Kunark Ascending Livestream: Weds, Oct 5 @ 10AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dude Well-Known Member

Wooooot! OMW! :D
  2. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

My character betrayed long time ago and I can not find the fabled epic version even though she did complete it very long time ago. Do I have to do it again ?
  3. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Long as the Quest is in your completed log, even if you betrayed classes, you will not need to re-complete the quest. I actually don't even think you CAN.

http://eq2wire.com/2016/10/05/liveblog-everquest-ii-kunark-ascending-expansion-livestream/

plenty of info on it there, sorts out a lot of the specifics on what you need prior to KA's launch.
    Feldon and Pixilicious like this.
  4. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Cool, ty meant the other class though, but i have the achievement for it anyways :)
  5. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Also on eq2wire it says :
    requires a Fabled Epic Weapon from the original Kunark (not Epic Repercussions)
    so, the actual weapon or that we have completed the Fabled Epic quest ?
    /confused sorry
  6. Sucha Active Member

Personally hearing many more talking of quitting than staying and buying the xpac. Not going to say it is the nail in the coffin as I know better but pretty sure they are going to get a net loss of customers with this.
    Kalderon likes this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Anyone have a link to pictures of the new house?
    daicia likes this.
  8. daicia Well-Known Member

Ha! Same reason I came snooping here. Priorities!
    Dude likes this.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

The expansion itself sounds pretty good to me, I always did enjoy Kunark.

However, I'm disappointed so many of the /claim items from the collector's (and premium) editions are 1 per account!
    It makes it pretty difficult for some of us that play on most of the available servers to pick which one gets the items.
    I can understand limiting the sales crates since that can have a very real effect on the game for others, but all the rest is really fluff, who does it hurt if we can claim it on all our characters? Certainly us being able to get a dwarf house, dwarfish recipes & dwarf buffing on multiple characters didn't break anything last expansion.

It really cuts into the value of the collector's edition. I can easily talk myself into springing for 3 of them (for our main accounts) maybe even 4 this year, when these things can be claimed on every character. It's gets a lot harder to sell it to myself when I only get one ever on the account.
  10. daicia Well-Known Member

YES! This bugs me too. I may not even buy the mid-range collectors which is normally a no-brainer for me, because of this. I have characters on three servers now that the mergers enlivened things.
    Finora likes this.
  11. Feldon Well-Known Member

Guess you missed the part where Emily "Domino" Taylor is hard at work at a full Signature Tradeskill quest line that will tie in with the adventure line. She is also adding new Recipes and goodies.
    Watch this space.

By the way if there is further confusion about Epic Weapon requirements, I made this flowchart:

[IMG]
  12. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone messed up and the offerings will be looked at for consistency and correctness.

Having the effigy only one per account when folks play on different servers; a mount without resolve (even if it was a token amount of resolve) just seems like something/somewhere went wrong and they didn't consider all the items individually.

[Suggestion] If the per character is not possible, maybe a limited amount per account. Say (just a random number) ten per account. That would be a nice compromise from every alt to some alts. This probably applies more to the recipe/kit, and the effigy.

/keeping fingers crossed
  13. Kelvani Well-Known Member

The live stream was awesome. I really enjoyed seeing the new zones, the merc, the wardrobe, the amazing phoenix mount ect! I cannot wait to get beta testing it. I think that a lot of folks are.. well... resistant.. yeah lets go with that.. to change. However, when others start playing beta and talking about it that.. resistance.. will become interest, and the interest will lead to them buying into the new expac JUST LIKE ALWAYS. The resistance is futile! EQ2 will assimilate you =p

My personal thought is that this is going to feel very comfortable, due to my time on RTT. Its going to be a continuation of unfinished business plot wise per Kander. I for one think our devs have upped the ante and that we will be seeing a lot of new and interesting things. The ascension part sounds.. confusing. However it will be something new to de-mystify. Hats off to our devs, and welcome to our new devs!
    Febrith and HaphazardAllure like this.
  14. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

LOL thank you Feldon ! :)
  15. isest Active Member

So are we talking the epic weapon, or are we talking the raid version? I am still confused as you say fabled, The fabled version was a raid version.
  16. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Heroic version, not mythical.
  17. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Fabled version is heroic, raid version is mythical.
  18. Surgeon Active Member

I don't know which characters I've done the epic with and which are ER ones.
    Also I don't know which chars did the ER and which didn't.
    Some /command would be nice to have.
    /check_epic1_status
    Fabled: done
    ER: not done

Apart from that I'm seeing
    441? primary stat and 2.5k sta gear with ~150 cb/pot
    and 1 resolve.

What really pissed me off in ToT and why I wasn't playing much in the 1st place were missing quest indicators.
    It's a bit late for selling me EQ lore now. I did pretty much every quest (or 99% of them) including DoV across all characters, but back then I had time to waste and absorb everything. Nowadays I just click click click. I don't care for the lore anymore as the story is completely uninteresting and irrelevant. The game's focus isn't on lore anymore so why should I bother?
    ToV, I did that when I returned to AoM, had some good quests with philosophical questions, really enjoyed that.
    But no quest destination indicators, even the general area is a big turn off ( for this expansion ).

Infusers are still in
    Resolve is still in
    City of Mist isn't a big selling point, been grinding there 35-51 in EQ this summer. Black Reavers always kicking my butt in the end ;)
    Didn't really like Warsilk Woods in EQ either. Giant fortess and lots of goblins. Overall confusing and bland zone.
    The Obolus... no comment.
    Mercenary gear... SWTOR had that and they made away with it. So now you will see players rolling on healer gear because their merc needs it, which will lead to differences in the player base. Exclusion of players by certain healers which didn't receive the gear they wanted but some other guy who thought that his merc is more important than the current healer. As usual you didn't think this through. Your policy is to not interfere with loot distribution.
    Pay2Test, no thanks.
    You have to go back to some NPC to change your ascended class. Why would that be a good idea? To waste more time and add annoyance?
    Epic weapon means pre-defined BIS weapon. The novelty has worn off. Let me guess, brig will get vague descriptions again. A group will be required again for most things. With the status quo of guilds fighting for survival I don't see it happening. It will be a guild internal thing again, because why help someone who you're not playing with anyway? People forget that you helped them anyway.
    At least it's not completely underground like ToT.
    Cae'Dal Star (port item). Only available if you pay a ridiculous amount of money, again.
    Wardrobe, whatever. Limited slot containers behind a paywall, if you wish to extend them.
    Everything in the game is made so you have to spend DC. Merc slots seemed like they're behind a paywall too.

What about prestige gear? Are we forced to sub again for BIS gear? I mean ok, I made enough Krono on RTT to be able to play up to the end of 2018 but that's just cheap again, things that were made away in DoV, unequiping fabled gear when sub expires, where re-introduced in ToT.

Let me guess the zones will be 5 minute zones again that you'll blast through without effort.
    There has been no word on them apart from looks.
    8 solo zones, what's the point of merc gear when you have solo only zones and only 4 where you can actually use that merc.
    So if you're like me and rarely find groups you'll be able to do 4 adv solo which will be done in 30 mins. Then what?
    Sit there for hours spamming lfg? Asking for Epic help? Doing ToT content out of boredom?

No contested dungeon? Or will City of Mist have a contested version?

Will I get it? Probably, because my sub is running for a long while, if it wasn't, nope.

What gear does that lvl100 character get? AoM level or ToT level?

Having a sub should get you access to everything, not close off features that you have to unlock with real money.
    Aquaskaientos likes this.
  19. Estal Well-Known Member

People have been complaining for years that the game has been dumbed down and expansions getting smaller, this both slows you down to make content last longer as well as making it harder by forcing you to figure stuff out.

At least in theory, in reality it just means running the game in windowed mode with browser open to look stuff up.

Personally I'd be more worried about the Ascension class thing though, only one month of beta with limited access and worse, what about the risk of different Ascension class choices being required for solo / heroic / raid content, if one class ends up being the optimal choice for raid content and a different one the optimal choice for heroic content that could have some serious implications for the ability to find groups.
  20. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

When we were in discord, one of the Devs mentioned that they should all be reasonably effective in all content types and you're going to be wanting a little bit of each of them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.