Get ready now for the NOTD contest - early announcement

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by suka, May 1, 2016.

1. suka Well-Known Member

i hope so too. please stop distracting him. i am eager to see what he comes up with and i thought he was thinking of entering both a house and a dungeon. he only has a little over a month left to finish

Just tell him "we can have lots of fun after you finish."
    Merriel and Ocarinah like this.
  2. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I'll be entering the contest and if my surgeon's visit tomorrow goes well, I mean to help with the books. Wish me luck!!
  3. suka Well-Known Member

awesome. thank you. offering prayers that your visit goes very well
    Merriel, Ocarinah and Avahlynn like this.
  4. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. I'm scared. I'll take all the prayers I can get. <3
    Merriel, Ocarinah and suka like this.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

OK - we have something new on the mini contest and on Quiarrah's need for books. All authors contributing books will be considered participants and will get the participation prize that Kaitheel is giving us. We just need to make sure we collect every name.
    Ceyllynn, Merriel and Ocarinah like this.
  6. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Is this where I put this?? I must be first . . .
    - house.

House owner Bellatryx
    Name of house: Vacant Estate of Unrest
    Name of decorator: Bellatryx
    Size of house : Massive
    Server Name: Thurgadin
    suka likes this.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

kk putting you on the list. You can put your houses here or on facebook. i will be collecting them from both sites. do remember that the facebook place is https://www.facebook.com/NOTDcontest/

We have this site for people who are not on facebook or choose to put their houses here. both places are good for the houses, the mini contest, and the judges
  8. suka Well-Known Member

please remember that there will be two winners on each server- one for dungeons and one for houses. if you enter both, you will get the prizes for both if they win. you may want to choose a different toon for the dungeon. the first place prize can be traded to any toon. the other one i think is no trade. it will save on confusion for the dev if there are two different toons from your account named instead of one seeming to win both prizes.
    remember that the dungeon maker is free in the market place if you don't have it yet.
  9. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

House

House owner: Phoebe
    Name of house: still deciding on that, possibly a Gorowyn break out.
    Name of decorator: Phoebe
    Size of house : tbd
    Server Name: IoR

Dungeon

dungeon owner Avahlynn (you asked for the house and dungeon to have different owners, or did I misunderstand?)
    type of dungeon no clue yet
    name of decorator Phoebe (she's my main, Avahlynn is my alt)
    server name IoR

Book

Shall send to Suka
    Ceyllynn and suka like this.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

that's awesome- thank you. let me know when you get the type of dungeon decided on.
  11. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

House

owner: Cheallaigh
    name: Swamp of Despair(mistmoore)
    decorator: Guinvere
    size: I believe the mistmoores are considered massive
    server: Skyfire

I figure it's time to finally pub it and since the theme works so sweetly with NoTD... now we just need FF for guin's personal nightmare krom, so I can stop terrorizing homeshow about it lol. if I have the time, energy and such, I will see about a dungeon as well. I am still unsure, so will edit or add to the thread if I can do it.
    kianne likes this.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

I think i am going to need some help, please. i should be well in time for oct 31, but not oct 1
    i was informed today that i would need to undergo an urgent surgery on my neck. seems what had simply been way bad is now turning critical. they said it would take place sometime next week and would take 3 weeks for recovery.
    there is a block party scheduled in new halas at 4 pm pacific on oct 1, but i won't be able to attend it or host it.
    any help will be greatly appreciated. also if someone could help with the promoting of the notd contest just in case i am not well by then, i would sincerely appreciate it.
    i hate when real life throws us a curve ball. i would have preferred this to wait until next year but my doctor says waiting any longer would be very detrimental to my health.
    thanks guys- i really appreciate you.

also please send a copy of any books to be judged to Tinkerbbell. She is our primary judge
  13. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I don't want to 'like' any post where you need surgery, yikes, I'm so sorry hun. I'm happy to provide help and promote the contest for you. My story for the book contest is done, I'll send it to Tinkerbell tonight or tomorrow. So there's that done. Cynara is also in the contest, I'm doing a Penny Dreadful (Copper Catastrophe in Norrathian) style home and she is going for something funny and cute, a trailer park NoTD breakout that shows a sillier tongue in cheek wry look at the holiday. I think we are gonna do a burial crypt dungeon. So don't worry over entries, I am really excited for the contest and 100% dobt want you worrying!
    suka likes this.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

thank you. someone replying here, keeping the thread alive, and signing up judges would be awesome. i have a few signed up. anyone can judge on the servers where they are not decorating. please continue to send me names for judging but you can also send a copy to tinkerbbell just in case.
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

I shall do my best to keep this thread alive as well, Suka. You just take care of yourself and get better and don't worry about us. We have been missing you, and hope that you return soon. Take as much time as you need for recovery and don't worry about things here while you are gone. :)
    Avahlynn likes this.
  16. Aelissa Well-Known Member

One more week before sign up post here, or do we sign up before the contest on FB? I am a tiny bit confused-erated!
  17. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

you can sign up now, just the usual rules about not to pub etc before the end of oct.
    Aelissa and suka like this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

and you can sign up either place. we are monitoring both this thread and the facebook page. and actually as long as you sign up before the last day in october, before publishing, you will be accepted.
    Merriel and Aelissa like this.
  19. eana Member

Greetings, Hope everyone is well, I did read about a surgery. Please let us know everything is fine.
    I would like to enter my dungeon please. I had forgotten how much fun a dungeon could be. There are not any mobs that attack.

Dungeon Owner is Reana
    Type of Dungeon is Mistmoore 1
    Name of Dungeon is NOTD16 Ghoulies night out
    Decorator is Reana
    Server is Skyfire

Thank you for having this contest. It will not be published until you give the okay.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

thank you for entering- got it. and i will know more after i see my doctor this coming week. if it takes too long for him to schedule it, i will ask him to wait until after the contest is over. i don't want to be kept off the computer during the most exciting time of the year.