EQ2/ProSiebenSat.1 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dexella, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Associate Producer

Hi All,

EverQuest II is currently set to launch with ProSiebenSat.1 Games on Thursday, June 20th. This thread is for continued feedback from the previous ProSiebenSat.1 threads.

The previous thread on this topic can be found here.

The updated FAQ and launch announcement can be found here.
  2. Malleria Well-Known Member

Two days notice? If this transition is as great as SOE wants us to think it is, why keep it secret until the last minute? :rolleyes:
    Pipsissiwa and Wirewhisker like this.
  3. Sambril Well-Known Member

I do hope that commitments made by John Smedley with respect to existing customers of SOE from the EU will be honoured and that we will be allowed to remain with SOE if we wish.
  4. Dexella Associate Producer

Sambril - yes. This is addressed in the FAQ:

I am a European player with an existing SOE account. How will this shift impact my account?
    It won’t. You will continue to play with your existing SOE account.
  5. Sambril Well-Known Member

Thank you for the confirmation, I guess I should have re-read the FAQ for updated info :)
  6. Morg Well-Known Member

We still haven't seen any of their GREAT DEDICATED CUSTOMER SERVICE yet. They STILL haven't updated their website to look like something even halfway professional, They STILL haven't gotten over the DCUO fiasco of accounts and neither has SOE to be 100% honest, people are still caught in limbo.

When will those concerns actually be addressed instead of everyone telling us how great everything is?
    Ridolain, Wirewhisker and Malleria like this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to their site? Previously they'd locked people out of even viewing the forums...
  8. Morg Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't - I too am locked out, I was going by what guildies were saying who USED to play dcuo until after they were sold to p7sat1. Apparently they haven't heard from a CS Rep in awhile ( as in months ) But I cannot confirm this as I can't log into their forums.
  9. Lempo Well-Known Member

Yes they did and continue to do so.

hmmm I am able to get there through a US proxy and view the forums but can not from my real IP
  10. Morg Well-Known Member

This is the confirming pic of the email validation: Please note that it states NO GAME OR PAYMENT SUPPORT

[IMG]
    Hi Miorganya,

Click on the link below to complete your registration. After you clicked the link, your default browser will bring up a new window and show you if the verification was successful.
    VERFICATION LINK
    If you haven't signed up with any service of ProSiebenSat.1 Games and you got this verification message accidentally, please ignore the link above.

Yours,
    ProSiebenSat.1 Games Team
    dcuniverseonline.eu

ProSiebenSat.1 Games GmbH
    Medienallee 19, D-85774 Unterfoehring, Germany
    NO GAME OR PAYMENT SUPPORT
    Company Registration: Amtsgericht München, HRB 119657
    Employer Identification Number (EIN) 98-0689987
    Germany: UID DE182196509 / Switzerland: UID 19765 879
    Executive Board: Tung Nguyen-Khac (Chief Executive Officer), Markus Büchtmann, Andreas Heyden
    [IMG]
    DC UNIVERSE and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics.
    WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: TM & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
    (s13)

Wirewhisker likes this.
  11. Lempo Well-Known Member

This was discussed at great length and is really not healthy for the game.
    I could be wrong but I don't think anyone is going to transfer there willingly at this point and the new accounts will be unable to post questions here where the people that know the answers will be.

Sure they may have access to view the forums but if they can't find their specific problem they are going to be at the mercy of a company that has not shown a lot of competence in the area of supporting the current stable of games they have.

It is just counterproductive to have 2 separate forums for this, game tips, class questions these are not 'localized' issues they are the same everywhere.
    Account support, tech support is another story, although many of the Tech Support questions are fielded by players here before Alex or Sean get to them.
    I guess in time the new players over there will be able to answer the questions others have, just seems like something could be done that would be better.
    Pipsissiwa and Melisande like this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

There's a definite problem when people can't even VIEW the 'non localized' forums. Not being able to post without an account makes sense. Not even being able to view to gather information is... suspicious.
  13. Estal Well-Known Member

So just asking, how will this pro7 thing affect the update schedule for European servers?
  14. Geothe Active Member

So any NEW european players will not be able to use these EQ2 boards what-so-ever?
    How is dividing your player base like that good in any way, shape, or form?
    Belissa, Kilar, Pipsissiwa and 4 others like this.
  15. Mixxit Active Member

It's not good at all that was the whole point of the complaints ages ago

'Hey dude, i play eq2 wanna come try it out with me?'
    'Yeah sure - oh wait i cant come play with you'
    'Doh, i guess I will have to leave my old account behind and lose 7 years of work to play with you from scratch'
  16. Lempo Well-Known Member

They will be able to play on the same servers the FAQ clearly states that, so you seem to be misinformed and or didnt read the FAQ.
    What they will not be able to do is access the minds of the players that have played EQ2 for many years via the forums.
  17. Mixxit Active Member

i think you are misinformed - it says new players get prosebian accounts and only SOE accounts can access SOE servers and prosebian

so if i want to invite my friend to come play with me he cant - i have to go play with him and start again (the whole point of my post)

basically new PSG players cannot access SOE servers - so i wont be inviting new people to play
  18. murmur Member

nope.

19. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

After ALL the fuss last time, you then wish to push a change through with 2 days notice?
    So much for listening to the public opinions last time, and just delaying a change before you can ninja sneak it in.
    Whatever happens, a new player registering with PSS1, should NOT be given less access to information. How on earth do you think that any new player, who can't access the full EQ2 Forums, is likely to succeed? The new forums will be even more dead than these ones, and full of even more wrong/pointless information, which will eventually lead to people getting annoyed and leaving.
    On the upside, thanks for 2 days for me to create 100 F2P accounts via SoE, to then keep for future friends who wish to play and not be stuck with PSS1.
    Ridolain, Wanic, Pipsissiwa and 4 others like this.
  20. Mixxit Active Member

ok then i am misinformed! :D this deal can go ahead - carry on
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.