Have any monks beaten the Solo Splitpaw Champion yet?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Cusashorn, Jun 29, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Aburton Guest

I can not kill the champion no matter what I do. Im a level 50 monk with Spider Stance Adept 3 and Silent Fist Adept 3 with full legendary armor. I also have a very good fabled staff called staff of stellar wonders. I am using a power potion and a +17 stam +17 str potion. The closest ive gotten was 10%... Ive tried 15 times and died on him everysingle one. PLease help!!
  2. ARCHIVED-Xita Guest

I have gotten him down to 15% health when i was at 43. I figure i will try again once i get my fbss and i should be able to get the final 15%. No potions, Hex Doll str +10 / Agi +11 imbued t5 crafted bp / legs, t5 crafted everything else, imbued t5 crafted fist wraps. bloodstone stri, agi, sta rings. didnt do the jump behind as it seemed to not work as well on prior attempt. charging tiger and Lun Sus + cycle of high damage CA. Tried thundering fist, didnt seem to help as mcuh as brawlers stance (need to try again with spider stance) turned off Everburning flame as it seemed to hurt. oh yeah had phins mountain haven up. (and call to arms and wisdom of zephyl but recently my math challenged brain learned they dont stack with the higher level purple hand buff) did toughness for giggles too.
    Anyway, not gonna use potions to beat him cause im too cheap, but i can see it being done at 44 with fbss and the gear set up i have.
    Anybody know ppl on butcherblock that would like to help me get fbss so we can test my theories?
  3. ARCHIVED-big dawg Guest

Sort of glad and not glad with the trouble many monks are having taking on the pit champion.
    Made an alt monk just today made 20. my main, a lvl 50 assassin has a heck of a time beating
    him and he has pretty good gear including a master at assassinate. im like 2 for 8 attempts
    The second time i beat him I opened up with something like an 8,000 assassinate and barely got him :smileyvery-happy:

Did feel great the first time I won though.
  4. ARCHIVED-PantherXX Guest

To answer Jenoy, I beat him at lvl 45 without the poison. In fact, I tried 3 times with the poison, and finally beat him the day they fixed it and I could no longer use it.
    Basic strat: I had Spider Stance and Quiet Purity up. I started with the mitigation debuff from the hex doll and then threw up gnoll master's rage. From there, used charging tiger to stun, jumped behind and used Darting Sparrow -- getting behind definitely works better and will almost always result in all 4 strikes landing. You should hit Darting Sparrow before Charging TIger completes casting, as any melee hit can break the stun in my experience -- then he will just turn towards you when you try to jump behind. After stun/hit, I use Icy Talon followed by an HO. From there, paid close attention to him and tried using interupt skills whenever I could see he was casting. Basically kept HO's up all the time, as the taunt finishers will interupt. Once Charging Tiger/Darting Sparrow is back up, rinse and repeat. I used Compress early to try to keep my health as high as possible.
    I may have gotten lucky, because when I finally beat him, I had something like 25% health left and it was a realtively easy fight. Haven't tried since then, but it is certainly doable.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dreven88 Guest

Just read this whole thead and can't believe no one has talked about this in almost 30 days. :)

I'm at lvl 28 with my Monk and the Champion beats the crap out of my evey time.

I have an imbued Chest and Leg piece as well as an imbued weapon. The rest of my gear is all top end stuff (for a lvl 28). I have gnoll rage, 5 stat pots and a healing pot stack. I also have all spells at Adpet I one and one at Apet 3. And I have two +10 AGI hex dolls.

If it wasn't for my main supplying coin there's no way a lvl 28 would have stuff as good as this one does. And, I can't touch this guy. At best I've gotten him down to 40% health.

I'm sitting on 1/10th of a blue bulb left to level though. I've been wondering where to spend it (instance sets when you go in, level up and the whole thing is easier):
    A) Pit Champion attempt (does the Champion's level set when he spawns or when you enter the pit instance?)
    B) Harcleave (sp?). I failed on my first attemp. 10 yellow mushrooms at the same time was too much and I didn't get a chance to feign death.

Message Edited by Dreven88 on 08-28-2005 08:11 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Germork Guest

I think the secret to beating him is to use an ancient combine great flail. When I started using that, I had no more problems.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cupper Guest

I've just about given up the notion of beating him, at least for the time being. 0-6 at various levels but even DINGing during the instance doesn't seem to help, and I've planned that twice, 29-30 and just now, 31-32. On the easiest setting on all attempts and the lowest I've ever gotten him to was 35%.

Maybe post revamp he'll be easier?
  8. ARCHIVED-SniperKitty Guest

My monk is only level 25, so I haven't done anything near Splitpaw yet, but I did beat the Pit Champion with my lvl 41 Warden. =) Twice. Once on normal and once on hard. I'm gonna try very hard next. Can a level 25 character of any class do the Splitpaw Saga stuff? If so, I'll run my monkey in AQ gear into Splitpaw and try it out.
  9. ARCHIVED-ganjookie Guest

Splitpaw incase you didn't know uses your level, and if in a group the average of the levels to create content. This of course is for levels over 20, so bringing a level 15 character isn't safe. Your 25 should be good to go and try his/her hand on the fun inside!!
  10. ARCHIVED-Mogthol Guest

My monk (Fergal on Najena) got absolutely pasted by the Champion at level 25 with Armour Quest gear. I used the Stifling Kick and Gnoll killing buff, but my health was down below half in a matter of seconds. I think the lack of an immobilising stun, makes the Champion unbeatable at this level. I would be very interested to hear of someone who has beaten the Champion in their mid to high 20's, and what they did. Because to me, it looks like an impossible task. Which is strange, because everything up until the Champion is quite reasonable.
    Message Edited by Mogthol on 08-30-2005 01:08 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Dreven88 Guest

Get this:
    Lvl 29 Monk
    -Imbued Ring, Pants, Chest, Weapon
    -Gnoll Rage
    -Domination (eh I know)
    -The +10 AGI Heck dolls
    -Cherry gear
    -All spells at Adept I and two at Adept III

I just tried him 7 times in a row, each time using these potions:
    -AGI pot
    -STR/STA Potion
    -Power Pool Potion
    -Health Pool Potion
    -RARE Mitigation Potion-RARE Cold Resit Potion-RARE Dieseas Potion(those rare ones match his 3 damage types)

-Cast Domination (3 mins)
    -Cast Gnoll RAge
    -Pull with the Hex Dolls (their slow spell). They have an amazing range and can't be interrupted. So their slow spell is pre and before combat.
    (fight starts)
    -Shortly into combat: RARE Health Regen Potion

The best I've done is to get him down to 30%. In those 7 tries with all those potions I tried very different methods.

I honestly can't thing of one other thing that would help unless I upgraded to all Adept III's.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Easier said than done ;p
  13. ARCHIVED-VooDoo_People Guest

I killed him at 30.8 - decided to get every advantage I could and got 4 more points in each skill, so I was almost 31 while champion stayed at level calculated from my 30 =)

Rare imbued bo staff, rare crafted armor, common crafted jewelry, no dolls, no potions, no kiting, no cheating =) Took me 1 FD and the second try was succesful.

I was in defensive stance + Wisdom of Zephyl + Gnoll Rage, tried to interrupt, stun and stifle as often as I can. I didn't use hp cost attack and low-damage spells to keep my hp/mana high. Healed myself 1 time. I ended up with 0% power and about 5-10% hp. Champ still had 25% power when he died.

Dreven, I do not think it's possible to kill him when you are at level 29. ATM damage and defence and all the things improve drastically when jumping from one tier to another. Some people are saying that becoming level 40 gave them 2 times more dps comparing to level 39. So you are T3 and champ is T4 and that could be trouble :) Plus, playing 25-29 levels was the worst and hardest part of my career, those high 20 levels are too bad for monks. Ding 30 and try again :) Champ smashed me 4 or 5 times I tried him on 26-28 levels with no chances for me to win. But this fight is doable at 30 with rare armor or potions.
    Message Edited by VooDoo_People on 08-30-2005 03:10 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Balabear Guest

How shall I express my feeling now as I finally managed to win against the Pit Champion after many many failures. It's like WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOTT :smileyvery-happy:

I'm a level 50 monk using this equipment: http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=229677104
    Buffed up with 3 imbued rings (str, agi, sta), Quiet Purity, Wisdom of Zephyl, Everburning Fire, Call to Arms, Spider Stance (yes I used spider and not dragon, tried both several times tho, hehe), all spells adept 1 version.

I started pulling him with hex doll-slow and then used Silent Fist (apprentice 4) and Gnoll Master's Strike. Then switched like it has been mentioned a few times already, Charging Tiger --> ran behind while casting Lunging Mongoose --> Icy Talon --> Freezing Palm --> did a few wheelies and repeated this 3 times. I had to use Heal (adept 1) to finish him with me having 10% health left! I guess I was lucky with landing most spells and just a few that were resisted. Nearing the end of the fight I began using Biting Mantis and Diving Phoenix too as I had more power than health left. The weapon I used was nothing more than the Hierophant's Crook (heritage result). I did NOT use any potions or other things and my spells are mostly adept 1's with a few exceptions like Silent Fist, Flying Dragon, Agitate Spirit which are only apprentice 4.

So as you can see, with a bit luck he can be defeated by someone who is not in a hardcore raiding guild (I prefer the more relaxed way of having fun together ;). It just needs some practice, patience and not minding to die a few times before you succeed. I wish everyone good luck and always safe travels!

Take care

Aikia
    Monk of Antonia Bayle
    Message Edited by Balabear on 08-30-2005 02:45 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Cyngii Guest

I too finally did this at 50 and it was actually one of my more gratifying moments in EQ2!! It took me a few tries (feigning death a couple times trying different stances every time), but succeeded with 3% health left. I don't have any fabled gear, didn't use any poisons, and don't have gnoll mastery (as i thought i was being smooth by changing my mastery to orc during one of the respecs way back when prior to splitpaw). The setup i ended up beating him with was Thundering Fists, dual Pristine Imbued Augmented Cestii, and Everyburning Fire. I had originally tried it without everburning fire, but realized the DPS lost from not using it makes you take far more damage from the champion than the amount of HP it eats up. Ultimately i'm not that sure if Thundering Fists really did anything.... I think i just happened to have a percentage of my high damage CAs land while i was using it honestly :). The big key is in the timing of your stuns/interrupts/stifles. If you don't have some stuns available while waiting for stifles to refresh he'll be able to stack a few DOTs on you and make your life miserable. Having done it now, I know i'm capable of beating the champion, but wouldn't expect to every time at this point.
  16. ARCHIVED-Dreven88 Guest

I was really ready to give up and come back for another try at 40-50. Until some web browsing showed me the path:
    1) Pick up a Lore quest (list: http://eq2.tentonhammer.com/index.p...ess&file=index&func=display&ceid=198&meid=147)
    2) Work the Lore quest until you have 1 normal item left to examine (because each Lore quest has three no drop credit items like Gnoll Brains, etc)
    3) Grind yourself up to 99% XP
    4) Turn XP off
    5) Enter the Pit, and work thorugh the last mob grp before the Champion
    6) Before bringing out the Champion Turn XP back on
    7) At 10% health or so examine the last Lore item piece for a lvl ding and full health and power
    I'm at 50% xp to my next lvl and have a Lore quest ready with one item left to examine.
  17. ARCHIVED-bonesbro Guest

18. ARCHIVED-crayzdoll Guest

As of yet, I have not beaten the champion. but, after getting a lvl 52 champion down to 4%, I am bound and determined to finish him off. My lvl 50 human monk, has no fabled gear, but I know it's just a matter of time b4 she perseveres. Done the whole stifle/stun setup, along with a slowing and debuffing dolls. Now, every time since its been a lvl 53 or 54 mob. If it would just give me that 52 mob back... he's toast!! ;)

Amaia
    50 monk
    Befallen server
  19. ARCHIVED-Jobeson Guest

i couldnt beat him at 49 I could at 50. Why you may ask. our level 50 stifle.

I can beat him without acgf (wish i had one) every time I try. You need to just keep him from casting. Stun dps stun dps stun dps interupt stifle... do whatever you want for a 10-20 seconds dps wise then start over

Ive beaten it every time I go in. since 50 I mean
    Message Edited by Jobeson on 09-04-2005 12:21 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-Cupper Guest

Finally! Logged on this morning (hey, vacation I can goof off all I want! ;-p ) since yesterday evening was a no starter, and saw the servers were going down again at 10AM EST. So's I say to myself, self, lets take on the Pit Champion post revamp. He was cake, dropped him like a bad habit!
    Maybe he was neutered, or maybe it was the defensive/combat changes, but stuns carried the day it seems, he never got a heal off that I could see. He got me to about 40% and I fired off mend and never let up.
    Message Edited by Cupper on 09-14-2005 12:10 PM