EQ2/ProSiebenSat.1 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dexella, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lempo Well-Known Member

I don't think of tinkerfest as an American event.

I get your point though why restrict them.

I think that in one of the 3 or 4 or however many threads that erupted over this whole ordeal was that ProSieben would be able to put in items that went with region specific holidays.

Restricting them though is a bad idea, I'm not much for the in game events but to exclude people from them because of where they live is a terribad idea, not only could that be where they were originally from but they might just want to learn more about that culture.

It all remains to be seen, I personally think this whole thing is gonna go up like a lead balloon... we shall see.
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

As all the people on this thread have SOE accounts, this change makes no difference unless you are in Europe and want to make a new account. Then you have to make a PSSG account.

EVERYTHING IS STAYING THE SAME FOR EXISTING SOE ACCOUNT HOLDERS.
  3. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Indeed, except for the PSS1 tweens piling onto the servers as F2P accounts to troll and make 1-9 chat even worse.....
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  4. Mixxit Active Member

i hear ya but also i think population is a good thing - advertising isn't really sony's strong suit and its needed badly - there's a guy over on the pss1 forums who is like 'Oh wow I just heard about this game the world is amazing and so beautiful!' and i'm like 'dude it's eq!! how have you not heard of this!' but i guess the younger generations weren't around to see eq1 in it's hayday as the biggest mmo and most non-mmo players have only really heard of WoW

Aside from getting the word out there - with the population it's kinda hard because you get those nice tight friendly communities when its small but not enough people to do everything you want to do when you want to do it - but when its too big you get a lot of trouble from the trolls and overuse of public zones - so there's no real good place to be - just take some joy in the fact that bronze can't talk in 1-9 i guess
  5. clausc New Member

This is sad news. One of the reasons I started playing EQ2 in the first place is SOE All Access. (Our family plays SW:CWA and FR.) While I understand that nothing changes right now, I assume this means EQNext won't be included in my All Access when it launches and I'll have to pay for a separate membership with ProSiebenSat1Games at that time, while US players will have the advantage of paying once for all of EQ, EQ2 and EQN.

SOE All Access is already more expensive in Europe than the rest of the world. If you have any respect for your current player base may I suggest to give us (existing European players) the same access that US players enjoy (yes, that means including PS2 and DCUO) and honor your deal with ProSiebenSat1Games by sending them all the new registrations for *all* your games instead?

// Claus
  6. guard Active Member

I am live in hope that when eq next comes out I will still be able to stay with soe as there is no way I will go with prosieben
  7. Nynaeve Active Member

if you never registered at pss1 and have an old soe account, even though you're european, ps2 and dcuo is included in your all access at soe.
    but ps2 is really more built as a f2p game, you dont need a sub here really. better unlock some gear with SC and use the ingame currency on ability unlocks.
  8. clausc New Member

My account is ~2 years old and those are not included. I've only had All Access for some months though.

// Claus
  9. Morg Well-Known Member

No they aren't included, and people have had to petition it to TRY to get it changed. Not sure anyone had any success on that point however.

I still can't believe you all are going through with this considering the great damage it has done to the games you run, and the Corporate Identity. I see that just like when DCUO first migrated people were getting help from "professionals" then nothing for quite awhile it looks like except other players, Now the "professionals" are back on their forums - just in time for another migration of "probably" non- existent accounts.

Did they ever change their EULA to where they wouldn't wipe your account after so many months of not logging in? Or was that all talk?
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

So, could we get an update on who will get petitions from localised players?
    And I guess the authenticator is still not available for P7S1 accounts?

I couldn't find an EQ2 website on Prosieben games, so couldn't check the terms, but on DCUO the following points, raised in the previous topic back on all boards, are still included in the terms:
    • IV.4 only 1 account per email (at least it's not forbidden to use multiple emails anymore)
      Every Account is linked to an individual email address. There is no limitation on the number of Accounts, i.e. you may set up an unlimited number of Accounts, whereas an independent email address must be used for each Account.
    • IV 7 there's still a weird clause saying that you agree that what you add on the website can be accessed by other users of the website.
      Upon registration you grant your consent that the content that you add to the Website can be made accessible to other users of the Website.
    • V 7 they still mention the possibility of items bought from cash shop that can expire
      The Items and/or Features acquired by using SC are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for SC. Items and/or Features that can be used in the online game may be subject to time limits and will expire once the time has elapsed. The corresponding time limits are clearly indicated during purchase.
    • There is still a remote access clause in the privacy policy (1-2)
      In case you request any technical support, you will first have to consent to our remote accessing and review of the computer you load the software onto for purposes of support and debugging solely.

I couldn't find on the french nor english part a mention of deleting the account but it's weird as they say they can beak the contract with a 7 day notice. it only speaks of the subscription and not of the account itself nor F2P model. It was in part XIV but it was totally reworded.
  11. Seffrid Active Member

It would seem that the main change from when this sorry mess was last being discussed is that instead of existing SOE players having the option to stay with SOE they will do so automatically, in fact that will be their only option. Most will see that as a positive change, albeit in a deal without merit that should have been buried a year ago.

But what about the future of Vanguard and EQ? There's no mention of those in the announcement. Are they now outside the ProSieben deal or are they still being transitioned as well? If they are, then do the same FAQ details apply?

Lastly, what about EQNext? For most EU players a commitment now to allow existing SOE customers to take part in the beta and play the game on launch through their existing SOE accounts would remove a lot of the unease about this situation. That is really the only critical outstanding point in the whole deal, we accept we aren't going to be able to play DCUO or PS2 through SOE and that is unlikely to be a problem by now for most of us, but the future ability to play EQNext through SOE really is of huge importance especially for those (including me) whose EQ ties date back to beta in 1998. I would hope that the approach to be adopted in relation to EQNext could be clearly resolved and announced now, no matter if the game is still some way off.
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  12. Sambril Well-Known Member

Well I can see their forums through this link from earlier in the thread
    http://de.alaplaya.net/forum/everquest-2-forums-en--f3065/

though apparently that is just a temporary location while they prepare the forums for an official launch
    I cannot access through the official portal without making an account (which I will not do)
    http://everquest2.co.uk/forum

Their Terms and Conditions are here: http://everquest2.co.uk/terms

There is also a French portal http://everquest2.fr/ and a German one http://everquest2.de/
  13. Caethre Active Member

(( I don't come to the forums for a few days, and come in this evening to see we had two whole days notice of the transfer to Pro7, and it's already done by the time I read it. Wow at the lack of notice.... ))

(( Really Dexella? It won't impact me at all? So as an existing player, I will not be restricted in my options because I live in the UK?

Ok, I will ask you again the question I already asked on the old thread, months ago, with no answer ever given to me.

I am European. I am with SOE. I wish to remain only with SOE. I do not want to create any Pro7 accounts or move to Pro7 at all for any reason. I have two accounts with SOE, both I have had for many, many years, having played EQ1 and EQII and Vanguard in total since the year 2000.

One of my accounts is currently an all-access station pass, the other is not. If I want to convert the other to station all-access, can I do so? ))
  14. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Um...what took you so long to find THAT email?
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Canadians get excluded too. I asked about Station Cash cards at Walmart and got lots of blank looks...they had Playstation cards but not Station Cash.
  16. knightritalin Active Member

Im in Europe and prefer to play on the USA realms because of the playerbase but was unable to Purchase Station Cash on my
    USA account as it was giving me an error when I tried to buy them, it said I must buy them from the EU site (account).
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I've never tried to buy SC online, so not sure how that works. I was looking at buying cards back when they had triple SC days and 500 bonus for Walmart cards, and you could pay for subscriptions and expansions with SC. No luck. Credit Card was the only card available to me.
    knightritalin likes this.
  18. Seffrid Active Member

Will ProSieben have their own new servers on which they provide full GM support and localised events, leaving Splitpaw and the other European servers as they are under SOE's total management, or will Splitpaw and the other existing European servers be taken over by ProSieben (or their data copied over to servers managed by ProSieben)?

I know that all players will be able to access all servers, regardless of which company they play through, but which company will actually provide the practical support and events now for the existing European servers eg Splitpaw?

This is important because the FAQ statement that existing SOE customers will be unaffected by the change won't be true if the day-to-day running of their existing server is taken over by ProSieben.
  19. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

There are likely to be some hiccups due to the change-over. (I honestly wish that had never happened) Check your payment method and make sure it hasn't accidentally be dorfed up so that you have to pay prosieben or something stupid. Easier to get things fixed while still a paying player than when payment goes for a .......
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thanks Sambril, I had found the forums but couldn't find the actual website anywhere and just went with my old DCUO list :)

Nothing changed except the remote access clause in the privacy policy which changed to the appropriate version:
    In case you request any technical support, we would like to notify you that our Game Master Support will gain access to your account on the technical platforms and servers of the game in order to take the necessary steps for purposes of your support and debugging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.