Kunark Ascending Livestream: Weds, Oct 5 @ 10AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am getting overwhelmed by this new x pack, But I got to say one thing I am pretty shure you had to preorder the next expansion to be able to get into Beta the last time
    I guess its just as well I never did the quest for an epic weapon on any of my toons ,so I guess I can do it side by side with some level 100ds that missed doing it .
    But now back to the race server working on my Mythical weapon, so I am ready when my character gets moved over to a regular server .
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

for those who do not use FriendFace like I, will this video be available to single file download and viewing somewhere?
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

I'll look into an Epic Report for EQ2U.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

So perhaps someone can answer my question, since I do NOT use FB, nor was I available for the live stream. The mercenary gear pack that is claimable only once per account for pre-order...does this mean only one character on the account can use it? Or will all characters on the account be able to utilize this feature and it's only claimable once per account because it is an account-wide feature? If it is only usable by one character, then it is a very poorly administered feature.

Love the new broker crate in the premium edition, but not worth the extra $50 for it, unfortunately.

Sorry to see that once again, new building block recipes are being implemented as a feature in the CE edition rather than the regular edition...simply because of limited availability later on down the road when people have stopped playing the game and new people have come in and don't have access to those recipes. I can't understand the reasoning behind this at all.

Also sorry to see that the house is limited to one per account as opposed to being available to all characters on the account as in previous expacs. Makes the expac less desirable to purchase since it's now lost value, though to be honest, I haven't really used more than one of any type of house on my account as of yet, so I suppose that's not a really big deal to me. To others, however, it may be the deciding factor in whether they see the value of purchasing the CE or not, though I tend to think with the new building block recipes, no decorator would pass up the CE for this reason alone. Expac looks pretty enticing overall, though I was seriously considering waiting for a while before I make the purchase. My question regarding the mercenary gear pack may be the deciding factor on whether I pre-order or wait. Errr oops, I misunderstood and thought the mercenary feature was the pre-order and I realize now it is not. My bad.
  5. Elinea Well-Known Member

Actually, nm. I need to do some more checking before I ask my questions :)
  6. Almee Well-Known Member

The level 100 toon gets level 100 gear. It isn't great but it should be ok if they've tested it in KA. However, I couldn't get my zerker's bow to work with the ammo they gave me nor with regular ammo. That doesn't bode well as it means it probably wasn't tested or it got borked.
    Anjelrocket likes this.
  7. Anjelrocket New Member

Just completed the Kunark Ascending purchase, standard. How do I access the level 100 upgrade?
  8. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Via your in game claim window.
    Anjelrocket likes this.
  9. Anjelrocket New Member

I purchased it - but no upgrade yet -about 2 hours ago.
  10. Anjelrocket New Member

Thanks, /claim window was empty for quite a while, but now populated =D
  11. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I just want to know what the NEW HOUSE looks like . . . .
  12. daicia Well-Known Member

The video can be played even if you don't have a Facebook account. It's right here.

I wanted to watch it on mobile tonight and I don't use FB on my tablet. If you watch it on mobile you may not have access to FWD or RWD (I don't with Chrome at least on a Nexus 7).

House nerds will find the house about 1/3-ish into the video.

Overall, this Xpac look much sharper than any I've seen in a long while. Thanks for all the hard work, EQ2 team. :D (And please reconsider the one-per-account house? Please?)
  13. daicia Well-Known Member

Oops, I also meant to ask..when will we be able to beta test it if we preorder? This wiki nerd needs to know. :D
  14. Coty Member

Yes
  15. Elinea Well-Known Member

They said this coming Tuesday (Oct 11) for beta, although Roshen didn't sound 100% positive that was the date. He said barring anything going wrong between now and then.
  16. Pheidra Active Member

I don't normally post on the forums - mostly a lurker, but I thought I'd do some posting to add some positivity.
    I'm hopefully optimistic about the ascended classes. I'm not sure if the livestream meant that that you could personally do interesting combo abilities within an ascended class, or you could do neat wombo-combo's with group members (both would be great, but I'm really excited about the latter). I think it adds a bit more skill into the game that I like.

I like not having POI on the map. I get that some people like to run from point A to point B and not read a single thing or try to puzzle it out from themselves, but the Everquest worlds have always been about lore. ToT really got a community going and I met a lot of interesting people while I was working through the quests. I hadn't thought about this impact on non-English servers though, and think someone on this thread made a good point about it.

I'm pumped about the epic 2.0. I'm working on epic 1.0's on EQ1's progression servers in the Kunark world and loved the original Epic 1.0's in EQ2.
    I think people's argument that "they added ER because they knew it was long and boring" is silly. They added ER because the Epic 1.0 content was outdated, but not doable solo in some instances, so it would be hard to find people to go back and complete it by themselves. At this point, I'm not sure how many of my toons finished the Epic 1.0, but my guess it would be a single night of play (solo) for each of them to get it completed. I get that that's not some people's play styles and I do understand the argument of "why do we have to do outdated content", but I'm excited to go back and remember the lore of the epics.

Additionally, I think its so silly for people to complain about the lack of POI and the epics being "long and boring" quests. If you want a really good item in a game, you should have to put some serious effort in to obtain it. We all know that wiki's will go up for each epic within months of the expansion release - but it is really exhilarating to be part of the team that helps unravel the mysteries of how to find it.

And if these quests were super short and easy, people would then complain there's not enough content to hold them over. A lot of these complaints put devs in lose-lose situations, and many people don't seem to recognize that.
    Febrith and HaphazardAllure like this.
  17. Sharann Well-Known Member

Contrary to the recent previous expansions, this one makes me really happy. :cool:

I'm okay with the prices, no need to complain as there is plenty of choice, just buy what you want.

I'm totally fine with getting rid of quests POI on maps. It will encourage us to talk to NPCs and other players just like in the old days. I'm really curious and looking forward to this change. They've probably done this as it is less work for them. I'd rather have them get rid of this. EQ2Wiki will soon contain all the info and you can access the website from in-game.

Epic 2.0: I like it that it requests us to do old content. However it would be fair that once you've unlocked that content (faction grind etc) it is also valid for all your alts.

And thanks Feldon for the great write-up on EQ2Wire.
  18. Sinhika Well-Known Member

This decorator won't be buying the CE unless and until the houses and recipes are 1 per character, not 1 per account, and the price gets a lot lower. Somebody needs to inform the bean counters in marketing that they've missed the optimal price points for the CE and PE by just a tad
    Avahlynn likes this.
  19. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Kander said in discord chat around 6pm (edt) last night that he was working to make more of the items one per character.
  20. Arclite Well-Known Member

Everquest 2 Expansion 12

"Pre-Order Ascending" :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.