore tags all together and all this would go away today anyway. You would find out the value of everything because it would be on the broker. But if that doesnt work for you then simply make this an item everyone can buy for a set price on SC AND lets have an alternate path to it in-game. Add it as the reward for a repeatable quest or a heroic dungeon drop.
    I personally cant think of anything I would unattune but I know of several people that have ideas for its uses /shrug.
    Enjoy~
  9. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Adding something unique that not everyone gets is nothing new to mmo's, eq2 has just spoiled us all with things like instant travel, free masters and various other freebies to all but that does not mean they will go that route everytime.
  10. ARCHIVED-slippery Guest

The reality is, this really just doesn't have an impact on the game. The only area where it has any impact at all is Avatar loot since they are no longer in the game. All other loot is attainable again, so is just saving you from getting a second. I'm also sure the card is rare enough that 98% of the people in the game will never see one. And of the ones that do the stuff that gets unattuned is going to have no impact at all except a minor nicety for an alt.
  11. ARCHIVED-NightGod473 Guest

Looks like it's all of three uses per LoN card, as well. Considering how rare they're likely to make the card (my personal guess is roughly the same as the mount rarity), I'm not overly concerned about it. Even if it was as common as, say, a painting, you're still talking about, what? dozens of items that can be moved around alts per month? Oh nos!
  12. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

slippery wrote:
    Just because it becomes elitest does not make it alright.
    Just because it's just a little bit does not make it alright.
    Just because LON won't be a gateway does not make it alright.
    Just because Station Cash won't be a focus does not make it alright.
    Just because EQ2x is just an experiment does not make it alright.
    I shall commit the Slippery Slope fallacy.
    Because, through logical inference it is not difficult to see where we go from here, despite the consistent denial from both side.
    What else shall we see being given through LON or sold through SC? Updates for enervated? Purchasing rent for SC?
    In all honesty, I don't see an end.
    It sure hasn't stopped where people have said it would.