Everquest 2 has detected an unrecoverable error and must shut down.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Tyler, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight130 New Member

I was getting this exact error. Completed the "Validate Game Assets" task (twice) and it now launches perfected.

On a side note, during installation my pc crashed twice. May have something to do with it?
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What is your Operating System: Win XP, Vista, 7, 8? This sounds a bit scary; do you think the computer crashing had to do with your installation problems, or that your installation problems caused the computer to crash twice? :-/

Uwk
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

Or instead of a 15GB download for two files less than 5 MB, you could have googled "D3DCompiler_43.dll" and "D3DX9_43.dll".

Ok I've zipped up the four DX9 files that EQ2 requires and put them on EQ2Wire:

http://eq2wire.com/files/dx9eq2.zip
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thank you! When/if we get a new computer, we just might need those, since most new ones start at like DX11 or 12 now, right? :-/

Uwk
  5. Perkyhalfling New Member

Incase it helps others this is what I did and it worked for me. I didn't do anything else. Extract direct to Everquest 2 folder. Thank you Feldon.
    Feldon likes this.
  6. jblackfox Member

All the above just seem odd that they began just after GU66 when the game worked fine before that. Does SOE have anything in the works on this?
  7. Hughes_de_Payens New Member

put the 4 above mentioned files in the eq2 folder same things happen. so glad this happened b4 i paid for a subscription. ill be holding onto that money prolly gonna uninstall this as it is unplayable at this point. check back in a few weeks.........
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

What's the exact error you are getting?
  9. Hughes_de_Payens New Member

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify>
    G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp
    (17801):
    DirectX Error.(E_OUTOFMEMORY)
    0168ac49
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

How strange. The zip file I posted should specifically solve that problem. Can you go to your video card manufacturer's website and download their video driver for your video card? Often the "automatic" driver from Microsoft will not work well with games.
  11. Hughes_de_Payens New Member

lol b4 u posted that i ran future mark and it listed card driver out of date. went to amd and yea may 22nd so installed it.played about an hr.......boom back to back crashes same thing.if i enter house,gate or talk to an npc, pretty much anything will cause it.
    funny thing is i can make this card run balls out its the game that crashes it..... my bench marks were great.
  12. King New Member

PLEASE HELP CLUELESS

EverQuest 2 has detected an unrecoverable error and must shut down
    <verify>
    G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\directx9renderdevice.cpp (1895): directx Error. (D3err_NOTAVAILABLE
    018530ce
  13. King New Member

PLEASE HELP CLUELESS
    <verify>
    G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\directx9renderdevice.cpp (1895): directx Error. (D3err_NOTAVAILABLE
    018530ce
  14. King New Member

PLEASE HELP THIS POPS UP AFTER I HIT THE EQ2 PLAY BUTTON

<verify>
    018530ce
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One thing to remember about EQ2 is that it doesn't like to play well with others, which includes anything from DirectX that isn't 9.0c, specifically. According to rumor, that's no longer true except on Test server, but apparently, if people are still having issues, you still need to download DirectX 9.0c. With my uber-system nowadays, I think the new hardware came with DirectX 11 or 12 or so, and occasionally has mysterious Win7 issues probably about having to put up with 9.0c as well (I don't know for sure, since Win7 is even worse at communicating with Microsoft's customers than Win98 was). :-/

Uwk
  17. Antrageous New Member

I am also having the same error. I have tried everything mentioned in this post but nothing is working for me.

Last time this happened I had just installed Vista and loaded the game. Ran great for a few days then the errors started. I put in an incident ticket and after several days of "do this" "do that" someone from Sony sent me a fix that they did not recommend as you had to make changes on your computer to your video memory using command prompt. I went back through the incident reports and of course the one I believe had the answer is now a dead link.

It was so simple and was the only thing that worked for me. I did not encounter the error again until I installed 7 and after about a week of no problems it's back doing the same thing.

Anyone here of anything like this or is there a real working fix for the issue? Sony gonna continue ignoring this issue?
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sony can't do much; it's up to SOE. :-/

But yeah, I know the feeling, especially with Win7 now; I don't have any of the old issues of Memory Overload, etc., but what issues I have now are completely mysterious, since when I have them, Win7 refuses to tell me anything, other than "Microsoft had to shut down the program. You don't need to know why" or something to that effect. :-/

Uwk
    darn near longing for some of the old XP functionality...
  19. Rykus Member

I don't want to sound like I'm scolding people, but this thread has nearly a dozen distinct issues listed in it as "me-too's"; some are completely unrelated to the original poster's issue.

If you want better help for your specific issue, please make a completely new thread with as many of the details about it as possible instead of posting a "me-too" to someone else's thread that may actually be for an entirely unrelated problem.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Shmogre like this.
  20. Silresa Member

Ah, the thrills of tech support.. One of the biggest problems is sorting everyone's "same" problem into where it actually belongs. "I'm lagging!" "Yeah me too!" Network or video? "What? Lag, you know, lag lag. I'm lagging. FIX IT UGH."
    Feldon, Rykus and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.