Kunark Ascending Livestream: Weds, Oct 5 @ 10AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or they ran out of ideas... ;->

Good question! I've heard there are ways to access the inside. Dunno how/where to Tour it; guess that's in the new zone or wherever?

Uwk
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Kind of like the Frostfell access quest for Maldura, so when we want to go there later on, we won't get slaughtered? Nice of them. ;->

Uwk
  3. Ixian Active Member

Not having access to jewelry slots will probably help curb a lot of potential loot drama.
  4. yondii Member

Understood but that should be a social thing.

Everyone in the group or raid should know that main character need trumps alternate character need which will trump mercenary need. No need to hardcode in social manners right?

This is really just my opinion I don't group or raid much anymore if at all.
  5. Lysia Active Member

"Merc gear" --- oh no -- just no ... horrible nightmares of having to gear up companions in SwtOR coming back ...
    they did away with this in SWtOR --- WHY are you going backwards ?
  6. Tekka Well-Known Member

So that they don't have to bring the current mercenaries up to date with the new content, just slap some gear on them to make up the difference - For a price, of course.
    Aquaskaientos likes this.
  7. d1anaw Well-Known Member

There wasn't a $100 difference before. I've always been one of the ones who said hey, stop acting like you are entitled to everything for free. But I've drawn the line at this.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Laiina Well-Known Member

Heh.. yeah. I can live stream TV channels from Beijing, Paris, and Seoul at 1080 on YouTube.
  10. Bayfia Member

Ya know.... I've been dressing up some of my mercs for ages! YES, some of the local garden variety mercenaries available for hire in the Mercenary Guild in downtown Qeynos and Freeport have wonderfully accessible Appeareance Slots! I put hats on 'em, I put uber plate armor on them (if appropriate)... l put weapons and shields on them! So this is NOT a new concept, although it's not a working concept for ALL existing mercs. I'd love to dress up Raffik. He's adorable, he's disrespectful, he's even bratty sometimes - and he would like great in the pirate wear that comes out of Thurgadin. But he's not "dressable"... Sigh.. pity. In any case, I enjoy fixing them up, when I can. I realize this is not the intention of dressing up the new high level mercs....rather it's a way to upgrade their fighting capability, and keep them alive during combat (as they top out at 95). I've watched as my paladin merc has cringed and covered his eyes when being mauled by a crowd of bad guys. I don't like seeing that happen. But dressing them up for fun (where I'm able) has been a fun experience on several mercs.
  11. Drusi_EQ2 Well-Known Member

One of my characters primarily uses Lady, the veteran award paladin, and I was bit surprised that I couldn't change her name or give her any appearance armor like I could with many other mercenaries. It was a bit disconcerting to arrive on the Fina's Retreat docks and come face to face with the *real* Lady, and she has all these identical clones everywhere too.

What would be the harm in allowing *any* mercenary to have a name change and (at least for regular character types) have the appearance armor slots? I don't see how "breaking lore" or anything like that would be a good reason because it's already broken and immersion lessened because of all the identical clones running around.
  12. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Yes! I give my mercs (the ones who can be named) names that have significance for that toon. For instance, my little halfling wannabe pirate has the aviak inquis... and he's named Jollyroger. While we're on the subject, please allow us to give mercs first and last names, like the tradeskill apprentices... :cool:
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.