Kunark Ascending Livestream: Weds, Oct 5 @ 10AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

I call BS on the reasoning behind no quest POI's on the map. Absolute BS reasoning going on there.
    GrunEQ, Svenone, Feldon and 3 others like this.
  2. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Could be, but it is a conscious decision to try to be different, which I like... I know many do and many don't.
  3. Anzark Member

Will there be two versions of the new 2.0 epic weapons? Like 1 fabled and 1 mythical?
  4. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Besides faction grinding the Epic 1.0 Fabled quests aren't bad now, and have very good write ups. I think it's a good tie in to old Kunark, and yes I have done the original on 6 characters, and I will be going back for more on the upgraded character to 100.
  5. Caith Developer

I gloss over avatars, sorry!
    Xianthia likes this.
  6. Caith Developer

You can call whatever you like, that doesn't change the truth.
  7. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

I did not have any problems in Maldura without quest markers, aside from two particularly frustrating quests.

The two I had problems with, I turned to guild chat or talking in General -- there may be a LOT of trolls out there, but you can always get a good amount of prime responses from the people actually willing to help.

I kinda hope people do not opt to post Epic 2.0 information on the internet, personally. But I know people are going to do it. Makes me sad, though my guild may be the type of people to run em blind anyways, least on my main lol.

I should mention that Zek was significantly more frustrating until I realized some patterns in the quests and just reminded myself on where the updates were based on prior zek quests.
  8. Neiloch Well-Known Member

If I say crippling lag ruins my immersion will it get fixed?
    NrthnStar5 likes this.
  9. isest Active Member

So are we talking the heroic version of the epic weapon quest line, or finishing the raid version. I thought that was what ER was to do, make it easy for your alts to get caught up. So now I got 12 out of 15 alts I am going to have to go back and do all that on now? I am just hoping its the heroic versions, if its the raid versions that is going to make life fun. Not at all happy about that decision.
  10. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Most of these raids can be adequately solo'd by Advance Solo geared AoM/ToT peeps now with a bit of reforging and a average competency with your class; I've done it a couple times as a swashbuckler and we're really not the best solo people. Healer merc is definitely recommended. The only exception is Silverwing, because he has a mechanic that requires 4 people present to fight him properly.

That said, I think our "1.0" is the Heroic Version, since they mentioned Epics rather than Mythicals.
  11. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

The truth of the matter is that the quest POI system is optional, and instead of letting players make the decision on whether or not to use this system, you force the choice. While I and others can certainly get by without it, I for one will say that the enjoyability of my Thalumbra experience was reduced because of this choice. I also recall several others voicing their complaints, which is why I was surprised to hear the statement that it worked out "so well".
    GrunEQ, Svenone, Tekka and 3 others like this.
  12. Stimps Member

Premium mount less pot than tot raid mount and no resolve.
  13. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Then don't use it? Should probably still be good for appearance though.
  14. Crastinal Active Member

Random thoughts on the stream:

1. No tradeskill mention whatsoever. So, basically it just confirms the impression that TS has been an afterthought in EQ2 for a while. Yay?
    2. No POI. Yeah. It was kinda explained with the "immersion" talk and that's cool and all, except that... EQ2 just got rid of most non-English dedicated servers. So if you're ESL, what devs are saying is a resounding FU to continental Europe and Asia. Git gud at English, I guess? Yup. That's great marketing strategery!
    3. Still the pay-to-play on Beta. Combine it with the offensively short test window -- much smaller pool of players on beta, and you have a month to figure out the whole EPIC line with no POI on map... go! Who thought this was a good idea again?
    4. The Prestige House is once per account? REALLY??
    This launch smells like trouble.
    Svenone and NrthnStar5 like this.
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

re: TS - Actually it was mentioned that Domino is working hard on the quests and gear/signature. Can also see it mentioned on the bullet point page at the start.
    HaphazardAllure and Febrith like this.
  16. Febrith Well-Known Member

Sexy! Gorgeous artwork:)
    HaphazardAllure and Enkefalos like this.
  17. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

I have a question: I've been playing Templar for many years and I've done epic 1.0 as a templar. When I became an inquisitor I was given the fabled and mythic versions on the class weapon. But I never did Inquisitor questline, Not sure I can even start it, I've tried to get the quest starter a few years ago, I spent several hours in Chelsith, but either I was very unlucky or I simply could not do it.

So, the question is-am I fine for epic 2.0?
  18. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

You are, Feldon reported on EQ2 Wire that they mentioned being able to get the new quest even if you betrayed after finishing 2.0.

That may be the logic behind giving us the weapons upon betrayal, tbh.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

If I pre-order today, will I get the upgrade a character to 100 option now?
  20. Caith Developer

You sure do.
    Anjelrocket and Dude like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.