LoN... New set Unattune Items

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-NytewolfDarkassassin, Sep 28, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

Vortexelemental@The Bazaar wrote:
    Why can't people do what they want with items they earned?
  2. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

Notsovilepriest@Nagafen wrote:
    I am with notso here.
    First we don't know if it is going to be unlimited (which I highly doubt)
    Second people are not going to spend tons of RL cash to un-attune MC stuff (so crafters need not worry).
    Third the stuff people are going to want to attune is stuff that is for the most part heirloom to begin with /shrug
    I really do not see the game breaking, omg the world is going to end, devistation here.
  3. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

Ahlana wrote:
    You guys make me giggle.
    Items that shouldn't exist do exist, devs are people and so are GMs, I know people who have items they shouldn't have. Therein it's not hard to expect a lot of people do as well.
    And mythical items would not be heirloom... They don't carry that tag. The majority of mythical items carry the no trade or attuneable tag.
    Also, Why is it so hard to believe people won't spend massive cash sums for this?
    If there's an item they want to use, you don't think they will spend money?
    People already spend fortunes for mounts.
    I don't see an instant game breaking situation, I've seen a decently paced one that's beginning to culminate in ways that simply don't make the game fun anymore.
    I've already quit anyway =p
  4. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

Not to be rude, but why does your opinion matter then?
  5. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

Not to be rude, but why does that disclude my opinion?
    It's not like it matters on the internet. Everyone is so caught up in their own opinions no one even tries to see the opposite sides of an argument.
    I really don't care whether anyone likes the side I'm putting forth as long as they attempt to see why it's bad.
  6. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

I see a point if it's valid and based on facts, not some wild emotional crap
  7. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

Wild emotional crap? XD That's amusing.
    How is the recurring amount of mounts being bought for excessive amounts of money not a direct link to an item that will be a rare circumvent to a method in game most people already want removed?
    How will it not put forth the idea in peoples minds to transfer or sell those items they alone have gotten or are not able to get anymore?
    Nevermind the fact that placing it in a system of lottery simply means anyone who wants to get it, HAS to spend multitudes of money or be extremely lucky.
    Besides the fact that it opens up Pandora's Box for anyone who has gotten items they aren't supposed to have that could be attuneable. If you don't think these exist, you're wrong. I can't give evidence, because that would hurt the people I know.
  8. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

9. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

If you're fine with letting inflation continue at a higher rate in game then of course point one is fine.
    You underestimate how much people will freely spend on LoN, I know quite a few people who blow hundreds of bucks of a month on packs.
    It's not a slippery slope fallacy...Items exist and therein someone will use it. It doesn't have to be everyone, but someone will.
  10. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

I'm a college student, Nowhere near swimming in money. If people want to blow hundred of dollars to get something I won't pay for in a video game, that's their choice, I can think of hundreds of better things to blow it on than a virtual lottery. That being said, I also think with the time I do spend in game, what I earn I should be able to do what I want with, without restrictions.
  11. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

I agree and if they decided to ouright make all items tradeable I'd be fine with that. But, this way just makes it easily accessible for those with massive amounts of cash.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lanar_Lifeline Guest

easy fix.. when an item is "unattuned" it automatically becomes "heirloom"
  13. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Blambil@Nagafen wrote:
    That should be the solution and why people are arguing against an unattune item, sadly the majority against this new LoN item are just jealous that they never got the "game breaking lolz" pieces that people will want to move from one character to an alt on their account.
  14. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Lorriana wrote:
    It is more complicated than that.
    You need a very desireable item to drive the 3rd party RMT of the card packs. Very few people would buy pack after pack to get the un-attune item. Instead, they'll go to one of the several 3rd party websites where they can just 'buy' it for a fixed price from a player that has it.
    As a player with lots of plat, I can then offer to trade people in game plat for lon packs. This is a perfectly 'eula friendly' transaction. So, I can buy piles of LoN packs with my in game plat to redeem for items to then sell for cash to players who just want to buy the item and skip the lottery.
    It allows me as a player to convert my excess plat in game to real cash. It drives lon pack sales which drives revenue for soe. Its a fully functional plat4cash, cash4plat, and cash4item market place. The key driving factor is, you have to have LoN items that strike a chord of 'value' to players, or the rmt system sorta falls out due to lack of interest.
    I personally believe this item was added via this delivery mechanism to breath more life into that marketplace. And I think many people under value the number of players willing and able to engage in that market place for transactions between $5-$250.
  15. ARCHIVED-Hirofortis Guest

First, I have not seen whatever item started this thread. Also I feel that if they are going to give you something that can un-attune then they should at least offer it on SC. The gabling on LoN for something like this is annoying at best. I would go so far as to say that the only reason they are putting it there is that sales have slowed on the game and people just don't want to deal with the hassle. I don't mind unattune items. I do mind gambling to try and get them.
  16. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

Three uses per item.
    Seems unreasonable enough for me to complain more.
  17. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Crismorn wrote:
  18. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    Thanks for commiting the Straw Person fallacy, but no really. Have fun with that.
    I'll continue to be upset about the complete disregard of a game mechanic that's been in place for five years and suddenly thrown into a money lottery so that those with money can exploit it's use and generate cash cow revenue for Sony.
  19. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

So your jealous of people with money to, nice to know.

I'll never get one of these outside of my free 5 packs per month and I have no problem with it.
  20. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Notsovilepriest@Nagafen wrote
    Heirloom is now a problem, because I can un-attune that item, give it to a level 1 alt, then xfer that alt to someone elses account for $25 and a day. SOLD!
    This shouldn't exist, and it SHOULD NOT be an LoN only if it does.
    Oh well $OE does like its cash cows.