Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2015

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Mophia Active Member

Thanks Kaitheel. My briggie on test will have to wait until Halas comes around again, as the live update will be after it goes down, but at least she'll get the others she's missing.

No problems found so far on the Frostfell stuff.
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with Frostfell or not, but I'm not finding any other info about it (maybe News and Announcements?)...

Logged in last night to Test in time for Santa Glug at 5:10 pm, everything went fine and smoothly. Logged in today at 11:03 am to get there in time at 11:18 am for Santa Glug, and so it won't mess up my timetables, but lo and behold, there are Test updates that are apparently re-doing EVERY DUNGEON IN THE GAME. Over 70,000k on DSL (and no, I won't be doing cable these days, thanks; the only bundles I want don't have to do with the internet or my landline, which is still very useful/required for emergencies, because our home area sucks for cell phones), it's apparently stuck on some pretty huge ones, and it's taking forever. I'll probably be quite late (judging by the progress, I'm guessing anywhere from half an hour to an hour or more), and while this is Test and subject to change without notice more than even the rest of the game, a little head's-up for this surprise would've been nice. ;->

On the other hand, one of the things I saw crawling slowly down the screen was something like Qeynos Village_01 thorough _06; not sure if it meant instances of Qeynos for Frostfell(?), or just possibly--the return of the real suburbs? Where we don't have to slaughter our friends and neighbors any more? WOOT! :D

Uwk
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Does rather smack of holiday imperialism, yeah. :-/

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :D

Uwk
    who, as a student of history, acknowledges that there are a heck of a lot of Northern Hemisphere cultures that have come up with not only Harvest holidays (Nights of the Dead, anyone?), but also Winter Solstice-type stuff...and if this little planet here with different cultures but only one sentient species (at least with thumbs) can celebrate variety, how much more so a planet that has many sentient species? ;->
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh, just working on this part of the quest now...and yeah, it is pretty obnoxious of us to just hang up stuff everywhere without so much as a "by your leave"... :-/

I'm just glad they enjoyed it! ;->

Uwk
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, having a way back (if nothing else, to one of your aligned cities, like the Wardrobe; best would be back to the Village or the Workshop) as part of the quest, like clicking on the sleigh or something, or having the apprentice give you another one-use Travel Globe or something would be great. :)

Uwk
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I noticed that of the presents Santa Clug hands out most are the new ones now you rarely ever get one of the old ones
    I would love to still get some of the old plushies here and there. and I think I got enough antlers
    unless you introduce Hydras as playable races .
    " imagines self with 9 ratonga heads with antlers on top "

and I just found out that ,...." I can now see the Manager ":D
    thanks for the fixes.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...looking at the part of the new FF quest where you're in the Workshop, going up and down the basement ladder, the tree that's right there when you come out can interfere with your exit from the basement; if you turn too sharply to try to avoid it, you wind up going back down the ladder again. Not sure there's any way to move it just a tad, or put it on another side or in another corner; that spot would look awfully bare without something there. :-/

Uwk
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

maybe move some of the presents
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It'd still be good to have her name over her head, too. :-/

And lol! Interesting race idea...but yeah, there's quite a few Heirloom-only type things I'd love to see able to dispose of in other ways...at least we can Vendor those, if need be. :-/

Uwk
    who really, really wishes there were a "storage Mannequin" that WOULD take Appearance stuff out of our inventory... :-/
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...they seem to be slipping back into their old habits again. Would be even tougher if they re-popped...they don't, do they? :-/

Would also be useful if Stealth/Invis worked against them. :-/

I'd hate to think of this as another quest where "if you're not a Warrior-type, just forget about it"... :(

In my humble opinion, the numbers of them could probably be reduced by 1/3 and it would still be challenging.

Uwk
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

A bit of Feedback: I love the gift-giving aspect of the new quest; there's no penalties for getting it "wrong," you just try again while you're there. Brilliant! :)

Uwk
    Kaitheel likes this.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

I just had to pop on and give a big thank you to you guys from my kids & myself for all the cool stuff this year for Frostfell. We were particularly excited about the blizzard brambles (which I wanted since the Frostfell revamp) and the fabulous windows!

Love them!
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

if anybody has to much trouble with the instance at the beginning of the new quest , there is always the option of mentoring down it helps and the instance will scale to the lowered level of your toon.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Excellent suggestion! :)

I'm going to try it now with my Conjuror and see if having a combat pet helps. :)

Uwk
  15. Test Taffies Active Member

Ratonga Beastlord level 91 here, Meg Gingersnap had a book over her head but still no name visible.
  16. Gneaux Active Member

Does anyone remember those old music boxes that I believe were once part of the first Frostfell? I saw that we now have a chance to harvest "gifties" that are no longer given out by Santa Glug. It would be completely awesome to find a way to bring back those old music boxes.
  17. Starcloud Member

With my toon Enlightment I finished almost all quests incl the new ones and did not encounter any problems.
    Only quest left to do is An Exalting Experience, but since it is an old quest I dont think it gives any problems

Many thanks for the new items. The windows are stunning

Have Fun and Stay Safe

Starcloud, Maj'Dul
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I got 5 gifts out of those gifts and they all were the same kind of candles
    I guess I could fill my house with those and use them to heat my house
    or roast some marshmallows.

you can still get music boxes from a collection
    make one from an Errolies day recipe
    or there is a quest or more that awards you a music box

only 5 minutes later I had 10 candle groups all the same color is that all we can get or am I just stuck with the same extra gift ?
    hmm I should get one of those new elite houses and turn it into a temple of light , lots of candles all over
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Katz like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm been getting the awesome Snowflakes as well, that shed snowflakes small enough to look like bubbles if they're placed upside down! :)

Uwk
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

As far as the new quest goes and combat, it's far easier with a combat pet if you're a caster. :-/

Uwk
    who wonders if that "mentoring down" bit should be tried for my non-Fighter/pet owners; should make life a little easier...