Everquest 2 has detected an unrecoverable error and must shut down.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Tyler, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, dang it, that does sound like a graphics issue. Does it have to be an MMO, or just something with a lot of graphics card poking (as in, "Hey! Wake up, you!")?

Uwk
    who doesn't have much in the way of MMOs besides this one any more... :-/
  2. Ipocrita Active Member

Just started getting this on my laptop. Have done the file validate, checked graphics up-to-date, checked drivers up-to-date and reinstalled directx9. Having read through the entire thread, I don't think I missed anything?
    (I can't start another game btw, I only have EQ2 installed).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, foozles... :(

I'd suggest submitting a petition on the website:

https://help.daybreakgames.com/app/ask/

In-game, the command is /petition, but if you can't get into the game... :-/

FYI, many brands of laptop stink at this game. I found that out the hard way, after I had purchased a really expensive, formerly top-of-the-line gaming brand (*cough* Alienware, after it was bought up by Dell *cough*), expressly for the purpose of playing this game... :-/

If you have a desktop, I'd recommend installing it there, too, and seeing if it plays there. If not, I think the only option might be to ask the techs on the help website. :-/

Good luck!

Uwk
    Ipocrita likes this.
  4. Ipocrita Active Member

Thanks Ukwete, that was my next step - just wanted to make sure I wasn't asking them something that could be fixed easily.
    Strange thing is my laptop has been working just fine with EQ2 for a year or so now, and the desktop has no problems at all.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

A lot of issues generally stem from one or more updates, where they try to fix things and either make it worse, or create new problems. :-/

The tricky part is convincing the Powers, at times...do you remember what the date was that everything started going foobar? :-/

Uwk
  6. Thand Well-Known Member

By default at least one 32 bit not sure about 64 most apps only get 2 gig of memory space which is not enough in some area like houses or guild halls . You need to set you computer of large address aware. For vista and probably 7 the command is" bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072" without the quotes, which raises the address space to 3 gigs per application which in my case let me run eq2 after i reinstalled vista. and i got no more direct x out of memory areas.
  7. Awkk Well-Known Member

That's pretty good! Is there a way to set EQ2 as Large Address Aware in later versions of Windows?
  8. Ryuken Active Member

Was zoning from Tenebrous Tangle to Qeynos and got this.

What to do, uninstall and re-install?

[IMG]
  9. beagley Well-Known Member

Holy Necro Batman!

No sit tight - looks like another server issue.
  10. Crilly New Member

Seems like these little server hicks up, have been going on lots more than usual.
  11. Livx Member

having error here :(
  12. RadarX Community Manager

We're going to go ahead and close this. If you are experiencing a new error, please create a new thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.