Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2015

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Frostfell Candy Grab

Issue: Counter counts down to zero and then nothing. Not told to go, cannot move for a few seconds, then once you can move you cannot collect candy. Deleted and started quest 3 times with same results.

Toon: Dancingmoon, Ratonga, lvl91
    Time: 6:35 am est
    Place: Antonica
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

in Scholarly Pursuits for a Festive Frostfell VIII, two recipes are listed as Sugar Plum Wizard Star. One makes the named item, the other makes the Yellow Dazzle Wizard Star.

OMG the detail on the nuts in that holiday snack bowl! Now I need to go buy a bag of walnuts...

Are the Merry and Bright Frostfell Leather Gloves and the Merry and Bright Frostfell Handguards supposed to look identical? Same with the M&B Frostfell Shoes vs Leather Boots. I get that they're supposed to be 'leather' vs 'cloth' set, but if they look identical and are both rated as cloth armor, appearance only, there doesn't seem much reason to have both...

edit: Unless they actually look different worn and it's just the preview looks the same, in which case there's a problem with how they appear in the dressing room.
  3. Katz Well-Known Member

I love surprises! I like this change a lot.
    Febrith and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Love the model for the new cap, saw it on my son's character. Did a view on my aerekin and it actually covers her head with no clipping, unlike the older frostfell caps. Any way the older ones from the merchant and such could change to that model? It would be nice to have the bald head under cap look changed.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok I was able to see the supply manager last time I dropped the quest because I thought this would fix the problem not seeing her but it did not so yea this lady is still playing hide and seek.
    she really must hate Conjurors this is a froglok .
    ahh I don't even get an update for entering the workshop now.
  6. d1anaw Well-Known Member

I saw someone say they got candles from harvesting and I was going to say that the write up in EQTraders mentions that possibility. Kind of cool to be able to pick up some things from FF past.
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

Yep hopign that some things from teh first FF will be there if not i'll have fun harvesting with my best harvesters on my servers LOL
  8. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Hope that Santa Glug plushie turns up in one of the nodes. I have them from Frostfells long past, but they really should return in some way again. :)
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hnh...I'm wondering if they're not somehow, somewhy, some etc. cycling back to the bad old days, when it wouldn't even start without at least 3 people doing it all at once... :-/

Uwk
    who, if there's a person already there doing the race, will LEAVE until they go away; should just be the clock raced, not the professionals
  10. Mophia Active Member

I noticed the same thing happening on the Halas Aether Race, so not just the Frostfell races.

Will have a look at new frostfell stuff tomorrow, but would like the aether race fixed so my 1 test char who hasn't done it can get it done while festival up.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I had a character in that zone last year for 4 extra days after it was over just never loged of I tell you people in my guild were teasing me about it but I got quite good at doing the race in the frostfell village I know its not the same as the race your talking about but don't worru the city fest will be back next year just in a different town
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True about the Aether race; just wondering if there are city-specific prizes?

Uwk
  13. Alenna Well-Known Member

on Gift Giving quest can't you have some sort of hint in teh text of the quest it is tiresome having to run around maludura looking for books i'm on ranger and they are trackable but running around and around maldura gets old.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Before too long, I'm sure someone will have the details (like the coordinates) up on Zam. :)

Uwk
  15. Chrissdae Active Member

On Special Delivery quest, I am running it on a level 20 troubador, and when she goes down the stairs in the Maldura Steamworks, there are two mobs that are too close together. I have tried different ways to avoid one, but she can't seem to. They are level 20, but the two together, kill her every time. Maybe one could be placed a little further away, for lower levels doing this quest.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

no the prize for the city festival for the flying race is always the same do it 3 or 5 times don't remember and you get a crash pat
    as in a motorized mount ( it does not fly )
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We had the exact same problem (and it was infuriating) every time with Brewday, when we have to collect the special Minotaur Brew as part of a larger quest. For the longest time, the Heroic, aggro, giant floating eyeball things were like 20' away from the minotaur, and about 5' away from the horse travel station you can take to get into the area from the north. The road to the spot from the south was lined on all sides with aggro goblins. If anything wasn't grey to you, you were anything from inconvenienced all the way up to just plain dead, without much chance to get the item you needed. :-/

We finally managed to convince the Powers that it wasn't funny to give low-level players such heart attacks and they re-pathed the eyeballs, at least, away from the area until after the holidays. Hope it won't take them that long this time. :(

Uwk
    Chrissdae likes this.
  18. Kaitheel Developer

I was able to make the following changes today, but I don't know when they will make it to Test:
    • Yellow Dazzle Wizard Star - This recipe is now correctly named.
    • Frostfell Candy Grab: Antonica & Frostfell Candy Grab: Commonlands - These contests are back up and working, once again!
    ~ Kaitheel
  19. Kaitheel Developer

I found a way to resolve the issue that popped up for the Frostfell races today, but the aether races are set up differently. I hope to dig around in that one tomorrow.

~ Kaitheel
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good luck! Hope you're not the only one there working on it! :)

Uwk
    Chrissdae likes this.