Kunark Ascending Livestream: Weds, Oct 5 @ 10AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZUES Well-Known Member

Why doesn't any of the items listed in the various expansion packs come with fervor or resolve? Oversight?
  2. Akoriv Member

It looks like the Ascension Classes are taking a page from D&D Online's Epic Destinies. It wasn't a bad approach, despite some OP synergies, in DDO and hopefully it will work out well here.
  3. redrum New Member

talk about underwhelming. typical holly product. no thanks
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't know , I still like the idea to actually play the game instead of just puffing up to level 100
    I am for shure happy they made Stormhold and " Deathtoll"( may it rest in peace:()
    the gear system sounds really confusing , I like how simple it all is up to level 80
    GrunEQ likes this.
  5. Elinea Well-Known Member

You can chat, people were chatting during the stream and Roshen was having the guys answer questions from the chat.
  6. Edelphia Well-Known Member

so if I understood right, you can't get the epic 2.0 if you only did the broken weapon with epic repercussions. That's gonna piss a lot of people off
    Avahlynn, Xillean and ZUES like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don,t want to be rude , but people will be bussy looking stuff up on google and than some more on the map
    we will be even more busy looking outside of the game than we used to be.
    I play on Stormhold and the event server and even having done a lot of the quests I still spend a lot of time looking up quests on wiki.
    NrthnStar5 likes this.
  8. Elinea Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that the original epic quest can't be started if you did the epic repercussions quest. Yet every new character gets a mail to send them off on the ER quest. Uh, can we get it changed so that we can still start the original epic quest even if we completed ER?
    Edelphia, Avahlynn and ZUES like this.
  9. Zhaanish Well-Known Member

If you don't have a FB account you cannot chat. you can watch but not chat. Yes there's the separate discord but then you have to window the FB stream and chat elsewhere. No thanks.
  10. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

ER is made such a big deal....and we are only now learning too bad, it's not really what you needed. Go back and redo the non ER version. Can we do it if we've finished epic r? Doesn't that seem dumb to undermine a quest you get in game mail telling you about? I guess the epic repercussions are this craptastic news. Not. Impressed.
  11. Enkefalos Member

Missed the stream, how do the new zones look?
  12. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Doing ER doesn't prevent you from doing the original fabled quest line. Anyone that didn't do fabled 1.0 (I think this is what it's being called) can just go ahead and go back and do it.
    Finora and Feldon like this.
  13. Caith Developer

What he said.
    ZUES likes this.
  14. Bayfia Member

I haven't done the original Epic weapon quest in AGES... I'm not planning on going back to do it, after Epic Repercussions. Is the Epic weapons quest 2.0 (Repercussions 2.0? ) required to complete Kunark Ascension? If it is, that is a "No Buy" decision for me. I'm NOT doing my epic weapon quest again in the long version. It was miserable the first time. They didn't make the "short-cut" version for nothing! Also, it appears (from the Preview Video) that Daybreak is tossing out the EQ2Maps add-on that we've all grown to love and depend on. Is that what is planned for this expansion? IF SO, and I decide to continue playing MY EQ2 without upgrading to the newest expansion, will my EQ2 Maps (as I like it) going to be abolished in the entire game, regardless of which expansions we have, or will I be able to retain it? I'm NOT wild about "total emersion" (translation, being lost for days looking for where a quest update is to be found). I use EQ2i.wiki daily to help me complete quests, and I am a strong quester and decorator. I don't like the idea of being lost and, most important, frustrated, in my EQ2. Please clarify this.
    GrunEQ and Svenone like this.
  15. Breta Well-Known Member

on the same note, if you have done all the Synot Reed faction quests and then decided to starts smashing the frogs in Sebilis and you ended up at - 50 000, afaik there is no way to increase your faction (as the npc offering the repeatable quests won't speak to you) and thus finishing defiler's and warden's epic. Or am i missing something?
  16. Xianthia Well-Known Member

/eyeballs the avatar :p:p
    HaphazardAllure and Avahlynn like this.
  17. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Kander mentioned that old factions will not be needed. (on discord chat) Of course, you do need them to complete/do/grab the fabled 1.0 quests.
  18. Breta Well-Known Member

Thus if you did what i said above you will not be able to finish the defiler's and warden epic 1.0. Coolio
  19. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Ah I read too much into your post, thought you went to town on the Synot after doing quest line :D
  20. Feldon Well-Known Member

ER was added so that the developers could come out with new weapons that we'd want to use, while still having our class-defining abilities from the Mythical weapons. If the faction requirements are removed from the Epic 1.0 quests, then I don't see a problem with them. The Epic 1.0 quests can all be soloed, duoed, or moloed depending on gear.
    Finora, Febrith, Breta and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.