Everfrost Endeavors

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Feara, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Zaes Guide

I's has exciting news! I was outs on an adventure lookings for cheeses, when I's sees the famous Oyen Loresinger! He told me's a sad story abouts an old lamp that all the famous Loresinger's before him's had penned their famous limericks under! The sad old Loresinger informed me's that the lamp has been lost after generations of use.

He's looking for some adventurers to help him gather materials to make a new one! He'll be in the Commonlands at the Crossroads at 12PM Pacific Time, tomorrow November 16th.
  2. Zaes Guide

Due to gnomish mischief with clocks, Oyen will be out today, November 15th at 4PM PST.
  3. Irish Active Member

Do you know when you will be doing the nebulous newsie's guide quest?
  4. Elyshka Senior Guide

Well, now... I don't know whether you met our "new" friends the last two days, but I heard that there are quite a few folks who are concerned with lost souls as of late. In fact, if you were to be listening around the following times over the next few days, you just might find yourself recruited to help out!
    • Thursday, November 20th around 4 pm PST
    • Friday, November 21st around 6 pm PST
    • Saturday, November 22nd around Noon and 5 pm PST
    A word of warning to the young adventurers, though -- this task will take you to some very dangerous locales, ones which may not be safe for any but the most hardy of heroes. Fear not, however, since this is one of those special times where you'll receive a note which can be saved until such time as you're ready to set out and face down the terrible foes you may encounter.

Oh, and I should mention that such a trial is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so if you've met one of our "new" friends, you may instead wish to send along a relative who could benefit from a new adventure!
    Virgatus likes this.
  5. Elyshka Senior Guide

In other news -

In addition to the curious happenings noted in my previous post, I've received word that there will be even more excitement this weekend. Keep your eyes peeled for the following:
    • Friday, November 21st around 1 pm PST - Wails of anguish have been reported in New Halas. I wonder what could be causing such a commotion?
    • Sunday, November 23rd around 1 pm PST - There be dragons with tales (tails?) in the Commonlands!
  6. Elyshka Senior Guide

This just in!

Boy, it's been a flurry of activity today, hasn't it? I just ran into the most interesting person who is researching those odd fungoid creatures in the Frostfang Sea. They'll be seeking assistants to aid in their studies this evening, November 20th, at 7 pm PST.
  7. Tynker New Member

Did I miss where it says the location of this happening? o_O
  8. Grundge Active Member

Um guides, what is going on? I logged on Everfrost a bit earlier then 4pm and found out there was an event going on in WL. When I got there, I received the quest but I guess it ended because I could not find one item. The clues in the book didnt seem too helpful..or I dont know I just couldnt figure it out. o_O

Now it's past 4pm and no messages about the guide event listed above. Kind of frustrating. You guys need to get better organized.
  9. Elyshka Senior Guide

No, you did not miss the location, however because the places where the veil thins between the world of the living and the dead can sometimes shift without notice, I would recommend keeping your ears attuned to the communication channels within the game for announcements. Rest assured that such an important mission will be announced rather boldly!
  10. Elyshka Senior Guide

Our gnomish friend lurking in the Withered Lands would not leave you empty handed! Rest assured that you can continue to work on his task at your own pace. His tinkering skills are unsurpassed, as he might have mentioned, and has very clever ways to reward you once you've completed his request.

As for the 4 pm mission, it was promptly announced in that special High Level communications channel (as befitting such a treacherous mission) and received an extraordinary amount of volunteers! If you missed it, rest assured that you will be able to lend your aid again during the other times mentioned earlier in this thread.
  11. Grundge Active Member

My apologies then. I turn off High Level chat because I found that many people advertising in that channel...LFG or whatever, seem to send their messages to both general and High Level at the same time. I got sick of seeing the same message twice so I just leave general on with High Level off.

Thank you for that. I will definitely give it a try again later tomorrow then. And I will check out the other event tomorrow as well.
  12. Elyshka Senior Guide

Due to a malfunction with my gnomish timekeeping device, it appears that I miscalculated the time for this event. For those who wish to investigate the strange cries in New Halas today, please note that the correct time is NOON PST. My sincerest apologies for the mix up!
  13. Tynker New Member

I want to say a big THANK YOU! for getting this quest out there for all of us to enjoy.. and especially for letting us know when to look for these... "new friends". I know from what I saw you poor guides were just swamped! I honestly felt sorry for you being so buried in players, not everyone was being considerate, but I know you are used to that too! Many waited patiently off to the side and made groups just to make it somewhat less stressful, and moved off after having it shared.
    I just wanted to say that many of us, including myself really appreciate your willing to be stepped on, poked, spindled and mutilated at times just to bring us a bit more fun in this world that we call home!
    Thank you!
    /bow
    Virgatus and Elyshka like this.
  14. Elyshka Senior Guide

Aww, shucks! What's a little trampling amongst friends, right? ;)

Besides, if it wasn't for the players, we'd be out of a job! We love spending time with everyone (even if we don't get a chance to say as much as we'd like when it's super busy, like these past few events) and we sincerely hope that we can bring a smile, a laugh, or a cookie to brighten everyone's day!

Speaking of things which are bright... You know, Frostfell is just around the corner! If I were you, I'd place a big, shiny gold star on Friday, December 12th. More details to come soon! *bounces happily, munching on a bit of fruitcake, then wanders off again*
  15. Naudi Active Member

Dang! I missed the Withered Lands event. :(
  16. Virgatus Member

I event was a lot of fun!
    Elyshka likes this.
  17. Elyshka Senior Guide

Feeling hungry?

I was speaking to my cousin, Nitherlee, and he told me that he's got an extra special dish planned for our Feasting Day meal... he was just hunting for that last, elusive secret ingredient! He asked me to relay a message for him:

Wanted - Adventurers skilled at hunting up treasures. Interested parties should meet with Nitherlee at the Nursery in the Greater Faydark on Tuesday, November 25th at 12:30 pm PST.

Sounds exciting to me! I can't wait to see what he's cooking up!
    Kraeref likes this.
  18. Xille Member

Any chance the Nebulous Newsies will be making a return? Only had the chance to get one character through it while it was available (darned work schedules). Anyway, I'm hoping it'll return, although I realize the upcoming holidays may delay that. :)
  19. Elyshka Senior Guide

I'm certain that you'll be seeing them again soon. As to when? Well, the whys and wherefores of the spirit world are far beyond my ken, but I'll be sure to pass along any rumors as soon as I hear them!
  20. Elyshka Senior Guide

Like a good neighbor, stay over there!

The villagers of New Halas have been gossiping around the fire about an apparent row that is now keeping everyone up late with all the commotion. Do good fences make good neighbors or will the glad tidings ushered in by the coming season of peace and togetherness bring the squabbling to an end? Come lend your voice to the argument on Sunday, November 30th at Noon PST.