Have any monks beaten the Solo Splitpaw Champion yet?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Cusashorn, Jun 29, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Fflurry Guest

i never went under 90% health on very difficult, then again i have nothing but fabled minus 1 ring that is ruby
  2. ARCHIVED-Di_Yung Guest

I tried it with my level 26 monk and he totaly crushed me, at that level he seems to be only a fighter... I think I didnt even brought him to yellow hitpoints.
    I'll try again using the FD trick but I don't think I have a stun attack yet :smileysad:
    Is it just me or are monks really disavantaged in solo against a yellow opponent? :smileymad:
  3. ARCHIVED-Nefarien Guest

I FINALLY beat him last night. I have no Fabled items and only 1 adept3 (mongoose).

I /respec'd to get maximum damage, Stifles, poison resists and mana regen, plus Gnoll Master's Rage. (who cares we're gettin another one at the combat revamp :p)

I used 2 potions, +agi and +mitigation.

The key for me was playing in 3rd person, to take advantage of EQ2's auto-facing of your target. With this, doing the common "Charging Tiger -> run behind mob -> Lunging Mongoose -> Icy Talon -> Silent Fist" strat is MUCH easier to do. Add in Lu'Sun's Stifling Dragon (and a couple interrupts) to fill in the majority of the gap when Silent Fist runs out, and you can really minimize his attacks.

The addition of the dmg from Gnoll Master's and So'Li's Spitting Cobra (80pt x4 ticks poison, hits the Champ for 74) really helped also.

I used Heal at 60%. I was at about 30% hp and maybe 10% mana when he died.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bishojo Guest

Killed him in when was lvl 45. I used only Torrent of ages poison, tho full t5 rare gear. All my spells were adept 1. I was able to beat him after 10 or less attempts.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Has anyone under 49 beat him w/o using the broken poison?
  6. ARCHIVED-Whizbang Guest

The one thing that i have noticed is that everyone that has beaten the Champ has been of very high level, i.e. 40+. I think i've read somewhere that there are some in the 30's that have beaten him as well.

My question is this: What about us that are in the 20's?

I have a Monk alt that is lvl 21. I have yet to run him through his paces to the Champ. I made it through to Phosm, killed him, took my rewards and left. Now that i need to complete the tasks to get the doggy trust, i must push on to the Champ. However, seeing as how all these high level chars are doing this with some difficulty, it raises my curiousity towards us beginner monks. Do we stand a chance?

I know that i need an armor upgrade and that I will be borrowing money from my Templar main to upgrade to some decent gear, and i will be shopping the market for some spell upgrades...

Is there anyone that has beaten the Champ that is in the 20-range?

Any help is appreciated.
  7. ARCHIVED-Havannah Guest

I've beat him on very hard with no potions. Tactics play alot into it.

I'm 50 with 10 fabled's or so, and mostly ad3 or master abilities.

But my natural str is 211, agi is 150, and i have over 100hp incombat regen

Slow Doll, Silence, Stuns, and 60+ dmg rating 2h.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cyngii Guest

Not even close personally... With only a few CAs that stun/interrupt I'm getting owned (mainly by the spell damage).
    With 4500 self buffed hp at level 48 (including using Heal) I have to FD with the mamma jamma still over 50%. The only way i can see beating him atm is using exploits... using the broken poison, using the mentoring bug, etc... I've looked into using assorted healing potions and what not, but i don't see them cutting it. I'm just going to hold off until i reach level 50 at this point.

As a follow up, i don't have the stifling Lu Suns...
    Message Edited by Cyngii on 07-15-2005 02:11 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Yotain Guest

Ok only just turned 47, most skill adept 1, no fabled items, strength ring and aglity ring, 4 potions (Mitigation physical and Posion/disease, Str & sta, and HoT)
    Well I have tried him many times, but was able to fight him 3 times in a bout.
    First tactics was Full offensive.
    spiders stance, Everburing flame, Quiet Purity.
    Fight ended with him 20%hp, me 0%
    FD
    Second tactics was no buffs (except potions).
    Fight ended with him 30%hp, me 0%
    FD
    Third tactics was Full Defensive.
    Winding Dragon, Everburing flame, Quiet Purity.
    Fight ended with him 18%hp, me 0%
    FD
    Four tactics was Full offensive using around to the back and use strong attacks (Mongoose, ivy)
    Spiders stance, Everburing flame, Quiet Purity.
    Fight ended with him 40%hp, me 0%
    FD
    But no matter what i tried i still ended up dying in a since. Have not tried the broken posion tactic at all but still can not figure out how to beat him.
  10. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

The key for me was keeping him from letting of all his CAs - thus liberal use of Lu Sun's stifling kick and Silent Fist. Using Thundering Fists semed to be the deciding factor for me - obviously the more you keep him stunned the less he can nuke you. Also followed Jez's advice about using 2H and Bonesbro's attack sequence. Hope this helps.
  11. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

HAH! Finally beat him at level 48.

After many tries, the random number generator finally decided to give me a break, and I finally started getting many of my attacks on the Champion, and he never chose to cast any Wards.

I did have to buy a few potions though:

+23 Str/Sta potion

333 Poison Damage potion (this proved VERY useful)

A power regen potion that it turns out I actually didn't need, even though I always ran out of power every attempt before that.

A Health potion for good measure.

I buffed up with all my defensive buffs.

I WAS USING THUNDERING FISTS! I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD EVER FIND A GOOD USE FOR THIS BUFF!

Heck. I even put on Toughness from back during the Fighter days.

Put up Gnoll Mastery, equip two Gleaming Strike weapons, Start the Fight off with an AC-Debuffing Hex Doll, Put up Control Breathing for more deflection...

I switched out Diving Phoenix for Lu'Sun's Stifling Kick I chose at level 20. Glad I did.

Just used all my stun attacks and such. Used Heal at 60% just to be safe. At that point, I had him down to 75%, but then I was able to stay 10% more than him from there on.

Eventually killed him with 17% HP and 10% power left over.

What did I get for a reward? "Arcane Champion's Wristband"

Some crappy +8 Sta +10 Int +387 Magic +141 Crushing wrist armor.

... I DONT USE INTELLEGENCE! DONT GIVE ME SUCH CRAP!
  12. ARCHIVED-Havannah Guest

I'm a sucker for SS's
    [IMG]
  13. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

wow. thats a neat Interface you're using.
  14. ARCHIVED-bonesbro Guest

Congrats!

Remember that 90% of mob damage is Crushing. 141 crush resist is the same as 141 points of mitigation, so it's a pretty sweet tanking item.
  15. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I'll keep that in mind. I'll have to go back and get another one if I wanted to use it though. I sold it without a 3rd thought. (I gave it a 2nd thought, but still decided I didn't want it.)
  16. ARCHIVED-Dougyb Guest

What UI is that you are using havannah?
  17. ARCHIVED-Nupren Guest

I beat him at 30.8 on the normal setting. No fancy dancing, no potions, no hex doll debuffs. Just a straight up brawl.
    Used Dragon Stance and Wisdom of Zephyl and maintained a close but constant damage lead.
    Used Mend near the end but was probably unecessary although it did make me feel better.
    I'm in mostly T4 rare, jewelry being the exceptions.
    Gear is linked below.
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...BFC3.sdt-foyert15-27109?characterId=101516101
    Forgot how to do the fancy syntax unfortunately
    He ate me up in the 20s so I figured the beginning of a new tier of gear at the top of that level would leave me the best chance of success.
    Message Edited by Nupren on 07-17-2005 05:41 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-Havannah Guest

UI I'm using is OCD advance.
  19. ARCHIVED-MadBarman Guest

Just thought I'd post to say I'd finally done it.

Up til now i have been using T4 potions (because i can make them) for str/sta/agi, mitigation, all resists and max health and power. I also used a damage shield potion.
    Armour was full rare crafted with inbued chest and legs. I use dual imbued cedar qurtstaffs for weapons.

Using that I had not won in about 10 tries. I dinged level 44 yesterday and bought a +12 stamina doll. I also only used the resist and mitigation potions today. When i beat him today I think it was becasue of the mitagation debuff from the doll.

Anyway to anyone who dont think they can do it, keep trying you'll will get him.
  20. ARCHIVED-Cuz Guest

Has anyone under 49 beat him w/o using the broken poison?

Got him at 40. Got my alchemist to 32 and pumped myself with so many buffs it almost felt like harcalve :smileyvery-happy: