LoN... New set Unattune Items

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-NytewolfDarkassassin, Sep 28, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-PlaneCrazy Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    Well, I am just glad you never had a hand in the game's design 6 years ago. EQ2 would have been dead before the first expansion if everything was tradeable and sellable, LOL.
  2. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    I'm aware of the difference, but I asked a question about when the tags overlap (items that are both heirloom and attuneable).
    In reality, aren't the items that are both heirloom and attuneable the most significant here anyway? How many tradable items are there that would be worth using this LoN item on? The old avatar stuff is heirloom, right?
  3. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Quabi@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Does it matter? I don't see that it does.
  4. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

PlaneCrazy wrote:
    You have the right to your opinion but I disagree. A free economy is always better than a restricted one. Why do you think SLR has become so popular? Because people want to be able to trade for things and it's obvious to me the Raiders are more than willing to sell it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    Selling Loot Rights has absolutely nothing to do with the ATTUNE mechanics. SLR has been going on even back when loot was NO-TRADE. One might even think of the Broker as an extension of SLR, as it's where you go to place tradeable items.
  6. ARCHIVED-Moonwillow Guest

much ado about nothing for now folks. I heard the same screams about the key to an extra "zone". I know of nobody who got access to that zone and never heard of anyone feeling they got anything that made their character better than everyone else's because of that zone.

Relax till we see exactly how it effects things.
  7. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Yes and the removal of No Trade for Heirloom has opened the doors to make SLR even more popular because now players can purchase items for alts as well. In my opinion this shows that a majority or players would prefer a free market.
    Now if you want to keep attune just to prevent the item from going back into the market I understand but in a way it already does go back into the market after being transmuted. Why beat around the bush? Just let people do what they want with their gear and the economy will take care of itself.
  8. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    You're implying players couldn't buy loot for alts before. It was a bigger hassle to switch to the alt that you wanted to give the loot to, but it didn't outright prevent the possibility.
  9. ARCHIVED-Sydares Guest

I have no issue with this mechanic existing, but that you chose to implement it through LoN is insulting.
  10. ARCHIVED-Andok Guest

Since people can already loot items from monsters they didn’t help kill, this item is no big deal.
    I think the outrage over this item is less about it being “game breaking” and more about some people having less customers when selling loot rights.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ceeamee Guest

I don't think that this item will affect SLR in the least. Items that are sold via SLR are NO-TRADE and no amount of unattuning is going to change that.
    Most people are upset because there is a solid reason for making things attunable. Free market in games is a bad idea and does nothing but lower the prices of hard to get items. What makes an item rare if there is an unlimited supply and it never gets removed from circulation?
    There's a reason that the attune mechanic is in the game. Leave it alone.
  12. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=445320&post_id=5423646 Avoidance of the filter is not allowed on these forums.
  13. ARCHIVED-Malicorp Guest

Daenu@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    There was a reason why the attune mechanic went in, but that mechanic like everything else in this game has been eroded or changed with the passage of time. I personally agree with other arguments about unattuning for the purposes of resale. However, I also believe that if I earn something, I should be entitled to use that regardless of the shifts in game dynamics that I could not control at all.
    I have 2 older pieces of avatar gear on my former main that I would absolutely use on my current main. Those items are completely unavailable and unreplaced by existing gear. I made a sacrifice in swapping mains so that my guild could continue to prosper and believe its reasonable that I should have access to those items because I put in the effort required to attain them in the first place.
    I'm not looking to sell stuff. I'm not looking to swap stuff repeatedly between 2 characters. I'd like a couple items moved permanently in one direction and thats it. I can't understand those who say that I should never again have access to gear I earned because the mechanics of availability and quality of the items for my character have changed beyond my control.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ceeamee Guest

Honestly, I couldn't care less about Heirloom items. I have always thought that they should be freely tradable on your account. My beef is with regular tradable treasured, Legendary and Fabled gear that can be unattuned.
  15. ARCHIVED-Khurghan Guest

The reason they can't put it on the marketplace is the potential for the extreme value of this w.r.t. old avatar loots etc.
  16. ARCHIVED-Malicorp Guest

Khurghan wrote:
    The vast majority of old avatar items are invalidated by gear out of the Underfoot Depths. Unattunement would not create new items, but simply allow those that earned the item in the first place to actually use it. The number of items that are a.) still powerful today, b.) are owned by players that still play, and c.) would be transfered to enhance other characters of any consequence are so minimal that I think it would be assinine to not offer the service if that were your main reasoning.
  17. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    The items that no longer drop are 'rare'.
  18. ARCHIVED-Malachani Guest

This is by far the stupidest and most greedy thing that Sony has ever done, and I'm disgusted. I'd cancel my accounts, except I already did when EQ2x was announced, just waiting for their time to expire.
    Unattune items are stupid, they circumvent a core mechanic that was added to this game to make items consumed and removed from the economy once equipped. If you weren't here at the beginning, and didn't see how bad it was, then you're only seeing this from a selfish perspective of wanting to be able to move loot around to your alts. In T5, when nearly everything was tradeable, and attuning was not around, it was horrible. You couldn't sell anything because there were TONS of them on the broker already. Crafting was pointless unless you were a scholar, as people would just hand down crafted gear to alts or attempt to resell it after using it.
    Contrary to the common (selfish) perspective, attuning is a good thing. It removes items from the game, it is a consumption mechanic to require the requisition of an item if you want it for another character. It brings replayability to the game, it gives you a reason to go back to that dungeon for your alt, instead of just handing down everything and your alt never really experiencing the game.
    There are some high quality, highly desired items that are tradeable in this game right now. Just look at the 220 mark vendor, all that stuff is in dungeons and tradeable. Heck, I've had someone leave my guild because I needed on one of those items and they felt it was more suited to their character, so clearly there is some demand for those items!
    I am 110% against an unattuning mechanic, obviously. But if Sony is going to implement it beyond all LOGIC, the way they have done it is ridiculous and an obvious money grab. Sony, seriously, do you think we're dumb and wouldn't see this? You offer a highly desired item only attainable through lottery... haven't we been through this before??? Stupid, stupid, stupid.
  19. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Severex@Najena wrote:
    Actually I agree with you that there isn't really a strong arguement for the service not to exist. As its the same person who earned the loot previously moving it to a new main toon. I think you underestimate the number of people with avatar loot who don't have access to UD gear, as well as underestimate the number of people with UD gear that would want to swap it to a new main if they needed to switch.
    Now, the concept of the service and paying for the privledge I have _no_ issue with.
    The issue, and why it is morally abrehensable, is providing it via a lottery purchace mechanism with no fixed cost. When you make an item that is that valueable to some folks and place it in a marketplace that has no fixed price, I feel like you are abusing your customers in a rather disgusting way.
    LoN items should be distinctive, unique, and provide small benefits in game. They should be a reward for playing LoN, and offer a mild incentive to buy 'a few more packs'. They shouldn't be so desireable that people buy 200 packs looking for that amazing item and at the same time throw all the 'lon cards' away and never actually play the card game. When it reaches this point, it is simply an RMT system and not a card game.
    Smedley assured us that the LoN system would remain 'honest' and that it was incentive and reward from playing LoN. I understand they have a difficult line to walk in designing these items, but I personally believe this item was designed specifically to drive RMT card sales and not to incentivize the card game. Others I'm sure will disagree.
  20. ARCHIVED-Khurghan Guest

Severex@Najena wrote:
    You might need to help me out a bit - as far as I can tell the proc on the kaborite bracelet seems to be worse than the one on my dark energy, and the proc on the gemmed barrier symbol doesn't seem as good as the tintin one.