Level 40 Form of Furious Bear needs to be changed!

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Theyne, Dec 4, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-sceptre155 Guest

2. ARCHIVED-Eukatae Guest

I know someone touched on this, I didn't read all posts on this subject but... berserker breaks down to bear sark, A bear hide cloak, as was said earlier by someone and where the word berserk is derived.
  3. ARCHIVED-Irenik Guest

Regardless of where the name comes from, its rediculous that we appear as a happy, dancing circus bear. That animation should be standing on a large colored ball with a party hat on his head. On top of this, it has the exact same appearance as the form from another class (a MUCH earlier form for them). It should be changed simply for that reason alone. After all, that is why the Petrified Eyes near worthless - To "keep illusions unique" or some such garbage?
  4. ARCHIVED-Criterium Guest

[Old Norse berserkr : *bera, feminine of björn, bear; see bher-2 in Indo-European Roots + serkr, shirt.]

Ber=bear, serker=shirt, Berserker=Bearshirt.

I happen to be learning some norse stories in school, and there is quite alot of berserkers in them. They wear bear and wolf skin and some can even change into bear or wolf shape.
    I really don't thing they should change the form into something else then bear, bear is relevant.

They need to change it into something crazier though, this form is to cuddly :smileyhappy:

Bodak, 23 zerker @ runnyeye
    Message Edited by Criterium on 01-20-2005 04:12 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Criterium Guest

I found this pic of the bear form berserkers get in DAOC
    Atleast it's better then what we get :smileysad:
    [IMG]

Bodak, 23 zerker @ runnyeye
    Message Edited by Criterium on 01-20-2005 04:12 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-sceptre155 Guest

Alittle :)

the old EQ barb wolf head hood was kinda cool, maybe something similar? Anyway you look at it, it's probably easier to to modify the entire character model to a Bear form then to do what they did with the Defiler lvl 20 wraith form.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zamakoura Guest

Ok, I HAVE to reply to this!!!

Without even looking at this forum yet, I sent the following "suggestion" to the Everquest 2 developers....

=========================

Greetings, this is for the developers of Everquest 2.

First off, excellent job so far. This game is amazing and much more sophisticated than your competitor, WoW.

I have a suggestion for the Berserker class in EQ2. I heard that upon reaching level 40, the berserker can "rage" or morph into a bear. While this is a neat idea, we've been seeing bears roam around (from other classes) since our early levels. Upon reaching level 40, this would seem kind of disappionting to a lot of bersekers I know.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Don't just make it a typical cutsie bear. This is a berserker in a RAGE. If you are familiar with D&D, which I hope you are, there are creatures called "Dire Wolves" and "Dire Bears", which are basically that animal but much much more vicious, larger, evil forms on the animal. This would be an excellent replacement and would give the berserkers a much more rewarding experience.

2. Why not let the player choose what animal form (Dire animal) he can be? Such as a bear, wolf, lion, etc... this would give the player's berserker character an identity instead of being a cookie-cutter berserker like everyone else.

3. How about an almost humanoid-animal form? Such as a werewolf. This would REALLY get the berserkers going in my opinion. Being able to morph into a giant Werewolf we he/she gets angry instead of a cutsie little, cuddly bear...think about it.

That's all for now. Keep up the good work!

===========================

How bizarre, I had no idea that everyone was thinking about this. I'm really glad to see it now though.

It is obvious to me that there MUST be a change! Please everyone, keep this thread going STRONG! If we all post on this at least five times a day, perhaps they will actually listen!!

/bump /bump /bump !!!
  8. ARCHIVED-Rampar Guest

Man that looks like sh..

I quit my warden because of the dumb Wolf form... but this really takes it.

Plz change it
  9. ARCHIVED-Zamakoura Guest

Please change this EQ2 Developers!

For those of you that are still very interested in this topic, I'd like to take a poll as to "what" you would like to turn into.

Some of the ideas so far:

Werewolf
    Werebear
    Dire Wolf
    Dire Bear
    Minataur

Place your vote!
  10. ARCHIVED-Danol Guest

wholeheartedly agree!!
  11. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=items&message.id=9392&page=2

Found this earlier, clearly shows they arent interested in doing a thing about it, for any class.

Taemek Frozenberg 33rd Berserker
    10th Outfitter
    Leader of Justice Bringers
    Everfrost Server

Aonein Amillion 26th Monk ( retired )
    17th outfitter
    Everfrost Server

Enlightened Aonein Amillion ( retired )
    70th Stone Fist of The Celestial Fist
    Five Rings on Luclin Server

"We are the two halves of the Flowing Circle, the light and the dark. If either grows too weak or too strong, the circle collapses on itself. Here, I will draw a Flowing Circle in the sand for you. Meditate upon the dual nature of our order and ourselves as you practice Kitten Swims Upstream. Perhaps, if you learn something from your meditations, Brother Tenshin will teach the kitten to become a tiger."
  12. ARCHIVED-Sinkatze Guest

I think that Moorgard was talking about the Paladins and ShadowKnights horse there and about there speed, and its true they wont do anything about that. But here they are talking about the looks of the bear, only on what the sprite of what the bear is, not a skill or a nerf they should do.. that doesnt affect any gameplay or doesnt make any difference expect for the eye.
    Good Luck!
  13. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Yep i fully understand what he was talking about and i find it aboustely ludicrous that they arent at least making a Pally horse normal run speed like a person on foot, if anything, a pally should get a horse with a Adjusted run speed at lvl 50, just like a Pally in EQ couldnt get a horse with run speed till they were over lvl 50 and even then they had to purchase it using the advanced ability system, BUT back to the subject, did u read this part,
    " The flavor spells are a relatively minor element of gameplay, and we don't plan to modify them at this time. "
    In my honest opion, there is more in the game that needs a fix then our lvl 40 fluff spell, quests, items, encounters just to name a few, and what is sad about the entire situation is there already advertising more content with adventure packs, when the game isnt even close to normal operation, skills are bugged, mobs are bugged, mobs get stuck in walls 5 mins after the servers are reset at 7am every day making it a totally useless day for those needing those mobs of quests etc, then they gotta go lvl or do something else, and by the time they acually get a chance to geto those mobs to finish there quests, the quests are green and the mobs are grey. Every time they do a patch, something else breaks, takes weeks for them to reconize it as a bug and another few weeks fix it. They need to take 5, have break, have a kit kat and work the game out before adding any more buggy content that will more then likely break more of the exsisting content on launch date.
    Taemek Frozenberg 33rd Berserker
    10th Outfitter
    Co-Leader of Justice Bringers
    Everfrost Server

Aonein Amillion 26th Monk ( retired )
    17th outfitter
    Everfrost Server

Enlightened Aonein Amillion ( retired )
    70th Stone Fist of The Celestial Fist
    Five Rings on Luclin Server

"We are the two halves of the Flowing Circle, the light and the dark. If either grows too weak or too strong, the circle collapses on itself. Here, I will draw a Flowing Circle in the sand for you. Meditate upon the dual nature of our order and ourselves as you practice Kitten Swims Upstream. Perhaps, if you learn something from your meditations, Brother Tenshin will teach the kitten to become a tiger."
  14. ARCHIVED-Sinkatze Guest

Yeah its true, but it isint actually the spell they want to fix, its just the sprite.. but its true, I dont mind they leave the bear how it is if its to fix other stuff more important, I want to be a berzerker, but I also prefer them to fix other stuff more important than this detailed bear sprite.. so its ok ;).

Good Luck!
  15. ARCHIVED-Raztheoriginal Guest

Hey! Use bear form + 20lvl fire fist. That is bear in rage! Seriously this is a minor thing to fix imo. Other broken skills should be much higher prior to get fixed.

-Raz
  16. ARCHIVED-Davish_Darkwolf Guest

Although skills are far more important.............. i totally agree.

Change our bear form please!!!!

Change it to either a werebear or werewolf type of thing......... i want to see
    hair growing in me chest........ foam dropping from me teeth........
  17. ARCHIVED-casie Guest

We all understand and totally agree that other things need to be changed first. but we can not let this die..

We need a new form something that is unique to our class like every other classes fluff spells they are unique to that class..
  18. ARCHIVED-sceptre155 Guest

How about Winnie the Poo?
  19. ARCHIVED-Nemzo Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Excalibre3377 Guest

I've decided to bump this old thread again after doing some trolling... Why is this fluff so lame in comparison to Guardians. I actually sometimes see guardians use their Golly form. I never even purchased this fluff for obvious reasons.