Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2015

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I have taken my toons in there as low as level 10 you can zone in and out all you lose is the materials but the instance stays open for 2 days
    so if you got to pick your final trade at level 19 you can do so and than pick up where you left of
    just don't ever turn in any of the quests or if you leave you have to do it all over again , the next day because your locked out
    so as long as you don't turn in any of those quests you can leave go to an outhouse ( wash your hands ) have a pizza and than come back and craft some more
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Excellent! Thanks for that! :)

I'd always refrained from doing anything in there with the less than level 20 folks...good point! :D

Uwk
  3. Katz Well-Known Member

Yep, but I can think of no reason why it should be that way so I'm hoping it is something that wasn't intended and can be fixed.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nah, it was probably either intended or an oversight, but it's been there since the first year of that quest. I just keep that in mind and go back and get some more when necessary. ;->

Another thing they could do to fix it is have another type of material, like "Frostfell stocking yarn" or something. /shrug

Uwk
    Katz likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One of the first things I did, one of the first times I did this, is I did the "Add POI..." thing you can get when you have the Map (M) up. I'll find those two, place myself right there, then put the POI (Point of Interest) at my location. When you right-click and select Add POI... it'll take you to a new window where you can name the new POI, and there's a small button in there that if you click on it, will change the coordinates to where you are, physically, character-wise. I did that the first time, like I say, and ever since, I can always find them, but usually when I need to, the little red book comes up on the Map, so I don't have to worry. :)

Still, it's nice to have backup. ;->

Uwk
    Katz likes this.
  6. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Green trees are quested. Not sure where in Freeport, but in Qeynos, go to the old Ironforge Estate in North.
  7. Chrissdae Active Member

I never realized you could do that, and it sometimes takes me awhile to do this. Thank you Schmetterling!
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea I even loged of one time this year had forgotten I was in there crafting but it was fine you do have to make shure you finish within 2 days or the quest will expire and you got to retake it
    but even than all your work is not for nothing , unless they have not changed it I once ran out of time, was locked out of the instance but when I went in expecting that it all was reset it was all still the same I tried to drop the quest so I would get a new instance but no such luck , I had tofinish this instance first

at the end of frostfell if your in the middle of doing the crafting quest , the instance will stay open till you leave
    the bad news is you cant turn it in for tokens until next year but you can finish inside and get all the xp
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, sweet! :D

Thanks for that last! :)

Uwk
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

this one is for any new people when you do the decorating quest , don't ever leave the instance before the fat lady sings
    Ahhmm the fat dragon sings .......:confused: I mean the big dragon freezes the place or you wont get tokens either .
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok just found out an interesting fact if you do all adventuring quests in the ice keep you don't have to unlock the token merchant every year at least my character that I did that just walked up to the merchant and not only got to see what's for sale but was also able to buy stuff and I have not done any quests yet this year
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...if you do the crafting quest for the goblins, I think that does unlock the token merchant, but if that's all you do, you have to keep doing that every year. :-/

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Green trees are my delight
    Green trees are all my joy
    Green trees are my favorite type
    To get from the goblins; green trees...
    (with apologies to whomever wrote the original music to "Greensleeves"/"What Child is This") :D

Uwk
    who thinks the one in Freeport is by the stables? Not sure, but most of the holiday stuff seems to be in WFP

EDIT: my bad; it's South Freeport, across from the Guild Hall at -80, -8, 191.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And kind of weird feedback at that, considering how much I loathe the silly "World Bells outside the Guild Halls will now take you everywhere, whether it's safe or not" bit that's definitely a bug... :-/

On the Magic Closet, could we get options to take us not just to our aligned cities, but to any city of the six that isn't KoS to us? I'd love to be able to have a Good toon blip to, say, Gorowyn/Timorous Deep, and even an Evil toon can go to Kelethin (if they're careful) and New Halas; they just won't be able to do much there. ;->

Uwk
    in the spirit of the Peace on Norrath, Good Will to All Sentients time of the year :)
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK/BUG:

Er, I don't have a Coercer on Test; I generally don't like 'em at all as a class (fairly useless soloing, imho), so it wasn't until I tried out my lone Coercer on Crushbone--er, Maj'Dul that I noticed a major problem. NO COERCION? The things we're supposed to fight through to get to the li'l gnome gal in the new quest?? It's bad enough to have to deal with that in the center of the Hedge Hollow Maze in Nights of the Dead; at least that's understandable, since there's only one guy in there at the end, and we should be buff enough to at least not die instantly (wrong thinking; it's why I Betrayed with my first Coercer, just so she could be an Illusionist). :-/

But more than one target, where none of them can be coerced in a place where even Stealth/Invis doesn't work, to heck with that. It's the NAME of the class! :mad:

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew...now that's out of the way, I was thinking about the questions folks were having about us just barging into Maldura and putting up a tree, decorations, etc. without so much as a by-your-leave when the people there already have a gift-giving tradition. Granted, they do seem to like Frostfell, but if you didn't want to have to bother asking the Queen or the bartender for permission, you could just have Meg say, "I've talked to people from there, and they're okay with it" or something along those lines. ;)

Uwk
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Uwk I already said that about 3 times
    and I also said this on another thread what about Thurgardin
    this is a town people knew about , don't the dwarfs here deserve some tender loving care too
    and more important some decorations or did somebody ask them and they don't want any ?
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, you, me, and I think...Lohengrin (sp.?) were, I think, the only three folks that cared about actually asking the new folks about just willy-nilly going all cultural imperialist on them, when they already had their own gift-giving tradition. And yeah, if we're going to do that, Thurgadin could use some sprucing up, too! :D

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, I know Frostfell's over for this season, and fun's fun, but really...

BUG/FEEDBACK: when moving us from the now-defunct (until next time!) Frostfell Village to the neutral point in the Thundering Steppes, can we PLEASE not get immediately booted out again, only to be told:

"Get out, evil invader from across the world! You already have a character in the game, scum!"
    "Why yes, I know, because, o Powers, YOU'RE the ones who booted me out, but kept my character still 'in game'! :mad:"

And not letting me in, even to the Thundering Steppes. And this isn't even on Skyfire... ;->

Uwk
    who isn't actually on Test with this issue, it must be admitted... :-/