Emergency Server Downtime May 14th, 2014 for Hotfix

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, May 14, 2014.

1. Magic Missiles Active Member

Mercenary Customization is being returned.
  2. Somethingwicked New Member

So, All these problems listed on this thread alone, and your not fixing a single one of them. That's Really stupid you know. You see we are having problems with these issues, some for years, and you refuse to fix it. But let us players find something that makes the game or one mob a bit easier on us to kill and its fixed ASAP. Come on Luperza Get on them to fix these issues, then Stop all the downtime.
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Inaraha Member

I have sorted out the time difference, but thanks Luperza! ;)
    Luperza likes this.
  4. Meilieki New Member

Considering the fact that we pay U.S. Dollars to play the game, on a timed monthly basis, extraordinary downtime reflects negatively against this time management of paid for services. Excessive downtime should result in compensation?
    Lady Marlyn likes this.
  5. Tinhoso New Member

Sever down already? :confused:
  6. Systemlord New Member

Whats the conjuror tank pet bug?

And should temp ban the exploiters for making us have to go through a hotfix. And trying to justify exploiting just blows my mind.
  7. Keylawler New Member

It was pretty suspicious when the russians were getting 3 purple forearm gems in ToV: Maw. Knew something was up.
  8. Zinj Well-Known Member

Nooooo!

Down again!

Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Mae- Well-Known Member

Might want to change the title from SCHEDULED to EMERGENCY... since I don't think this was planned if you were posting with 1 minute to spare.
  10. Darkness_Qc New Member

I have played about 20 + MMO so I dont complaint about EQ2 since MAINTENANCE = GOOD SERVICE . Some games dont do maintenance often but theire games are full of bugs. SOE take good care of us so enjoy :)
    Naramsin, suka, Nixer and 3 others like this.
  11. Smitch New Member

They fix the raid zone in hours and BG/PVP sits for years.......yeah, priorities FAIL.
  12. Lukie New Member

How about fixing the crafting window when you complete a recipe the list reverts to the top, it does not stay where you were working. A little frustrating when you want to craft several different items form one place on the list such as armor.
    Lady Marlyn likes this.
  13. Luperza Community Manager

We do as much testing as time allots us. Believe me, our QA and Dev Team work overtime and try their best, but sometimes things slip through the cracks or players do things that we don't expect them to do.

If you checked out our last EQ2 Insider, you'd know that we hired on a programmer to take care of the BG/matchmaking system issues. We'll have more details on that in the future. Some of which will be coming to the Test Server soon! :)

I personally do not fix the bugs, so sorry. :( BUT if you report them by using the /bug command in-game or by posting a detailed description on the forums in a designated thread for said bug, I can forward it along to the Dev Team.

We do not "refuse" to fix bugs. Please, report them to us so we can fix them. We are consistently fixing bugs each week if you look at our Game Update Patch Notes. We can only do so much with the resources we have, but we do our best.
    Dulcenia, Rhodris, suka and 2 others like this.
  14. midlife New Member

Hopefully gonna "take away" whatever was exploited and not just "Thank" them for showing you the exploit.

Tired of the "were gonna kill it anyways" but naw it isn't much easier since they got 5 more then everybody else already" rhetoric.
    Punish and remove if it is obvious exploit.

K, Thanks!!
  15. rWolfen New Member

The first time I log in, in three years, and I hit a down time at the exact hour I log on. Nice. Maybe it's a sign...
  16. Somethingwicked New Member

I Agree, as a Gold member who pays monthly subscription, I do think we should be compensated for all the downtime we have received the past few weeks that has taken away from play time for many players. And im not talking double XP for a weekend that only benefits a people who are available to play on the week end I would like o see something along the lines of Loyalty Tokens or SC.
    Lady Marlyn likes this.
  17. Sucha Active Member

No disrespect intended Luperza but you guys make the game, therefore you can take as much time as you need to make sure things are working properly. While yes sometimes players do things that are unexpected by far the vast majority of fixes that are done are due to things that are broken and not due to exploits. Yes we want content and we want it in a reasonable time, but we want WORKING CONTENT. While a few may complain of new content does not come out as fast I am sure most of the player base would be much happier if it took slightly longer to get content out, but that content actually worked without having to be bugfixed 3-5 times in as many days.
  18. Luperza Community Manager

Stated in our EQ2 EULA:

"We are not liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes beyond our reasonable control. Further, we cannot and do not promise or ensure that you will be able to access your Account whenever you want, and there may be extended periods of time when you cannot access your Account. You assume the entire risk as to the results and performance of the Software and the Game in connection with your hardware and software, and you assume the entire cost of all servicing, repair and/or correction of your hardware and software."

I will forward along the concern to the Dev Team. Perhaps, we can hold back content more often to ensure it's bug free, but most often, the bugs are just things we have missed in our testing process. Very rarely have I seen content go out that is blatantly broken.
  19. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I still <3 you Luperza even if the thread is out to get you again!
    Neiloch, Feldon, Mindsway and 3 others like this.
  20. Feylone Active Member

So does this mean when they come back early from a downtime they should charge us more? So an hour downtime and they come back up after 10 minutes means we should get charged for the extra 50 minutes?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.