Get ready now for the NOTD contest - early announcement

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by suka, May 1, 2016.

1. suka Well-Known Member

all houses and dungeons can be published between Oct 20 and Oct 31. Judging begins on Nov1 and will be finished by Nov 5 - at which time we will announce the winners. We will submit an entire list to the dev on Oct 31 so if you are even just writing a book for Quiarrah, please make sure i have your name for participation prizes. and if you are writing for the mini-contest, please make sure Tinkerbbelle and Quiarrah and i each have a copy of your book. For Quiarrah, please follow the part in post above about getting a book from her house. if you don't have a toon- remember that you can create a free account.

Please remember that while there are restrictions about how involved a heroic toon can be, there are no restrictions on regular toons.

if you are wanting to judge, you may want to make a trial heroic toon on the servers you are judging because you have to be level 20 to get into a dungeon to judge. heroic toons have no problem getting into dungeons to look around.

just remember- not having a slot on your account won't keep you from judging. free accounts give you two slots- and you can delete the free toons after judging. we will make sure your main toon who you want the participation prize on gets the prize - just make sure to tell us who you want it to go to.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

ok, we are keeping the judging very simple. On each house you judge, please rate it this way.
    please rate 1-5:
    how well do you think each house shows the decorator's :
    Theme (fun, funny, scary, etc)
    Creativity
    Ease of Navigation (like not having a maze you absolutely can't get through)
    look and feel - that is not about how perfect the house is, but more about if you really enjoyed it or felt immersed in it.
    we aren't interested in perfection. some things to think about however: did you get stuck? is it overly crowded? (navigation)
    did the decorator follow theme? were there interesting little surprises? was there anything special about the house that made you feel emotion? like creepy, good, nice, scared, etc.
    for creativity, did the decorator seem to have a special sense of color, was there an overall cohesiveness, did you find some interesting ways the decorator used tiny touches?
    there is a lot about a house that determines how we feel about it and whether we like it or not. What we are asking you to do is to analyze your perceptions and help us determine where that house should fall in the judging.
    of course there are two prizes per server. If it is the only house on its server, it gets the house prize. if it is the only dungeon, it gets the dungeon prize.
    where judging really matters is if there are a number of houses and dungeons on a server. we simply can't give each of them the prize.
    think you can do this? make sure you are on the judge's list and remember, you can judge the servers that you are not decorating on.
    oh and make sure to vote on the houses as you judge them.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

Oct 31 is the absolutely last day to enter. you can enter before then, but not after. so if you are not sure you will be finished in time, remember you have until the end of the month
  4. suka Well-Known Member

please do not publish pics of your house or dungeon if it is in the contest
  5. suka Well-Known Member

some of our judges will not be able to judge until Friday or Saturday. To make allowances for those who go to school and work, we are extending the judging until Sunday, Nov 6.
  6. kianne Well-Known Member

hurry upppp the 20th. hurry up Moonlight enchantments.... i need starry tilesssssssssss and plants andd annddd annnddd... help i need a new project to dooooooooo... im boreddddddddddddd!!!!
    suka likes this.
  7. Hoeyilie New Member

Hello everyone. What a great way to come back to the game. I had not played since 2009, and then I have a long list of homes I was commissioned to decorate for other people, and my own homes. I would love to enter this contest. I posted on Facebook and will post here as well because I was a little confused as to where to post for the contest.

Please list:

House owner: Vlademir
    Name of house: Vlademir's NoTD16 Estate of Unrest (vacant estate of unrest)
    Name of decorator: Hoeyilie
    Size of house (massive, small, etc): Massive
    Server Name: Halls of Fate

Book:
    I wrote one that tells a story of the house, not sure if I can enter it, as it is also a prop in the living room of the house for judges and visitors to see
    Faeonara and suka like this.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

please send copies of any books for the mini contest to me and another one to tinkerbbell. she is the judge for the mini contest.

the winner will be asked about publishing it. if you can't make a temporary toon on each server to give copies of it to one trustee on each server for the participants there, please let us know when you are chosen. that way we will try to make a toon on each server in a name similar to yours so we can hand them out.

please make sure your book is a tale about notd.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

if you placed a book at Quiarrah's house, please let me know the name of the toon and server you want your participation prize on
  10. Tohopka Active Member

Shoot between beta my hiatus break and deco I'll be ready next year
    suka likes this.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

Almost deadline...get those entries coming in. :D
    suka likes this.
  12. kianne Well-Known Member

can i publish mine now ,,, can i publish mine now.../bouncing up and down in antisipation ... Now now now can i ,can i ,can i, can i ,,, are we there yet , are we there yet !!! :D

EDIT: @13.51 20/10/2016
    Llamedos guild village notd16 now published on LB under massive homes newly published on Skyfire server, come give it some love and a couple thumbs up, dont for get to read notes and books all actors have dialogue, happy halloween
    Ocarinah and Tohopka like this.
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Will come check it out and vote :D
    suka and kianne like this.
  14. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Are the houses supposed to be published?
    suka likes this.
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

As per Suka's original post:

So I would venture to say yes, they should be published no later than Oct 31.
    suka likes this.
  16. kianne Well-Known Member

it says we can between 20 0ct and 31 oct :) hope this helps
    suka likes this.
  17. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Ah. . . ok. . . ummm. . . if I publish now I won't be able to place books. . .
  18. kianne Well-Known Member

you dont need to publish now ... you have untill the 31st so publish it on the 31st tat gives you 10 more days :D
    suka likes this.
  19. Cylene Well-Known Member

I REALLY hope I finish this in time, but I want to try and enter and complete at least one contest in my EQ2 life.

House owner: Brenleigh
    Name of house: Mistmoore Crags Estate - ( Still thinking of a name for it )
    Name of decorator: Cylene
    Size of house: Massive
    Server Name: Antonia Bayle
    suka likes this.
  20. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Ok thanks Kianne