Get ready now for the NOTD contest - early announcement

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by suka, May 1, 2016.

1. Jawkins Member

House owner: Fellgrim
    Name of house: Red Velvet NOTD 2016
    Name of decorator: Fellgrim
    Size of house: Massive
    Server Name: Test

What happens when a local village hires a Shadow Knight to clear out a nest of Vampires? The village gets a new neighbor (and they might wish they had the vampires back once they see what he's done with the place).
    Chikkin and suka like this.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

right. you will need to wait a bit before publishing. all i need to know is what characters wrote the books. then when that is listed, each one needs to come in and tell us what toon they want the participation prizes on
  3. suka Well-Known Member

got it, thank you
  4. suka Well-Known Member

thank you- got it
  5. suka Well-Known Member

yes there are some people who finished early and would like to publish so they can get on with other things and not worry about it.

please remember to add NOTD16 somewhere in your house title
  6. suka Well-Known Member

yes after you finish with it, it will need to be published so we can easily get to it on little temp toons to judge it
  7. Kenana Well-Known Member

Dungeon Owner: Kenana
    Name of Dungeon: Vampire Masquerade NoTD16
    Type of Dungeon: Mistmoore 1
    Name of Decorator: Kenana
    Server Name Maj’Dul

Now published! A big thanks to Vasiagio! I hadn't thought of Play as Avatar making a difference so I checked it out. If you play as an avatar you can not see the house actors' dialogue at all. So for "house dungeons" play as yourself for best viewing!
    suka and Merriel like this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

Nice! Glad to see so many entries. :)
    suka likes this.
  9. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

If there are any books to be had. . . I need to give access to my house for them to be placed. Only have about 5 days left.
    suka likes this.
  10. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

I finally finished my entry. I decided to go with my first ever dungeon. Well you can't count the storage dungeons. It was fun to do and I have learned to love the features that come with a dungeon. The most important feature is that you can put the zone in spot anywhere in the dungeon. I so wished that was an option for houses. Imagine being able to zone into a house out in a breakout area with a garden and then actually going into the house. Another benefit of the dungeon build was that I had all the items from the tool box and the items that I could craft.
    There are two glitches to my dungeon for which I can not control or fix in any way without redoing the entire dungeon. First, and very important is that when you choose to zone into my dungeon:

Zone In as Play as Self
    If you zone in as an avatar you will not be able to use the "usable items" which means you will be stuck and will have to /house to be able to leave the dungeon. Sorry, I didn't make the rules of the dungeon system and wasn't aware of this issue until the end. The second glitch I discovered is one that has been a known issue: mobs agroing through the walls, floors etc. One mob that is intended to be at the very end of an area agros through the floor. Therefore, the intended effect at the end isn't as planned. Sorry, there is no way to adjust the agro range to where the mob will not come through the floor.

Besides the glitches, I think my vision of the NOTD dungeon came out like I had envisioned. I hope all of you enjoy it. Now for the details of the dungeon...

Dungeon Name: The Sunken Tomb (NOTD16)
    Dungeon owner: Vasciagio Bladesong
    Type of dungeon: Chardok
    Name of decorator: Vasciagio
    Server name: Maj'dul

I look forward to visiting the other entries and enjoyed this NOTD contest - Thanks Suka,
    Vasciagio Bladesong
    Maj'dul

Wizzam, suka and Merriel like this.
  11. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

Lol @ Merriel.
    It is all good. I am used to getting pulled away from a project and sometimes it helps clear my mind so I can come up with more ideas. I did manage to get it completed on time and it is now published. I am so excited to finally tackled decorating a dungeon. Of course, you inspired me to do my first dungeon with your published dungeon: Pick me! Pet Emporium. Can't wait to decorate more dungeons now lol. but alas, I will have to wait... I have, like usual, way too many projects in the works.

Vasciagio Bladesong
    Maj'dul
    suka and Merriel like this.
  12. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Ummm . . I'm publishing. . . I haven't gotten any books so my house is good enough as is. . .
    suka likes this.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

got it thanks
  14. suka Well-Known Member

can't wait to see it
  15. suka Well-Known Member

it will be fine i am sure. you can add more books later as you get them. i am hoping to have the books for the giveaway soon

oh and i need the final name, etc for your house. i am looking forward to solving the murder mystery
  16. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Bellatryx's Masquerade Ball. It is published now. I am soooooo angry! I was writing a book (of my own. . . ) and for some reason I opened another book and all of the sudden I only had one book. I was working on the second half. . and it went POOOF! All that work!! Noooooooooo. . . . . I spent all night writing! Now it's gone!
    Guess people will just have to come back to read the second half.
  17. eana Member

It is now published....Please have graphics card up, have found out if your settings are too low you miss a lot. Enter dungeon as your self not an avatar please. Nothing in there bites. Hope you enjoy the trip. I have tried to make it very easy to navigate. Make sure you read the book at the entrance, it sets the flavor of the dungeon.

Thank you for so much fun and your time. Hugs and Happy NOTD to you.

Dungeon Owner is Reana
    Type of Dungeon is Mistmoore 1
    Name of Dungeon is NOTD16 Ghoulies night out
    Decorator is Reana
    Server is Skyfire
    suka likes this.
  18. kianne Well-Known Member

OMG i love it this is awesome everyone has got to see this one its really very very good, this is so sooo cool....
    suka likes this.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

when i write a book, i first do it on notepad on my computer. (yes on win 10 i still have notepad because it still exists, you have to find the shortcut to it). then i copy and paste into the book. and please, i need copies of every book. if everyone who wrote for her house would please contact me in a pm telling me what toon you want the prize on, what toon to give credit to, and a copy of your book so i can create it on the majdul server for the library with a toon of your toon's name. i would appreciate it. if you are on the majdul server you will of course get books to create yours in.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

also if you wrote a book for the notd mini contest, please make sure to send me a copy of your book and who you want to have credit. you will receive a group of books on each server you are on so you can recreate it.

all books will have copies put in the Norrathian Estate Library on majdul for public viewing. i will be using a toon with your name to write your book unless you are on the majdul server.