Level 40 Form of Furious Bear needs to be changed!

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Theyne, Dec 4, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-dragula Guest

oh you were expecting special effects with the bear?

come on I already knew by reading the spell description that it was going to be like the shaman spell, that doesn't even surprise me to see a regular bear.

The only way they can make it cool it's to make you look like a true berserker, like it transforms you but you get the animal pells on your back and you appear shirtless only wearing the animal fur on your back and the half head of the bear cut on your head like a cap and make some claws.

That would be a nice example :
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

Oh I knew what the fluff spell was from beta from using it. I was also told from one of the devs that they were maybe going to chagne it, but at the moment it doesn't look like it. So hoping that if we get enough to post opinions and some good feedback we can hopefully get it changed.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gartagueul Guest

Doh, wini the bear strike back
    I would clearly prefer a Werewolf form, closer to the rage spirit or well at least a bear that s stand on feet but well i am far from it
  4. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

The thing I'd like to find out overall is if we can get this changed and if we can then what choices we will get to have it changed to. I sent in a PM to a Artist that I met in game who said they could try and get it to someones attention about this, but I don't know if that will help.

Anyone have any ideas? I know we aren't supposed to start up any petitions, but what other avenue do we have to go down to get something like this changed?
  5. ARCHIVED-Aburai Guest

I think the bear motif is fine, it just needs to look more rabid. Personally I think a Lycanthrope type bear would be more suitable, you know stands on two legs, big hairy and muscular, kinda like a werewolf only in bear form.

Dunno, just throwing it out there :smileywink:
  6. ARCHIVED-Azrahfel Guest

Geez I used to be a druid in EQ1 I thought being a zerk in EQ2 would get me away from Boo Boo /sigh
  7. ARCHIVED-Excalibre3377 Guest

Bump 'ta keep this thread alive... Bear form is lame devine designer intervention required.
  8. ARCHIVED-Bijesus Guest

i totally agree i am definately going to be a berserker and i want to sign this petition so i shall. i
  9. ARCHIVED-Bijesus Guest

i totally agree i am definately going to be a berserker and i want to sign this petition so i shall. i would personally like to see a more "were"esque form like a bipedal bear or wolf. but personnally the best idea was the minoutar that would be awesome:smileywink:
    Message Edited by Bijesus on 12-13-2004 05:42 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Aburai Guest

Heh.. found this CGI animation of a guy Transforming into a Werebear :smileyvery-happy:
    http://www.rowsby.com/Anim_WBX_R1.html
  11. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

Nice now thats what I'm talkin about. Something like that Onichi.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rode Orm Guest

A more furious bear is definitely needed. (like the suggestions of a were-bear.)

I also like the idea of bear-skins, but I definitely don't like the playful puppy look of the circus bear.
    Message Edited by Rode Orm on 12-17-2004 05:14 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-Aburai Guest

I thought you'd like that Theyne :smileywink:. I'm not sure how difficult the Artwork and Animation would be to implement for the new character model if they were to change it to something like that. I'm guessing there is already some mobs that could be used for it that could be modified accordingly.

/shrug

But yeah, I think something down those lines would suit pretty well, plus if the "Werebear" is semi-bipedal we could probably still be wielding our weapons after transformation, that'd be sweet.... heh!
  14. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

Thats just one of the key things I'd like with it. Is to be able to be standing up and to see our attack animations. At the moment if you use Circus Bear animation it does nothing but a swipe every now and then with your front right paw. Thats really lame considering the Guardians get the Dark Golem look (which is really cool.)
  15. ARCHIVED-Aburai Guest

Hey, I'm in total agreement. Even if the weapon dissapears taking swipes with great clawed hands using the attack animations would be pretty cool.

Man I still can't believe you are already level 40!! I wish I had the time to play more :smileyvery-happy:
  16. ARCHIVED-Tessius Guest

Anyone got a picture of the lvl 40 Guardian rook form? Everyone says it sounds cool, but I can't find pics for it on either board, or via search. I'm curious!
  17. ARCHIVED-Bijesus Guest

Anyone got a picture of the lvl 40 Guardian rook form? Everyone says it sounds cool, but I can't find pics for it on either board, or via search. I'm curious!

i agree, i would also like to see it
  18. ARCHIVED-Kaleco Guest

Was lookin at spell list last night and saw that "Form of the Furious Bear", and I said to my friend "watch it be the lame shaman bear form lol"......

I would like to see this changed as well to something, anything other than that lol.

28 Berserker of Permafrost
  19. ARCHIVED-Castanedan Guest

I think somebody starting a level 1 berserker should prepare ahead and name "Fozzie."
  20. ARCHIVED-Hunadi Guest

soon to be berserker (doing the quest now), and I agree with everyone else. I really like the werebear idea.