Kunark Ascending Livestream: Weds, Oct 5 @ 10AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arclite Well-Known Member

Lets get the good part out of the way:

Epic 2.0 (if done right).

Now the not-so-good:

The ascension spell damage type seem like the damage type change mechanic will carry on now and the new subclasses will fill the void for not having different type of damage weapons may be.

The stream was very weak, even weaker than ToT (worst expansion to date of course).

Inordinate amount of time spent on showing new housing and pre-order items. The undertone tag line of "Pre-order available" thrown on the screen often just screamed: "Please pre-order it! our livelihood depends on it."

Hand picked questions answered, finished at 10 minutes before the hour mark. Poorly conducted/hosted. No enthusiasm illustrated when showing off new zone layout. Felt underwhelmed from the word go or may be because ToT forever ruined my perception of this game.

All in all 6/10 for the stream. I am hoping for a better experience in the expansion. I hope I can finally remove ToT from my memory for good.
    Breta and Kalderon like this.
  2. Sharl84 New Member

Hi. Out of curiousity, does the lv100 gear that you get with the pre-order, can be applied to an existing character or only to the boosted one? :O
    Thanks in advance for the reply
  3. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Ooooo guys, I checked the pre-order page again and the house and recipes are now listed as once per character. Yaaaay!
  4. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

An improvement. I'm still blinking at the price for CE. I subscribe, have for years, I have defended the game so many times, I buy marketplace stuff, meh..forget it, I refuse to justify myself over this. It's too expensive in my estimation. Flame away.
    Quillyne and Tekka like this.
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

to the powers that be : please also change the effigy to one per character or a limited quantity. Then it would be beautiful :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kuulei like this.
  6. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Not going to flame you by any means and I completely understand your frustration. A lot of people are upset, and rightly so in my opinion. I was just looking at the pre-order page today and saw the house and recipe were moved to per character, and wanted to let people know that might be interested. I do believe the CE should be lowered to around $60 at least, but I know this isn't going to happen as the CE price last year was $89.99 also (not that this excuses it) and the premium edition is so expensive with so little extra I'm not even considering that it exists to be honest.

This year I may wait to upgrade to CE until it goes on sale at the end of next year because they cut the upgrade price in half a month or so before announcing a new expac. I haven't bought anything yet and am going to wait and see. If the effigy isn't made per character also I'm not sure if I'm going to pre-order. I'm taking a wait and see approach at the moment.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Yeah I think the effigy should be per character too, for sure.
    Ishuna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

Not really excusing it, but collector's editions of expansions have been $89.99 since Velious (and Sentinal's Fate was a whopping $69.99 for a mount & figurine).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rainmare like this.
  9. EmJay Well-Known Member

I did post this in general and thought I probably should have posted it in here. But does anyone know if the level 100 boost can be applied to a heroic character?
    Thank you!
  10. Desper Member

The good:
    - free 100 lvl
    - 39 USD is not so bad (+20% vat and -10% all access discount)
    - new item hunt and dungeons and monsters
    - wardrobe which I absolutelly don't care about, I have few armors set from shop and wings so my toon looks bad ***, it's good feature but only very minor for me.

Not so good:
    - 8 solo and only 4 advanced solo is non sense.

- merc gear behind pay wall or time sink, if it will be like master spell leveling could means to have 8 slots unlocked in like 6 months or use credit card. I invested allready USD into several merces for hire everywhere for use depending on situation, this looks like I can level up only one at time, so another gating/wall mechanic for something I allready pay. This is my main concern I love merces, but don't want to spent like 50 usd or whatever to be able to use them. I doubt they will be usefull in heroics anyway, noone knows yet.

- no quest marks on map, this is so annoying. I didn't play Thalumbra but AoM timeline was so awfull, all quests like at lvl 10 zone and for 10 year old. NPC: bring me 8 samples from brown dinousaurs, thx now bring 8 samples from grey dinos, thx now bring 8 samples from green dinos. All quest stupid like that for 20+ hours of gameplay. Really? Can someone tell me then KA will be any better? I don't think so, Zek timeline wasn't any better, go kill 8 red orcs, then 8 green orcs, then fix the catapult, then fix another catapult, go gather 10 flowers etc. How about quest to kill at least 1000 orcs and be done with them and move on to another location? There were good quests in EQ2 when I even read text but that time is long gone. Still remember Skyshrine timeline or some xpac when NPC turned into dragon, that was cool.

- Ascension can be good but I have no idea what is good for the different damage type, it will also have new abilites or spells which EQ2 is allready full of, so controls will be more hard to key bind. Then you will need to do KA signature to even start it and for every alt as well? This doesn't look like fun in long run. Well whatever, this is not so bad if it will worth it. No one knows how to even level up, so that can be another issue.

- epic 2.0 would be cool without doing epic 1.0. Devs should not force us to go and see old zones, becouse they looks really ugly with 10 year old graphics.

Live stream was a little weird, they gave us very short and fast info about new key features and rushed into introducing vanity house and fluff items? The new pretty face producer girl loked like she see EQ2 first time, and both ladies run away like they have much more important things to do then live stream :)
  11. Silkmyst Active Member

Thought the livestream was great, and adding a second producer to EQ2 shows health of the game.

Prestige house is gorgeous, zone art is amazing. Wardrobe totally awesome.

Not sure the difference between solo and advanced solo zones, would be interesting to know if it's something
    other than difficulty, sort of like rum cellar.

Looking forward to all of it. :)
    Silk
  12. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Good to know. :) I started playing in Sept of 2014 so I wasn't sure how much any of the CE's cost before AOM & TOT is the first CE I pre-ordered. I waited for AOM CE to go on sale because it didn't have a house and all I really wanted was the special mercenary.
  13. daicia Well-Known Member

I made a quick and dirty collage of the house for housing nerds who don't have the time to watch the stream. Keep in mind this doesn't really put into perspective how HUGE it looks. The water can be turned on and off and it sits at the edge of a seemingly endless waterfront as well.

Most of the pics I grabbed for this show it with the water on, but the bottom right shows it without, which adds a great deal of space for builders. Obviously I've not been in it, but watching the video, the sheer volume of space reminds me of the prestige houses like the Fearful Retreat, Court of the Master, of Isle of Refuge (home) -- that is more like having a whole zone to mess about with.

They didn't show any inner building/s though, so I can't say if it has any inner rooms or many inner rooms!

[IMG]
  14. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

I think in the livestream it was mentioned that you only need to do the signature questline one time so your alts won't have to do it for Ascension.
  15. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

No 13 year vet reward :( meaning you don't really care o_O.

The new house looks great on the outside....how about the inside?

I'm looking forward to the wardrobe feature. ;)
  16. rainy1 New Member

Is there a view-able copy of the Livecast for those of us who were unable to see it live?
  17. Sunje Active Member

The Replay is only in 360p? Whats wrong with you guys, we have 2016 and not 2004... Bring it on in HD or higher...
    Laiina likes this.
  18. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

There is a link in post #132
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

I'm just not a big fan of these prestige homes that are more like a small zone. They're beautiful, but not functional. I'd love a nice mage's tower modeled after either of the towers in Antonica, but really just the inside, not the tower in the middle of a huge zone.
    Tekka likes this.
  20. yondii Member

This expansions features seem pretty cool but as a casual player these are the things that worry me.

1. 8 solo 4 adv solo: This seems wrong unless they made the solo zone the same difficulty as current adv solo zones. The the 4 adv solo zones offer some good challenge for solo players like solo 'end game' if you will.
    2. Ascension classes:
    • I hope they offer diversity and not mostly identical with differing damage type.
    • I hope they available before finishing the signature quest line. If this is our way to progress then we should be able begin our progression while doing the sig line not after. Its like saying you have to do the sig line before you can earn exp if there is a level cap increase.
    3.Merc Gear: I love this. But there is 8 slots which would add to all armor slots and belt and cloak. I hope this is not true. Mercs really need jewelry slots (not necessarily all of them) to benefit because that's where the best blue stats are found
    Prissetta likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.