Everquest 2 has detected an unrecoverable error and must shut down.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Tyler, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

To be fair, there's often more than one contributing factor; on the other hand, all the more reason to try to nail down the particulars, so some things can at least be eliminated from the potential solution. ;->

For instance, the grand majority of my recent WinXP issues were Memory ones, particularly in zones like Qeynos (where I couldn't stay longer than 5 literal minutes without being booted) and houses/Guild Halls with more than 500 "entities." Unfortunately, upgrading anything in our computer was, at the time, virtually impossible due to the existing motherboard limitations, but it was the same box that had handled the game for years before without much of a squawk... Another issue is when the error message itself can be maddeningly vague; an "unrecoverable error" tells us little to nothing. :-/

Uwk
    who mutters to this day about CoE; at least now Da Box could probably handle it
  2. Veteranmyth Member

came back to eq2 but this error is insane and i see was never solved :( tried everything with no luck at all. gonna leave qeynos and see if same thing happens in New Halas. as everytime i walk through qeynos and some times in qeynos crafting area i crash with same error :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. ITPalg Member

I haven't seen it in a while.
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Happened twice today for me. Had been a while since today though.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What sort of system are you running? Even nowadays with my "new" Win7, I'll get booted with an even more mysterious error message; seems Microsquish is even more reluctant these days to tell us anything, so I'm not sure if it's still Memory Issues or not. I will say that there's no real evidence or warning like back in the old days, when the lag would creep up and up and up, and FPS go down and down and down, until the fatal Memory Issues error would pop up and >BAM!< "Back to Desktop for you, o unworthy paying customer with a box that doesn't keep up with our visions!" :-/

I will say that I still get the best FPS nowadays in any zone but Qeynos and Freeport (double-digits there, which is still better than my single digits, but triple digits anywhere else, like New Halas), especially when the stupid rain starts up (I don't care if the overcast stays, but I'd love a "shut the damn rain off" button/slider/option/whatever in Options)... >:-/

Uwk
  6. santargria Well-Known Member

Happened to me 3 times yesterday - twice while standing around in Qeynos and once trying to run 2 instances of the game on my laptop

The laptop I can understand - probably ran out of memory, but just standing around that's a head scratcher ;(
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I ran into that, too, in my old system; for all I know, it might've been something cumulative, that just piles up even if you're just standing there. Actually trying to do something, or standing there in the rain (even in your own house...that was always fun), would make it worse, generally. :-/

Uwk
  8. Gilshar New Member

This is now happening to me EVERY TIME I call back to my guild hall. I am running an 8 core AMD 4.0, 16 gig ram, with an R9 290x card. So I have plenty of horse power but it's getting stupid now every time I call back it crashes and I have to log into my old system and move my Toon so my gaming rig will allow me to log on without crashing again. This stated about a month ago and has gotten progressively worse, as I said its EVERY TIME now. Anyone else getting this?
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not that this has anything to do with your error (I think), but Stealthmode has been able to retrieve something called:

alertlog.txt

and got a lot of useful information as to his issue on logging in (wasn't just the usual "login server #1" nonsense, but serious crashing; here's that thread if you're interested). Do you know how to do that (and if you do, let me know!) and get whatever info you might need for when it happens again? The techs need folks to get as specific as we can about our issues, but it's maddening when Microsoft won't cooperate and just SAY WHAT'S GOING ON. I know the feeling, believe me. With WinXP, at least you'd get more of a clue, right there at the error announcement stage. :-/

Do you think it could be a memory issue? That's what used to happen to me when I'd try to get into a guild hall with a lot of stuff in the entry lobby, or even my old house, where I had the temerity to have over 700 items with an expander. Ooh. Nowadays, that could be over 1400 with Building Blocks; this issue needs to be addressed. :-/

Uwk
    who'd dearly love to know as well, since mysterious errors keep on a-bootin' on occasion :-/
  10. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Hmm.. I'd have sworn I posted this error before, but here is a screenshot.
    [IMG]
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And it usually works without a hiccup (wonder if it's 9.0c related)? I got one the other day, but perhaps it wasn't an unrecoverable error (though it did boot me to desktop):

<verify> G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\GameScene.cpp (5552):
    Failed to create zone. Suggestion: Please do a full scan from the
    patcher.
    0124c356

Uwk
  12. Cyrelius New Member

I receive the same error frequently when entering or moving around in the Isle of Refuge Prestige house. I don't get it anywhere else.

System Setup:

i7 2700k
    GTX 580
    16GB RAM
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Crudarolies; I just got 3 of those... :-/

Uwk
    who has 3 servers worth of very old characters... ;->
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

That usually means a graphics driver problem.
  15. Cyrelius New Member

Has been a while since I updated the Nvidia drivers so I went ahead and took care of that. I'll see if that resolves the issue.
  16. Cyrelius New Member

I wanted to follow up on this since it's been a few days.

Although I updated the drivers the issue is still occurring. It's an annoyance but not a game/dealbreaker.

If it keeps up I'll just reinstall Windows at some point. I'm about 2 years past my yearly reinstall.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeeks! It shouldn't need to come to that (thought the "DirectX 9.0c only" issue had been dealt with?)... :-/

Win7?

Uwk
  18. Rarrum Active Member

I actually got similar (same box, different source code line) today when I tried to log in at first. I'd got to character select fine.. but upon picking a character and it loading, that would happen. May or may not be coincidence, but I just updated to the latest nvidia driver on a gtx 680. Tried running the full scan, nothing.. same problem.

Oddly enough... I tried picking and alt who was logged out in some obscure old zone.. and they got in fine. Then from there I was able to camp back in my main who was in Phantom Sea.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! So, brand new driver (could still be an old 9.0c problem?) and brand new zone causing issues? :-/

Uwk
    who hasn't had recurring, frequent problems yet with flat-out Errors along those lines (though trying to /camp to another character can get me booted to Character Select right after the target character comes in), but then again, I don't have the latest expansion, either :-/
  20. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I updated the driver, verified EQ2 files, tried to DL directx 9, but it said I already had it, it was up to date... so frustrating. :\
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.