EQ2/ProSiebenSat.1 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dexella, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Estal Well-Known Member

2. Landria New Member

Thank you to SOE for confirming that this is a glitch, that it was not the intention to prevent EU/UK players from adding cards. They are working on a fix, if it's not already done; mine and others' thanks to the team for the action to correct this.
  3. Dexella Associate Producer

Update: we do have a fix in process for the credit card issue. We don't have a firm ETA yet, but it may be updated as early as this evening. We'll do our best to keep you posted. :)

Thanks,
    Dexella
  4. Dexella Associate Producer

The CC issue should now be fixed.
  5. Kinya Active Member

Yes, it is working. Thank you :)
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

So, now that it's fixed, could you bother to answer the question of who will be in charge of French and German petitions?
  7. Orinoko356 Member

Thank you Dexella for the prompt update. And THANK YOU SoE for fixing this fast and not leaving us Euro's in limbo. Nice to know you are honouring your promise of letting us keep our SoE accounts in tact. :)
    Tariya and Pipsissiwa like this.
  8. Dexella Associate Producer

It depends on who your account is with -- if your an SOE customer, you will contact SOE Customer Support. If you're a ProSieben customer, it will go through ProSieben.
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

So you keep your french and german-speaking GMs? That's good news.
    Oldtimer likes this.
  10. guard Active Member

so I guess the prosiebien deal is when eqnext comes out they will get all eu players. personally carnt see any company thinking they are going to make good money out of eq2
  11. Pariel Active Member

Bottom line here - I live in the EU and have an SOE account for Planetside2, EQ, EQ2 etc.

Will I be able to play EQNext on my existing SOE account?

If not - put simply, I wont be playing EQNext. My stance on the shower of shite that is PSS hasn't changed.
  12. bedford New Member

Are ProSieben accounts/clients afflicted by the same 2GB hotfixes that European players with SOE accounts have had to suffer for the last year or so?
    Oldtimer likes this.
  13. Alade New Member

That bug is not connected to accounts, it's the client. When the client starts to download the 2BG patch, just go into the settings, switch to the US client, and it will just patch what needs to be patched. Then switch back to EU client and you will be able to play.
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  14. Kilar Active Member

Since ProSieben have been in charge of EQ2 in Europe for about 3 weeks now I was wondering if anyone has noticed any upsurge in new players on the European servers?

I have seen a lot of advertising for Planetside 2 (Also with Proseiben in Europe) but none for EQ2. Has anyone seen any advertising for EQ2 in Europe?

What is the status of play now on the European servers?
  15. Oldtimer Active Member

Dead.
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  16. Trevynoae Member

well - i think we should be fair about this ...
    I wouldn't call them dead - not at all (at least not Valor). BUT since Pro7 started to air their ads on TV some months ago there was a certain "shift" in community ... not to the best tbh. We got an influx of strange people who are more what you would expect from the general-chat in that other game starting with w.

So - yes - there have been commercials on air for a couple of months now (for EQII that is - and for PS2) here in Germany.
    No - the servers (at least Valor) are not dead.
    Yes - there is a negative shift in what kind of people the community is comprised of.

Although I do not want to blame Pro7 for those folks only (although one might considering their overall audience) because it might also be because of the Free2Play thing - who knows. But it is interesting that many "high levels" don't even know the lighthouse in antonica for example.
  17. Oldtimer Active Member

Ok, sorry. I should have said - I expect the German server where the German players are, who watch German TV and therefore see German advertisements is pretty busy what with the new pro7 thing. But sadly for us faithful English speaking Europeans on the English speaking Splitpaw server have been abandoned, and the server feels pretty dead.
  18. Trevynoae Member

Well - maybe Dexella can find out if and when Pro7 will air any commercials for our european-friends who are NOT living in germany.
    With france I remember that Pro7 subcontracted that whole deal to TF1 (although I might remember that wrong) and I do not remember well if the same didn't happen for UK or not.

If they are about to air something - it would be cool to know about for us old folks - because then we could expect new folks joining.

But yeah - i would expect them to get more players into the game(s) fast, now that they will get them all. Especially when current players feel like they better transfer to another server because of low population. Having folks join a server that isn't fibrant ... will not make them happy customers (usually).
  19. beagley Well-Known Member

Dragging this one back up to the top as it looks as we have the answer. Based on the beta sign ups, it looks exactly like EU people will NOT be able to play EQN on an SOE account. My UK IP address kept pushing me to the PSS beta sign up page even though I have two SOE accounts.

Like yourself - I will not be playing EQN if it entails needing a PSS account.
  20. Razgon New Member

Same here - If Probsieben is required to play EQ-Next, I'm out and won't be playing that either.

I havea a SOE account with all the other games ( Well, except for DCUO since Prosieben screwed up the transfer and now refused to do anything about it ) that SOE offers, and it works perfectly. There is no way I will ever hand over personal information to a company that uses people hired through forums to handle CC information.
    Hell, they even managed to get their Planetside 2 database hacked as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.