LoN... New set Unattune Items

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-NytewolfDarkassassin, Sep 28, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-agovu Guest

Moonwillow wrote:
    Several people have gotten the key, I've ran 12 People through the instance using 2 of the keys.
    The bracelets have an epic particle effect of void portals swarming around you.
    Not gamechanging, but was easily worth the $80
  2. ARCHIVED-crumpledmonkey Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    yes i think it does matter. My time line may be off but i think soe interduced heirloom after avatars were removed.
    so if i use this lon item and all i get is something with a no trade tag on it what will i be able to do with it?
    nothing is what. and after i use this lon item on an item that is no trade soe will say its working as intended.
  3. ARCHIVED-Malicorp Guest

Khurghan wrote:
    The procs are better assuredly, but the question is how much worse and is that counter-balanced by the vastly inferior blue stats.... and even if we agree some Avatar pieces are definitely still viable or better (which I will agree that they are) is the difference a strong enough justification to deny the service? I think it is not.
    Now, to Atan's point... I was in an avatar slaying guild in both RoK and TSO. I play a main now that didn't exist until SF (inquis). I want to transfer a couple pieces from my former main to my current main. I am also probably the only person in my guild who wants to do that. A few people would assuredly move stuff they no longer use to new alts or whatnot, but I don't believe there are too many people who want to use my route to improve a current main since the number of pieces that are still valuable are limited AND you would need to have played a class where you would have desired that item in past expansions that you wish to transfer now (i.e. a plate tank bp has little utility for somone now playing a shaman or bard)
  4. ARCHIVED-Onorem Guest

Phenilius@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    A particle effect was worth $80?
    Holy sh....I guess we can assume that said effect will be available for SmedBucks soon...
  5. ARCHIVED-agovu Guest

Uh, $80 isn't anything in LoN.
    I have an entire LoN Mount Set, valued around $975+
    Several cloaks that can go for $200 each on a reseller's site.
    LoN Isn't cheap nowadays. Though the prices have been going down for the past year.
  6. ARCHIVED-Malicorp Guest

I always wondered who it was buying stuff for $200+ dollars. I've spent more than that over time on stuff through SC, but a singular cosmetic purchase for $200 makes me suspect that you absurdly rich or insane.
  7. ARCHIVED-Onorem Guest

People are stupid. That doesn't mean that SoE has to subsidize your business opportunities.
  8. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    And nothing in quite a few expansions after Velious had the attuneable tag, either. You had Luclin, PoP, Ykesha, LDoN, and GoD without anything attuneable in them.
    Omens of War came out right before EQII debuted and that's when attuneable items started in EQ1.
    So it has nothing to do with Verant-era programmers versus SoE-era programmers. It's entirely with changing times and new ideas being introduced. There are other facets that EQ2 has that have made their way in some form to EQ1.
  9. ARCHIVED-JonasBlackmore Guest

I don't understand why this is such a huge deal, honestly.

You either farm for an attuning item for an alt using your in game time or now you can farm for the un-attune item using RL cash from LoN.

In either case, you have to acquire the item in game via normal means no matter what, so the LoN item doesn't change that. The card will most likely be hard to acquire / very limited uses, so the majority of players would be better off just farming to get the item, rather than blowing a paycheck hoping to get the one loot card they want.

This doesn't provide a benefit that you can't reproduce in game. You can reproduce this exact same result by farming for the item you want to un-attune. Both end up with the exact same result.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

JonasBlackmore wrote:
    Most of the items that would have value in being unattuned are no longer available in game, such as Avatar drops.
    How long after an item ceases to drop in game should it still affect the current game? In theory, if an item which is 2 years old is the best item in the current game with no upgrades to that item's capabilities, would you want it to be swappable between characters on an account, if the player has changed with character he/she plays? Yes, that player 'earned' it when it was available, but no other player (whether playing then or not) can obtain it or anything like it in current content. Is that still the same as "a benefit you can't reproduce in game"?
    For the most part, it's not items which are CURRENTLY available which are of concern, it's those which are no longer attainable by anyone because the content where they were obtained is no longer available.
    (The EoF boots which used to be the item brought up in the pleas for "we need an unattune token" were changed, but they make a good example none-the-less.)
  11. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    • Headless Horseman loot, unless they are getting T9 upgrades this year (Rod of Reaping is still one of the best Conjuror items in the game)
    • Avatar charms (Anashti Sul's charm in particular)
    • Bracelet of the Trickster
    • Shield of the Dwarven King (maybe)
    • Bauble of the Tintinnabulum
    • Any of the Avatar weapons that no longer drop (for appearance sake)
    • Artifacts (Cheldrak's Tooth for example)
    • Reinforced Sandals of Balance (despite the nerf)
    • Remnant of the Tintinnabulum
    • Trixy Cane of Trickery
    • Remnant of the Chime
  12. ARCHIVED-Lorriana Guest

Skywarrior wrote:
    Swg preNGE had the closest thing I've ever seen in a game to a free market. Almost everything that existed in game was freely tradable, pre and post use. It was balanced by huge item decay ending with an item that was worthless and had to be replaced. This worked, to some extent. It did make you really think before wearing really high end stuff, however. That said, the game was totally different in structure. It was designed to be a player run economy, with crafted items far better than all but extremely rare looted items. The NGE eliminated decay, which pretty well destroyed the crafting game. They have made changes to fix this, from what I understand. I fled that sinking ship some time ago for this sinking ship. This ship has fewer holes in the hull, so the sinking is slower at least :D But I digress...
    Those changes to the loot system destroyed the shreds of economy that were left and caused a glut of crafted gear. At the same time, loot gear was greatly ramped up. This had actually started some time before. With the rise of loot gear came bio-link. Essentially attuning. This worked, to some extent, as it does here. Crafted gear was still sidelined. What is the point of this post? I have no idea, heh. I just wanted to point out that there had been a game that followed something akin to free market principles.
    As far as this game, it's quite obvious that allowing items to be unattuned in any kind of numbers would be terrible for the game. Item drops would have to drop through the floor to keep some kind of balance. If this item is single use, then I don't see it as having a huge effect. This doesn't mean I think it should exist. I don't. Sadly, the devs don't consult me before everything they do. If they did, there'd be some changes round here ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-JonasBlackmore Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Gotcha -- I hadn't considered about the attuned items that no longer drop. I was reading all the posts about people buying things on the AH to use for a while, then unattuning it to resell, and that's where I was coming from with my "not a big deal" stance
  14. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

The other side of this coin no one has hit on directly yet is this: What about items that are attractive for multiple classes?
    Take something like, I dunno, the Wicked Wand of Malice. I only need one. Despite that I have three characters who would use it. Or the Bauble of Preservation. I just un-attune it, put it in the shared bank and use it on whichever character happens to need it at the time. Un-attune when done, back in the shared bank it goes.
    This is just plain dumb.
    Perhaps it is time for this game to ride off into the sunset, it seems to be less and less the game I started playing with every update.
  15. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

If you want to buy a bunch of LoN packs/boxes and use the rare unattune item for a wicked wand of malice then go for it, it will not hurt my game experience in the least.
  16. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Technically, This change made it more like the game you started playing, There was no attuning before, which is what we should go back to.
  17. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Except for the fact that it's a complete lottery that costs actual real money. If I'm going to enter a lottery, I'm going to drop a few bucks on Powerball and have a chance at getting real money back.
    Velious better be completely over the top, because the competition for my dollars and time will be quite heavy this coming February.
  18. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

So if you wont ever have the unattune item, how will this hurt your gameplay?

Chances are I will never get one either unless its in one of my 5 free monthly packs
  19. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    It hurts my gameplay because it greatly reduces the value of tradeable items that i can sell to other players, regardless of the number of unattune items in gameplay.
  20. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    You are obviously wrong, this item will be rare and the vast majority will use it to unattune appearance gear and old gear that can no longer be obtained anyways.
    Your SF raid loot will still sell.
    I honestly just think you are jealous that some people will move gear you never obtained from one character to another