Everquest 2 has detected an unrecoverable error and must shut down.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Tyler, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

How's the /petition for it been going? :-/

Uwk
  2. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I sent the files they wanted... I doubt they'll have time/staff to do much any time soon. /..\
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Velwyn Member

I get the exact same errors. G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp(1986): Failed to create D3D device for NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 015f7690. And you can't say it's memory or graphics on my part. I'm running 14 gigs memory and dual graphics cards. If EQ2 just popped out graphics my computer NOW can't handle. I'm completely uninstalling the game and going to Aion in that case. It's not freaking worth it in this case..... I also copied and pasted the 4 files aforementioned in the before posts in my EQ2 folder and verified now 5 times. Nothing works. And like hell I'm re-downloading 15gigs for SoE's f-up.....
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's odd; I've heard of really high-end computers that had issues with EQ2, often because of DirectX 9.0c, but if you have that...hmm. There are a plethora of older threads along those lines in the General Tech Support forum, but that seems to have "gone the way of Alderaan," as they say in Star Wars fandom, so I'm not sure if they're archived or not yet. :-/

Anyone else manage to fix this yet?

Uwk
  5. Velwyn Member

So far I've searched all over and no dice on the high end tech threads. Just a lot of squawks here and there about DirectX failing because of this new server maintenance. And it's usually geared towards just those missing files. I already pushed those files in and nothing. I'm not going to sit and spend hours rooting through my computer when I already know it's something SoE did on their end when it was working JUST fine before they did WHATEVER they did during this last maintenance.....
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sadly, it's often the case. :-/

Many's the time when something went foobar, and the techs I often spoke to burbled around and insisted it was something I must've changed on my end, when NOTHING of the sort occurred. Keep at them! Petitions do work...eventually. :-/

Uwk
    Velwyn likes this.
  7. Velwyn Member

IF enough people hound them enough. Lol!!
  8. Dilligax Member

Yes and when you do get a responce from then dont be shocked to hear its been your computer all along , as was my case game good one day then Nov 23 maintence rolls along then after that , i seem to spend more time restarting the game than actually playing on it ... anyway good luck with issues -- Dilligad - freeport
  9. Konflictus New Member

I am continually getting this error now whenever I zone into my Mistmoore Estate. I do have an absurd amount of items in the home however.

I have validated my files as per my support ticket instructions. I have also updated DirectX and Nvidia files. I have plenty of memory. I don't understand why I get this error. It makes me not want to even bother playing. I'd rather find games that work, and that don't require a subscription.

[IMG]
  10. ITPalg Member

It could be a hardware / driver conflict. I never get this now after having it a few times years ago.

Make sure your drivers are up to date. Use MemTest86 to check your RAM. Check your alerts/warnings in your Windows error reporting logs (I found a bunch of Nvidia audio driver alerts spamming it because I installed my Nvidia graphics drivers with the unnecessary for me audio install as well, along with warnings about bad blocks).
  11. Goreganis Member

12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

How close do the minimum reqs and recommended reqs conform to reality? :-/

Uwk
  13. Ratza Well-Known Member

I get the directX error message ONLY on my main toon after zoning into my house after I craft my item for the daily apprentice....none of my other toons get this error when zoning after crafting the apprentice item.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good lord; it's weird, unique things like that popping up that make devs and techs tear their hair out. :-/

Uwk
    Juraiya likes this.
  15. Springelf Active Member

Figured I would add my 2 cents here. I have a brand new gaming lap top. Just installed the game. Getting live\eq2\framwork\core\devices\directx9 renderdevice.cpp error. I have Windows 10 and no clue how to address this issue. Does anyone know of an issue with Windows 10 and the game?
  16. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

It works fine with Win10 for the most part. Of course some people will run into driver/video card/etc issues. You may need to download Directx 9 though.
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

Extract this ZIP file into your EverQuest II directory:
    http://eq2wire.com/files/dx9eq2.zip
  18. Amy Yuka Member

I got this message: EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.
    <verify> G:\live\eq2\framework\render\VeShader.cpp (9905):m_shaderParams.m_pPixelShader
    01c8c1fb01981e0
  19. Amy Yuka Member

I can't even log in at all. It shows every time
  20. dngrmse Active Member

The one thing that has worked for me......start another game, almost any game, and let it initialize your graphics card. I use Landmark, clicking play to get to char select screen, then I start EQ2, and it loads just fine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.