Have any monks beaten the Solo Splitpaw Champion yet?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Cusashorn, Jun 29, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Seriously. level 48 monk. He's a level 50 defiler.

He casts a spell on himself that wards his life and damages me with every punch I take.

I nearly kill myself in 10 seconds. Just simply no way to keep him stunned long enough to take him out!
  2. ARCHIVED-i3ry2k Guest

Haven't had a chance to try myself yet, but I'm sure he'll be much easier when you're level 50 and have Silent Fist. Just keep him perma-stifled.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

I killed him earlier, and I believe Keidan on Butcherblock did as well.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tazdragon Guest

killed him twice so far, the reward is the same, so only worth redoing for extra boars head furniture. Which by the way looks awesome :)

Karakka
    Lucan DLere
  5. ARCHIVED-Dandelize Guest

I did him at 49.
  6. ARCHIVED-Bewts Guest

Tried him at level 41 with full Rare T5 Tradeskill armor, rock forged cestii and cedar imbued cudgel. I'm 0-8 against him, just cant win. Tried legendary T5 potions, PR/DR, Damage shield, heals over time, the works. Tried going 2hb and taking off my adept3 haste, got close (about 20% with him OOP) but then he melee's for 150-250 which I don't last long against with mend down in the first 30 seconds (I have approx 3700 HP self buffed between food, potions and clicky T5 rings). I'm guessing I'll be stuck waiting until level 50 to hold him down, a revamp of his abilities or I'll have to time my DPS surge to just about when he goes OOP.

Normal fights seem to be drops me to 60% health within the first 30 seconds, primarily from DR/PR dots, I'll mend and blow through one round of all my CA's and drop him to approx 60% health. From this point he just heals for 400 HP whenever I land a CA and I'm OOP within the first minute or close to it, him at 60% HP and 40% power. After that its just waiting out death as I have no way of handling the dots from that point with mend down, and a potion will only heal 10 secs worth of dots from him which is not enough time to take out 60% HP.

Any suggestions are welcome as he seems a bit overpowered for someone with all their rare armor, legendary T5 potions, adept3 haste and a fabled hth and one of the best non fabled 2hb available @ level 41. Other than being fabled out on gear with massive resists, or being level 50(to utilize stifle) makes obtaining the shard to gate back to splitpaw nearly impossible at this level. My only chance is exploiting the level average and grouping with a level 20 to drop the level of him down enough to take the day. I'd rather win straight up but that may not be possible.

If you are curious of my setup, you can look up Sanctum on Grobb as he is the dwarf monk I am talking about.
    Message Edited by Bewts on 06-30-2005 01:18 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-Evad_EQ Guest

The key I think is stifle/interrupts. He is a tough fight, but its a hell of a lot of fun. Id try stunning him right off bat then just lay into him. The rewards are fun to get :smileyvery-happy:
    If your having trouble, try using some of the self buff potions. Hope this helps!
  8. ARCHIVED-jinxedup Guest

any monk that claims to have killed him is just plain lying-- how pathetic
  9. ARCHIVED-psubullet Guest

bruiser for the win!
  10. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

[IMG]
  11. ARCHIVED-cpietras Guest

ROTFLMAO

Nice work gage.
    How does that foot taste jinx?
  12. ARCHIVED-Rohlstusk Guest

Have gotten the champion to 10% both times I tried, but after running out of power, he gets a little nuts. Gonna try a different strategy later.
  13. ARCHIVED-Botanica Guest

Also another way to do it if you have not tried, Is too find someone about 2-3 lvls lower then you, group with them a moment and mentor them. Then you zone into the solo arena and once inside ya stop mentoring and disband from group(other person will be outside of course). The mobs then should still be green-blue and pit champ should be even. Might give ya an extra boost to get him. long as mobs a re not grey if one mob is grey then you get no reward, even if others are green-even cons.

Hope that helps if you have not tried that yet.
  14. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

That is an unintended bug which will be hotfixed for all Splitpaw zones. Just FYI.
  15. ARCHIVED-StDrahcir Guest

Talk about putting up a red flag for an obvious bug. Well, its obvious for me at least.
  16. ARCHIVED-Moorgard Guest

Gaige might kill gnolls well, but he's still only a half elf. :smileyvery-happy:
  17. ARCHIVED-Homeslice Guest

Haha :p
  18. ARCHIVED-Jezekiell Guest

Indeed. Quite an easy fight actually, 'least I expected alot worse based on all the posts about him here and in combat section. =p
  19. ARCHIVED-RJO Guest

Umm... in your face?
  20. ARCHIVED-Vasel Guest

Guys this is a real problem some classes have a huge disadvantage. Before you start saying "I told you so" take a look at Gaiges gear. Hes got some good stuff and deservingly so but the average Monk and ranger gets owned badly by this mob. I have 6 fabled items and prismatic. Let me say again six. I have lost 5 times in a row and most of the time it hasn't even been close. This is with potions and primary stat imbued rings.