Get ready now for the NOTD contest - early announcement

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by suka, May 1, 2016.

1. suka Well-Known Member

thank you
  2. suka Well-Known Member

if anyone helped with your house in any way, please let me know so they can get a participation plushie. this will in no way affect your prizes or winning.
    Gretel likes this.
  3. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

Ceyarrecks helped me with my dungeon getting things positioned from different angles, feedback from a different perspective and as a guinea pig hehe.

Vasciaigo Bladesong
    Maj'dul
    suka likes this.
  4. kianne Well-Known Member

lol no wonder i couldnt find it lool ill go check it out this morning :)
  5. Gretel Well-Known Member

Thank you! :)

I wish I could have put about 10 more house actors in there, but I ran out of time for harvesting and the economy on Skyfire is so crazy I can't stomach paying broker prices for etherwood. Maybe after the contest I can fill it up a bit more. ;-)
    suka likes this.
  6. Cylene Well-Known Member

I hope more people from AB participated in the contest.
    suka and Prissetta like this.
  7. Gretel Well-Known Member

Hi Suka,
    For my house (Afterlife NotD2016, decorated by Anackira, owned by Viorian, on Skyfire), I had a lot of amazing help from my partner in crime, character name Delvahine. Delvahine helped with the character ideas for the house actors (visitors will see what I mean), wrote the Afterlife book that's in one of the rooms for me, and test ran it about a dozen times looking for mistakes, bugs, traps, and house actors I forgot to rename (House Actor says "Hello!" urg).

It's really amazing that you and all the folks helping put on the contest and provide prizes and all the judges are doing this. I know I'm "new" on the forums but I have been EQ2 decorating for years and finally decided to try to participate more and publish houses, and it's the community here and the wonderful people that help make it worth it, and the contests that provide motivation!

Thanks!
    ~Anackira
    suka, Drezzden and Prissetta like this.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

you were the only one there- automatically the winner for AB

edit- you WERE the only one there- but now there were two more entries
  9. suka Well-Known Member

making my list for the devs. please people, if anyone wrote a book for you, contributed items to you, helped you in any way, i need their toon's names
  10. Cylene Well-Known Member

That's kinda neat and crappy all at the same time. It was fun to make it, but I had no competition.
    suka likes this.
  11. Chikkin Well-Known Member

oops, is this the contest I volunteered to judge? if so I forgot all about it, sorry and grats to all winners!
    suka likes this.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

i have a request. if you have a sage on these servers, will you please make a dungeon and give Adelyna access and make the books needed listed below? I prefer to give the Abyssal Muldera Notebooks if you can make them. if not, please choose mottled hide notebook. no need to use any rares.
    Antonia Bayle - 6
    Skyfire - 14
    Test 3
    Thurgadin 1
    Isle of Refuge 6
    Stormhold 2

alternatively you can put them on your broker at a fair price and i will buy them.
    Thank you.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

lol you can rename house actors at any time. all you have to do is go in and rename them- you don't have to pick them up or anything. same with changing clothes. got delvahine added to the list thank you
  14. suka Well-Known Member

you have until the 7th of November to get your results to me. You can judge on any server you are not entering a house on. just let me know the toon you want the participation prize on when you submit the results.

btw, anyone can judge. i will know who all judged when i get the results in. the winners will be announced after nov 7
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. kianne Well-Known Member

OMG omg i have just toured your home... i was like this is the bit from you know that film i was running around the waiting room close ups going how the hell did u do that, whats that ... this is freeking awesome.... then i went on the telepad and iwas like WHATTTTT wow wow this is sooo cool, i must say this is amazing truly awesome wow.... /appalude
    Prissetta and suka like this.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

a few things a lot of people don't know about houses and dungeons (yeah i didn't know at one time too)

1. you can remove things from the crate without unpublishing.
    2. if you go into a house where you have access, you can click on the item, choose "return to owner" and the owner will get the item in the mail. no need to unpublish- lesson- be careful who you give access to.
    3. you can only enter a dungeon as a house if you have access- otherwise it will be a dungeon and you have to be level 20 to enter, the mobs will still attack- including the one set up as a flavor mob who doesn't attack in dungeon mode.
    4. you should hit like on a house before leaving so that people can gain rewards in the leaderboards. same with dungeons.
    5. you can rename your house or dungeon without unpublishing. just type /rename and a window will come up to help you.

that's all for now, i can add more later but i have a puppy who is begging for food.
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

after the judging is over, i will be contacting each person to include their houses on the showcases i will write on the winners. everyone else will get a part in each showcase as well. i will be taking screenshots and will have them finished sometime in the next few weeks. you will be welcome to post screenshots here after November 7.
    kianne likes this.
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

Well, my speech is done and I have to turn around and begin work on another, but I am greedily taking a bit of time tonight for myself, so think I'll jump in and tour some of these places. :)

Edit: Hmmm must have been a massive update today. Going to take a while to get into the game. Grrrrr. :D
    suka likes this.
  19. Merriel Well-Known Member

Did Avahlynn never finish her house on IoR server?
  20. suka Well-Known Member

are you published? please make sure your house is published so it can be judged