Holiday House Exchange (HHE19) Official Announcement Thread

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Aneylee, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oy... X-P

Uwk
    who thanks heaven for Wiki (and Zam, for the older stuff I haven't gotten to yet) and their Timeline run-downs :)
    Mariebella and Breanna like this.
  2. draidean Well-Known Member

Pretty sure my lock has this faction! Ping Briarr, Celestiell, or Amalita EDIT: Just checked Briarr does indeed have it =D Holler at me!
  3. Mariebella Well-Known Member

Heh I'm just as bad, helps to see it all written down in a list.

Thank you draidean, will look for you later on :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Hi all,

We are at the half way mark and I just wanted to check in with everyone and see how your doing.

If you need help please let me know, the sooner the better :)

I know that there has been alot going on in the game with all the events and that takes up time from decorating. But I hope that you all are having fun!

I may find myself asking for help lol.. So please don't be shy about asking if you need anything!

Aney~

Also, I know this is early but I will be out of town April 21st - 28th so I am looking for someone that can handle any issues that may come up. I need someone that has access to all servers in case they need to give access to someone.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm now just waiting for a couple of Moonlight Enchantment Items and Bristlebane recipes/buyables for the final touches on the two I'm doing. Mine are essentially complete.
  6. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

About half way through both of mine
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Mariebella Well-Known Member

My Maj'dul house is finished.

AB not so much but it will be.
  8. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I need another favor from a 110 on Thurgadin please. . . . a few of those new "singing bushes" from Anchorage and a few of those book stacks. . . Thank you. ..
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Whew! One of my HHE19 houses is done (Aneylee, your Skyfire email is full, I sent you a forum PM).

My Maj'Dul HHE18 house is almost done... I have a house actor, Melwitz Lumensprock, configured as a male gnome. Problem is, if I zone out and come back, Melwitz has disappeared. I can get him back from the Item list on the door and re-place him. I have tried different locations, same problem. I put him up on some crates, he disappears anyway. The other 15 or so house actors aren't doing anything odd (at least, nothing odd that I didn't tell them to do!)

Is this a house actor problem? A male gnome house actor problem? Anyone have any ideas?

[IMG]

And I have that one darned tile that keeps flipping 180°!

I have 52 Halasian Carved Tiles in here, and one is disobedient. It's rotated about 180° (178.49996948) and pitched about 90° (-89.96043396). The other tiles in this column running up the door have the same values and behave as expected. I'm about to decide that it's Bristlebane at work and stop trying to fix it.
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

Aneylee, my house on Maj'dul is now complete. As was pointed out above, your mail box on Skyfire is full, so I couldn't send you an in-game mail, hehe.

Sigrdrifa, I'm not sure I've ever encountered that issue with any house actors, so not sure what's happening there, other than it looks like you have placed him on top of an item. Maybe he is falling through the item?
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The big guy next to the gnome doesn't disappear. I have tried placing Melwitz on the ground, on a crate, both on the edge of the Halas dock you see in the pic. I've also tried moving further inland onto the dais, same issue. I have put Melwitz exactly where the big guy is standing and the big guy where I had Melwitz.

It makes no sense to me :(
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm; try putting him on a tile? :-/

Uwk
    who wonders: which would be loaded first?

EDIT: Thoughts on the tile that needs to be whipped soundly: try 180.00000000 and -89.875, respectively, and see what that does. Pitch is my kryptonite, so I try to give it what it wants (i.e., not 90 degrees or too close to it) as much as possible and still not have it be visibly "off." :-/
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the full mailbox but thank you so much for letting me know :)

I have no idea why your little Gnome does not want to stay except he may not like the house? (Haha kidding but maybe do like Uwk said and place on a tile to see what happens) Also are you close to the boarder area? Maybe that is throwing it off. I understand how frustrating that is for sure!!!

We have 1 more month left for the House Swap.

I have a few houses that have not been touched yet and I am getting worried about that. I understand that real life comes first but if you think you will not be able to log in and do a house, please let me know ASAP so that whoever I can bribe to help has plenty of time to do the project. It is only fair to them so they are not scrambling to throw something together. I know that some of us need all the time allowed to finish our homes :p

I have sent in game and gmail to those that have not been on. If I do not hear back by the middle of next week or so, I will grab some help.

My goal is not to make folks mad, but to make this House Swap a Success.

Thanks!

Aney~
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm working on mine! Honest! I have most/all of the stuff in their rooms, just not completely utterly 100% placed yet (if they were, I'd be done ;->). :eek:

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hmm, based on what you've described, I wonder if it is not the house actor himself? Have you tried creating a duplicate house actor of him, and trying the new one? Perhaps that particular house actor item is glitched. If a duplicate gnome house actor continues to behave that way, then you may have stumbled upon a previously unknown glitch with male gnome house actors, lol. I wonder what "tinkerer" concocted that.

Hmm, do I smell a new Tinkerfest quest? Repair the gnome house actor! :D
  16. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Ok Aney I am pretty much done with both of mine (and my other one. . so yeah. . 3 houses LOL. . (dodges thrown fruit).
    If the houses that have not been touched are on Skyfire or even Maj'Dul (or god forbid Thurgadin) I can do them. . if you need someone! Just let me know!
  17. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Ms Q you are too funny, I save my fruits for the blender :)

I am looking for help on Halls of Fate. I can do the house but my toon is level 1 and not a crafter at all at this point. So if anyone is willing to donate items or want to decorate please let me know!

There is one month left and I will be out of town 21st - 28th,

I am asking for help and let me know what you can possibly do!

Thanks!!!

Aney~
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Sent you a message through forums and sent you a bunch of mail on AB (need to empty mailbox on AB ;)).
  19. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Just wanted to check in with everyone and see how it's going.

We have 19 days or so left so if you need any help with your projects please let me know.

I will be out of town 21st - 28th and DK has offered to be the go to person so if anything comes up while I am out of town, get with her please.

Thanks!
    Aney~
  20. questress Member

Hey :)
    I am pretty much done on the house I was given, yea!!!
    This is my first time being involved in this event and hope I did not place to many items, I am somewhat of a house hoarder on items and love a full house!
    I have one book yet to place but I believe it went rather well.
    I had a lot of laughs, fun and way to many builds and tear downs on this one lol
    Thanks, Vlasta
    AB Server