Everquest 2 has detected an unrecoverable error and must shut down.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Tyler, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naychan Member

Me and at least 7 of my guild mates get this constantly. Seems to get it on zone then screen goes black and error pops up. I don't have a G:\ drive, neither do my guild mates. Issue started right after the new expansion went live. After the first time it happened it would not let me in game but the launcher started I ran a full assets verify and found nothing missing but the game would not start. Restored from a backup and it started fine. First time I did a restore I put back everything the 2nd timer I only restored the eq2 folder and none of the sub folders which seemed to work.

I'm working on some of my crafters ATM so I'm loading and unloading my toons constantly. Crashed over 20 times on 12/1/2012. Dxdiag says my setup is running w/o problems.

Please fix !!!!!!!
  2. Natsume Member

I get this whenever I try to enter the Legends of Norrath...
  3. Naychan Member

Ok removed dx9 with a 3rd party uninstall program, reinstalled, put said files into the main eq2 folder logged in zoned 3 times and still get the error. So im thinking this is not the answer.

As for the error I cannot even find that path on my system starting after the G:\ because i dont have a g drive. Dont hve veshader.cpp on my system either and yes I have done a full file scan and its still not there. I have also done a full install to anotehr computer just to check and its not there either.

[/quote]
    <verify> G:\live\eq2\framework\render\Veshader.ccp\ (9871):m_shaderParams.m_pPixelShader 00ab3ae900abeecb
    [/quote]

Here is the alertlog.txt in the eq2 folder.

build="SOEBuild=9435L" version="SOEVersionString=2012/11/29 16:06:41" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="GameScene::ZR_NETWORKED_ZONE_CHANGE" loc="-124.78 59.82 -890.21" performance="4" alert="G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\GameScene.cpp(12537): UPDATE OUT OF BOUNDS for MT_UPDATE_MATCH_LIST msg = 104, local = 0"
    build="SOEBuild=9435L" version="SOEVersionString=2012/11/29 16:06:41" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="GameScene::ZR_NETWORKED_ZONE_CHANGE" loc="-124.78 59.82 -890.21" performance="4" alert="G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\GameScene.cpp(12566): UPDATE OUT OF BOUNDS for MT_UPDATE_MATCH_LIST msg = 9, local = 0"
    build="SOEBuild=9435L" version="SOEVersionString=2012/11/29 16:06:41" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="commonlands" loc="-1066.76 -45.76 -236.97" performance="4" alert="g:\live\eq2\game\client\inc\Vivox.inl(5002): Vivox connection failed: 1073 Failed to send request to voice service. (server: https://www.e2p.vivox.com/api2)"
  4. Naychan Member

Could sombody from sony please at least let us know if this is being looked into? Dont want to sound like a nag but doing my daily crafting quests is really the suck at the moment due to the constant crshing.
  5. Jodias New Member

I am getting the same detected a unrecoverable error and must shut down BUT mine says Live/eq2/game/client/src/clientapp.cpp(3858): Failed to open Streaming Asset Database. Openresult= 5 0036c044
  6. Morg Well-Known Member

This problem first appeared Way back when the game was new, was fixed for awhile, then reappeared for tons of people with Freeport Revamp, AoD release, Qeynos Revamp and Now with CoE. And it has never been fixed. They have a memory leak and refuse to fix it or look into it. There have been tons of threads on the old forums addressing the issue.

If you can get into game and play windowed mode, minimize the window to your task bar every now and then, seems to cut down on the number of crashes you receive.

I can't do /camp <name> as it will crash my game. I have to go the long route.

Just 2 of the things I do because of their programming.
    Nightshade likes this.
  7. Naychan Member

Well for Giggles I sent in a support Ticket with all the required info will post if they can send me a answer.
  8. Ambi Member

A last ditch effort, for any who are using outdated UI's and mods such as Fetish, the xpac broke a lot of config files for them. This was the case for me; I had an old version of Fetish and was the source of my crashing. Try taking any custom UI files out and loading EQ2. Good luck.
  9. Blade4Action New Member

Today i started this game for the first time and following 2 errors popped every time i tried to run the game:-

Error 1:
    EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shut down.
    <verify> G:\live\eq2\game\Client\NSC2.cpp (1548): m_pGameWorld && m-pGameWorld->valid() 0194f0de02186ca4

Error 2:
    EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shut down.

<verify> G:\live\eq2\framework\render\DDSTexture.cpp (235): !"Unknown DDStexture flags" 01b168ed

Help!!!
  10. ITPalg Member

I sometimes get this when I have Xsplit and / or Dxtory loaded and close one and or the other, possibly without unhooking them (Dxtory changing to default or Xsplit unchecking the source/game?).

Other times I don't think either were running.

Why it would be giving that G line is a mystery when we don't have that drive path.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

From what I understand, the G: thing has nothing to do with a drive path; it's just a placeholder/pointer? :-/

It's been mentioned before in the Support threads; brief pause whilst I find it...

Uwk
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

13. Aearius New Member

Everyquest II has Detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify> G:\live\eg\game\client\src\ClientApp.cpp (3811):
    No game assets found. Please launch the game from the patcher.
    00e6f3d8

I cannot even log into the game, when i first downloaded eq2 i didn't have any problems and i was able to play right away. I was told that the game downloads while you play. ok cool, well after a bit i started getting an error message and it crashed i just left it alone thinking sony would patch that, after a while it wouldn't let me play unless i updated all of the files, so i let it update and i played right after the update and then it crashed, so i quit for the night. Now there seems to be a problem initializing the game and i can't play at all. seems the problems got worse as it updated more. Come on sony, this is ridiculous thank goodness i don't have a paying account otherwise i would be uber pissed!
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Pity those of us who do have a paid account; got booted from Splitpaw tonight while zoning from So. Freeport back into a prestige home of mine, back to the character select screen. Figured all right, fine, but then noticed the server was LOCKED down and I only had 4 characters showing out of the 9 that are on there. At first I figured it was the London-time biweekly (what the flagnark? since when?) maintenance thing, but after doing the time zone math in my head and double-checking, it's only like almost 7 am there, on THURSDAY, and they're not scheduled until Friday morning, their time. :-(

Gonna try again; if not successful, I'll hit another bunch of my alts and try to get something done there. |-/

Wish me luck!

Uwk
  15. Aearius New Member

i just fixed my problem. I went the eq2 folder and ran the uninstall.exe. it uninstalled some but not all of the files. then i reinstalled eq2 and the pacther downloaded the original 128mg of data it need than i played the game and it worked. My error was fixed by doing this. My charectars were saved but it has to download all else. I am guessing that if eq2 does indeed download while playing then the game crashing could have corrupted the files and caused more errors. it works fine now
  16. ITPalg Member

The launcher has an option to stream your download. You can change it to download everything otherwise you have to wait every time you zone to a new place you haven't been to before.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I got a new Fatal Error (I seem to be collecting them! Strangely, it's not an honor...) on Test tonight, trying to zone from the beach at Sinking Sands up to Maj'Dul via the flying carpet guy:

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown. [come on, guys, "shut down" is 2 words... --Uwk]

<verify> G:\test\eq2\game\Client\src\ClientNet.cpp (425):
    m_pCon->Send( kbReliable ? UdpLibrary::cUdpChannelReliable1 : UpdLibrary::cUdpChannelUnreliable, ( void *)ms.getBuffer(), u_bytes )
    00487fe4

Looks similar to one I had earlier, but it's not the same. :-/

Uwk
  18. Cybele New Member

I did a full download of the game, opened it as administrator, launcher just fine, than a small window in the front with a green bar, the screen pops up - stays black (sometimes just with the soundtrack) and bam: DirectX9 error. Drivers and plug ins all updated, Dell XPS 15 notebook, Nvidia GeForce GT 540M. I tried again and again with different settings, different servers (en-US, en-EU, germ-EU) So what now?
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

You need these four files in your EQ2 folder. For whatever reason, sometimes they don't get copied and you crash with a DirectX error on launch:
    • D3DCompiler_43.dll
    • d3dx9_31.dll
    • d3dx9_35.dll
    • D3DX9_43.dll
    Hopefully some day SOE fixes it so the game looks in your Windows folder for these files.
  20. Escaithia New Member

My EQ2 folder was missing D3DCompiler_43.dll and D3DX9_43.dll, but after copying the files into the folder, it still doesnt work :(

I just clicked the uninstall button on the launcher, I am now downloading all 15,242 MB all over again, hoping it will work this time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.