Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2015

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Now that Test has been updated… Frostfell is active on Test!

There's plenty of Frostfell cheer throughout Norrath this season! Gigglegibbers and Frostfell elves are busy celebrating the holiday within the player cities, and encouraging everyone to visit the Frostfell Wonderland Village, accessed through the Magic Closets in Qeynos Province District, Freeport, Haven, Kelethin, Neriak, Gorowyn and New Halas. There you can assist Jarith Icewing and Frestishan with their holiday challenges, or help Candice Cheriweth, Gardy Ex-Giftgiver, Mr. McScroogle, Queen Bunny, and Snarf Frostfoot with some holiday tasks, but only after you release them from their deep freeze! For those that have a talent for crafting, you can help Sogs Frostfoot, or gather presents to craft wondrous new Frostfell goodies for yourself. Don't forget to log in each day and claim your extra-special Frostfell present from everyone's favorite Frostfell Gigglegibber, Santa Glug!

New Features for '15!
    • New Quest series - "Deepice Dreams" plus four follow up quests, see walkthroughs below for details. Quest starter is offered to people with Terrors of Thalumbra by Jarith Icewing in Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • Santa Glug, a gigglegibber goblin in a very bad Santa disguise in Frostfell Wonderland Village, is back and has 15 tradable gifts (7 new) to give everyone that asks once a day (18 hours)!
    • Gerbi Frostfoot, the permafrostfell merchant in Frostfell Wonderland Village, has 6 new items for sale for everyone and 28 new armor pieces for players level 100.
    • Tradeskillers can create NEW house items, clothing and equipment in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. They can buy the new crafting books from Giddlenerf, Guhtosle, Giggawat, and Garsleblat.
      • “Frostfell Outfits You Can Make VIII”
      • “Frostfell Feasts and Decorative Crafts VIII”
      • “Scholarly Pursuits for a Festive Frostfell VIII”
    • Giggawat, and Garsleblat now also sell 2 new items.
    Returning features:
    • Updated in game mail sent to every player that logs in while the event is active.
    • Holiday themed achievements.
    • "The Great Candy (Cane) Chase" - offered by Frestishan in Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • "A Deepice Mystery" quest offered by Jingle in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • "Merry Mischief" quest offered by Candice Cheriweth in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, is predicated on having completed "A Deepice Mystery".
    • "Frostfell Decoration Committee: Permafrost!" quest offered by Sogs Frostfoot in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • “Raiding the Gifty Storehouse!” quest offered by Gardy Ex-Giftgiver in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, is predicated on having completed "A Deepice Mystery".
    • Gixen, one of Santa Glug’s Helpers in Enchanted Lands, is willing to exchange odd giftboxes or clockwonky toys gathered within the Gigglegibber Gifty Storehouse for Frozen Tokens of E'ci.
    • "Feelin' Gifty in __" quests offered by G'shugahplum in Kelethin, Qeynos, Freeport, Gorowyn, Neriak and New Halas.
    • "A Gigglegibber's Work is Never Done" quests offered by Gh'lad Tydingz in Kelethin, Qeynos, Freeport, Gorowyn, Neriak and New Halas, can be repeated up to 15 times.
    • "The Tale of the Gigglegibber Grump" quest line is offered by Pinchy Presentpeeler in Qeynos or Freeport.
    • "A Frostfell Favor" quest is offered by Mr. McScroogle in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, is predicated on having completed "A Deepice Mystery".
    • "Saving Frostfell" quest is offered by Queen Bunny in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, is predicated on having completed "A Deepice Mystery".
    • "The Giftgiver's Dilemma" offered by Gardy Ex-Giftgiver in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, is predicated on having completed "A Deepice Mystery".
    • "Mission Improbable..." offered by Aildiun Mawdrun in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • "It's Time to Sleigh the Dragon!" offered by Snarf Frostfoot in the Frostfell Wonderland Village, is predicated on having completed "A Deepice Mystery" and has a new reward choice.
    • "An Exalting Experience!" offered by Aildiun Mawdrun in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • "Frostfell Candy Grab: Antonica" offered by Snowball in Antonica.
    • "Frostfell Candy Grab: Commonlands" offered by Crumpet in Commonlands.
    • Tradeskillers can create classic house items, clothing and equipment in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. They can still buy previous years’ crafting books from Giddlenerf, Guhtosle, Giggawat, and Garsleblat.
    • "Decoration Additions in __" quests offered by Gevil (in Neriak and Freeport) and Gutten (in New Halas, Qeynos, Kelethin, Gorowyn and Haven).
    • Festive decorations can be found in Qeynos, Freeport, Haven, Kelethin, Darklight Wood, Village of Shin, Gnomeland Security in Steamfont, Butcherblock docks in Butcherblock, Somborn in Loping Plains, Gorowyn in Timorous Deep, Neriak, and New Halas.
    • Snowball and fruitcake fights.
    • Sturdy Fruitcake (throwing weapon like the snowballs) can be gathered throughout the world from fruitcake decorations and when it hits another player, it puts the fruitcake into their inventory, giving them ammo to throw themselves!
    • The Frostfell Wonderland Village is still flyable and frozen over! Players will find it very difficult to stop moving while on these icy sections.
    • The frost-bitten toes collection quest can be found within The Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • Snowballs with knockback are found within the Frostfell Wonderland Village. These icy snowballs are no zone, and have practically no affect upon players standing on solid ground, but those that are on the slippery ice will find themselves being slid quite a distance!
    • The Permafrostfell group dungeon zone!
    Also, as with every year, the grand Frostfell Trees and event music within Freeport and Qeynos will be missing until the zone art is updated.

This event content is currently set to run 12/10/15 at 8am PST* through 0 /7/16 at 7am PST* on the live (non-TLE) servers. (*Corresponding with a live game update)

~ Kaitheel
    Jaden, Xillean, Jrel and 3 others like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

YAY Frostfell
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. mouser Well-Known Member

Three cheers for Santa Glug!

Have they tied new Frostfell content to owning the latest expansion before?
    And I wonder how the level 100 Frostfell gear will compare to the current ToT loot?
  4. Tsurara Member

is there a way to copy to test server or am i forced to lvl up over there?
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

• TWO recipes are labeled "Gingerdread Plushie". One creates "Chocolaty Gingerdread Plushie" - recipe name should be changed
    • "Sugary Gingerdread Plushie" creates "Sugary Gingerdread Man Plushie" - add or remove a "Man" as appropriate? ;D
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The "Icy Blade Sconce" is a {cough} tad large on default size. It may need some tweaking. :D
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Test is a start-from-scratch server, just like live servers are.
  8. Tsurara Member

dang.. thought there was a way, thanks for letting me know, will check it out still though :)
  9. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

"Quest starter is offered to people with Terrors of Thalumbra by Jarith Icewing in Frostfell Wonderland Village."

Does this mean what I think it means? That the new frostfell quests are being gated by the new expansion?

This feels like the start of a new disturbing trend. Making new quests for festivals only for those who have bought the new expansion. And with the new restrictions for silvers, do those new 100 pieces of barter armor have the tag making them unusable by silvers I wonder?
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

so many new items to hoard! I love it!

1 thing about window panes, snowflakes are great but can we pencil in for some other time those panes without snowflakes? without fog even? is there really no way to make windows clear, or slightly smudged/dirty maybe, but without moving things on them?
    Ceyllynn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Jasym Member

So far I've only tested two toons, but my level 100 Erudite Conjy (100 Sage) cannot see Meg Gingersnap when we are instructed to find the Supply Manager in the Frostfell Workshop - Deepspice Dreams. A second conjy in our guild is having the same problem.

I have not had a problem with the quest so far on my Level 70 fae Warden (100 Tailor). So far seems to be just the conjy's or maybe summoners not being able to see her.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Necros are fine (including dark elf necros) ... so looks like just conjurors so far.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Question - on "Special Delivery" is "find my way back" meant to be "gate or camp to yourself to get out of there" or are we missing something obvious in the zone? (We've all been gating or camping, I just want to be sure we're not missing some clickable that exits us.)
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

my ratonga level 31 conji could not see Meg Gingersnap while on the quest but I had discovered the portal on her while running around and could see her with out the book overhead and only got a hi from her but as soon as I got the quest and went back in she was no where to be found
    Ceyllynn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

Well youc an spend 3500DBC and get a heroic toon or if you want to just do some testing make a trial heroic. will be level 90 if you do that
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

Denmum linked some of the leather about like the quest rewards I'd say.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I got some of my guild mats come over from AB the first time and you level up fast anyway
    and for testing festivals the quests are usually scaled to your level anyway
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, don't feel like you need to power level to play here, Tsurara. :)

Uwk
    who loathes power levelling; this isn't a game you "beat" ;->
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Someone in /test mentioned issues with a DE dark elf not being able to see Meg in the Frostfell Workshop - I did not get if that was an issue from the start with them, or on one of the later quests. My (good - Qeynos resident) halfling warlock is having no issues seeing her, though, on any step of any quest that needs her.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

You're not missing anything in the zone. I was kinda' wondering about that though. Would it make more sense to have the gate (where you entered) port you to Maldura?

~ Kaitheel