Have any monks beaten the Solo Splitpaw Champion yet?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Cusashorn, Jun 29, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Dandelize Guest

For anyone trying the easy one

Try turning off everburning flame/fire. He has so much hp, you run out of power so quicky, by the time your just punching, your probably doing more damage to yourself.
  2. ARCHIVED-Puppyfat Guest

It's a steep learning curve when your first fight as a monk is against the champ. My gf just went on holiday for a couple weeks and i want to surprise her with a few levels gain. I'll try the stun tactic tomorrow, but I still am getting used to the new setup. I play a Warden... and rofl... I can afk the champ and win.

Sure, I do have the best gear for a warden on my server, and quite a few masters, but you shouldnt be able to afk win any fight. I could beat him naked and finish with more than 75% power i'd say.

The solo champ for a healer should be a white ^^, that would make it fair. Most healers can beat the first mob in the herioc arena, and I've almost beaten the 3rd...

it's out of whack.
  3. ARCHIVED-Crunion Guest

I used DW weapons (ironfist knuckles and cudgel of refelction), my agil was 271, had to use heal master 1, and ended up with 30% health left.
    I tried the old toe-to-toe approach and was surprised I lived. He dot'd way too much, he was blocking and parrying more than a monk and had way too many HPs to be a fun solo fight.

Choo
    Gnome Monk of Butcherblock
    My Kung-choo is strong
  4. ARCHIVED-HL1240 Guest

I dont have any fabled gear I wear all T5 Rare and a Helm of Null: Results
    1) First fight there was someone lower then me grouped and vs the lvl 50 Pit Champ. I was agi stacked at about 208 and 150str no potions and used 2 T5 Rare Cestii. The fight literally came down to 1 punch. I had about 100 hps and he had the same.. He won
    2) Second fight I went in completely solo so he was lvl 52. I traded some agi for str and was about 170 Agi and 180 str, no potions and used 1 Darkfist (no stats but procs a a dmg target and heals self) and 1 Right Hand of Master McGillan. He crushed me and I died with him having about 30% Hps
    3) Solo non grouped. same set up as #2 except I used 24agi potion, 17str/sta potion, 200mitigation potion, 300cold/fire/magic/devine/posion/desease potions and a 380 plus 57 tick dmg shield potion. I crushed the lvl 52 champion. When the fight was over I had about 90% Hps and was at about 30% power.
    4) Solo non grouped. I went with the same potions and went agi stacked again. so Setup like fight #1, I beat the Second hard level. Beat a lvl 54 Champion with about 20% Hitpoints left. Was a nervous fight, but I was confident I would win.
    There was some lower lvl fights where I tried to use Imbued cedar bo staff but saw that I had way harder time then with my dw weapons. so didnt try against the Champ.
    If your having problems , try some potions and just work to keep him stunned and stifled best you can.
    You dont have to be fabled out to beat him as there are potions to help make up the difference.
    Also has anyone beaten the Champ on Very Hard yet?.. Im hoping to get a chance later on tonight.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Yup, he's pretty tough on that difficulty level though ;)

[IMG]
  6. ARCHIVED-O2zen Guest

Try doing this fight as an assassin. Other than the opening hit this is a fast death for scouts. Even tried this as a lvl 41 mentor when I was lvl 45 and got beat up quick then as well. Got him to 40% this way but come on. The only way non-uber scouts will win this battle is if the Champ runs around backwards fighting us. 0 and 14 and I have tried all the tricks including pathing, potions, etc, including using the walls.

Fix this please!
  7. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

Yes, well it certainly appears that some classes have a much easier time of it. Anyway, I'm off to get my head kicked in for the third time. Hopefully the 5000000 platinum I spent on potions will help.
    I think Jez' advice on 2H was good - but as I died I can't testify to it. I did a lot better than my first go at least. Good luck to everyone! Oh, and Gage/Gaige/or whatever your bloody name is now - can you stop showing off? "Yeah I just beat the Champion on 'Ultra-Supa-Impossible' in five seconds just by looking at him whilst eating my dinner. Gonna kill him a few more times later tonight when I'm asleep etc etc" Those screenshots are making me feel (more) inadequate. :smileywink:
  8. ARCHIVED-Havannah Guest

I've killed him several times with more then 70% HP left. I have around 8 or 9 fabled. Mostly STR.

I basically Silent Fist him, then gnoll master rage, normal dmg stuff, then when 10sec left on recycle of silent fist, i use charging tiger, lu'son's spitting, icy talon. Then Silent Fist again. He basically never gets to cast. and he falls over quickly.

Don't complain about the encounter. I've had guild mates with just normal monk gear beat him using the same method. Its all about how well you use your skills. Think outside of the box.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

I don't have gnoll master anymore :(
  10. ARCHIVED-Jezekiell Guest

Yeah Gage, stop showing off!

*cough*

[IMG]
  11. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

LoL!
    Nicely done Jez, you finished with more HPs than me :(
  12. ARCHIVED-Sysiphus7 Guest

I beat this guy down... rest up and own him... Devastation fists did work on some of the mobs. Not the few at the end.
  13. ARCHIVED-toten88 Guest

i got a proposal copy me and gaige to test so we can duel, would be good fight probly best equiped brusier vs monk one focused on dps other on dillusions that he is a tank in a dress :smileysurprised:
    think he on test already so just copy me and we will give u a GOOD fight
  14. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Ha Ha, your gear owns mine Toten, it wouldn't even be close. But I don't wear the dress anymore ;)
  15. ARCHIVED-Icewolf99 Guest

He totally owned my 34 monk, i barely got him to 50% before he wiped the floor with me. and i have 2 imbued sticks and fairly good armor etc. Took my warden in there and he beat the champ without breaking a sweat. On the monk, I also cannot beat the blowing up crates or Harclave solo, died about 6 times trying those, there's just too many nuking mobs in Splitpaw, the whole zone is not Monk friendly :( Im about to give up on the whole zone on my monk and just play the warden in there, he owns all the solo zones so easy, it's sad.
  16. ARCHIVED-BLOODkane Guest

I havent even gotten to the champ yet, although I only did the solo arena once. :(

I think I got to the 2nd named gnoll.
  17. ARCHIVED-Brash Guest

My Bruiser has beat the Champ several times; the only loss was on the Very Difficult setting he was 50 and I was 43. I got him to 40% before he dropped me, I'll get em next time!!!
  18. ARCHIVED-BLOODkane Guest

19. ARCHIVED-Cyngii Guest

The funny thing about the first named gnoll (and random brutes in other zones) is sometimes they appear to have super AGI or something. There have been times with the first named gnoll in the arena (Stonefist or whatever he is called) where i've cycled all my CAs (including melee attacks in between) without hitting him once.

I've yet to get the Champion below 60% which is a tad disconcerting. I'm thinking I'll probably hold off til level 50 and have stifle/heal before trying him again as i'm tired of dying and losing my food/drink :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Seyn Guest

Man this thread has made me laugh. I post a nice little how to in the adv pack forum on day 1 on how to smoke this guy as a monk oh well guess you guys didnt see it. Anyway was gone for a few days new baby boy was just born. Yay me. Anyway to make my comments. DO NOT give the champion anymore respect than you would give any other mob that you would attempt solo. Approach it in the exact same manner and boom done. What works for me and Gage and a few others m,ost liekly wont work for us all. Everyone of us plays our monk different. Myself and a few others are prolly some of the few that have actually worked extremely hard to get the best of both sides of our monks. With my current setup I only use 1 potion to smoke this guy. But its not special cause its a potion I always have up non stop. I beat him on very difficult when i got home today. wasnt really any different than on normal he was just higher level. I finished up with about 38% health. only thing I added was a 17 str/stam potion just in case. I see alot of people having problems with this guy and most of them have better gear then me,, ie some fabled. I dont have a single fabled piece but I would be willing ot bet my average DPS is prolly higher than most peeps with 4 or 5 fabled pieces. It really comes down to skill on these solo type fights. If your the kind of monk that will pick up the agro in a raid after 5 hits then you can smoke this fight. Most monks/bruisers at lvl 50 can and do quite easily pull raid agro real fast from mt's if you want it. Basically thats how you need to think when fighting this guy. only difference is your healer "Mend" only has enugh power for 1 heal on you. "The rest of the raid party is dead" and you were the only one with enuogh balls to stay on your feet to duke it out. You go into this fight or any fight as a monk with that type of mentality I will bet you any day of the week that you will be victorious. I dont necessarily mean on your first try but you will win because of your mindset. This mob is 90% easy 10% just plain stupid. Has way more hp than he should. Oh and to those of you useing 2handers on this guy cause your afraid of a riposte grow a set. I DW thsi guy every day and on nomral he cant even get me close to going below 70%. on very difficult didnt need mend and ended the fight at 38%. Screw the 2 hander you arent trying not to have agro you want the agro.

Heres my tip for all you guys that havent been able to win yet. The key to this mob. Unleash fury on him. You kill him before he runs out of power and wallah guess what you are plenty healthy and hes eating dirt. I parsed my last normal fight. he hit me for a total of 1697dmg. Thats how fast I take this dude down. Without the one potion i use he might get me to halfway but thats it. I wield a set of pristine imbued cestii's and my potion is Torrent of the Ages. Poison prc that hits hard and often.

And just to throw some more fuel on the fire. When PvP is live. Feel free to send me a tell if your on Unrest and I will mopp the floor with whatever you wanna dish at my monk. hehe