EQ2/ProSiebenSat.1 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dexella, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oldtimer Active Member

lol that people are more worried about SC/SC than about hackers ingame, personal information leaks and language barriers.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  2. Adamant New Member

Why does my german SOE client tell me at launch that I cannot connect to the server because "you have the wrong client version for that server" ?

Server down is ok. But why "wrong client version" ?
  3. Kilar Active Member

All I know is that Maintainance/Updates will last for about 4hrs. They should be ready at about 4pm GMT. I am from UK with an SOE account. I really do hope they don't mess this changeover up, it could be the last straw for me.

I just started my client to see if I got the same message. There was a brief DownLoad and I went straight to the character select screen np. Servers are locked though.
  4. Kilar Active Member

I am not worried about Pro7 or anything to do with them as my account is with SOE. The question about SC is a valid one as I live in the UK and other Europeans who will be keeping thier accounts with SOE may want to know the answer to the question I posed earlier as well.
  5. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Why to worrie about something, that no one can change themselfs?
    Even i would think about it, it would not change a bit in the line. (Well we all know, there is no system in the world ((Beside of offline)) that is save ^^)
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Because SC/SC may effect me.
    Pro7's lack of security has 0 impact on me at all.
    Wirewhisker and Pipsissiwa like this.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

Incorrect. This deal applies to NEW accounts.
    The list of countries affected has been provided.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

Ok folks seriously. We got most of the changes we wanted with the ProSiebenSat.1 deal since the first time it was announced (with the exception of scuttling it altogether).

This is the only FAQ that anyone with an EXISTING SOE Account in Europe needs to read:

I am a European player with an existing SOE account. How will this shift impact my account?
    It won’t. You will continue to play with your existing SOE account.

This means you keep your characters, you keep your account, and you keep your StationCash. Although as you can expect, it will become impossible to buy more StationCash cards in Europe as only Alaplaya SevenCards will be offered. You'll have to buy online or from a friend in the US. I imagine someone will set up an SC brokering website.
    Tariya, Buggabug, Lempo and 1 other person like this.
  9. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

You can buy SOE cards in almost any online shop. Digital delivery.
  10. LeSourdre New Member

as far i understand the faq yet, seven cash cards CANNOT be used by a SOE account as its not their currency. on other hand stationcash cannot be used on a Prosieben account.

there will be no transfer of currency between a soe and prosieben account.

Whom manage the eq2 account (soe or prosieben) means what is the only virtual currency to use with it (station cash or seven cash)
  11. Ridolain Active Member

I can open the link (I'm from US) but ti's a dang ghost town on those boards. Ugh.
  12. Backstabbber Member

I was on my SK and tried to get city writs (after update) and now I can not get evil city writs. I dont know about the good side. The NPC says I am ordered to do quest for the city to pick and I can only say I cant now. So no writs
  13. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Because they are a new forum that has not officially launched yet (when I checked).
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

They were setup 2 days ago and the official launch day is today.
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Question: A French player playing on Storms, from France, with a SoE account, is locked in an instance and types /petition. Will the petition be sent to SoE or Prosieben?
    Side Question: Will the localisation team and GM team be taken over by Prosieben for German/French players as "it's EU languages"?

Note: Congratulation for your great announcement made the day before the transition and without sending a mail to your customers. I love notices like that... Really...

Sorry Feldon, but it's not true. The only thing EU players got was the ability to stay with SoE. It was a major change for all veterans sure, but it didn't change a thing to all the new players that will have the joy (?) of signing up with P7S1.

(on the "boards" topic, DCUO boards are nearly as dead and they didn't launch 2 days ago)
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  16. Oldtimer Active Member

What are the pros and cons of being with pro7 over SOE as a UK player in terms of CS, RMT etc? Will we now finally be able to celebrate euro/UK holidays, and have regional x 2 exp and SC events, or if we decided to stay with SOE as some are 5 - 10 year vets, will we be stuck with SOE/US events?
  17. Lempo Well-Known Member

Yes they will have (or so they say) regional celebrations, etc.
    Hard to say.

I know it is pretty hard to find anyone anywhere with anything GOOD to say about ProSieben, outside of SOE I have yet to see anyone say positive things about them, I can't really recall even any NEUTRAL based commentary.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

Since we're all going to be playing on the same servers with the same patches and the same content, I'm not sure there could be different in game events for people connecting via different launchers.
  19. Lempo Well-Known Member

Sure there could be, there are objects and actors in the game that are not visible unless you are on a specific quest, which is no more than a flag set on the character. I see no reason this couldn't be implemented
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Point.. but the question would be why not to let ALL characters see all such 'seasonal events' rather then restricting them... unless I'm wrong, our Euro friends would likely get grumpy if they suddenly couldn't see Tinkerfest and other 'American' events just because they logged in through ProSat. It would seem just as questionable to me to lock others out of 'Euro' events.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.