Emergency Server Downtime May 14th, 2014 for Hotfix

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, May 14, 2014.

1. EvilHomer New Member

You did Halls of the Betrayer when the mobs had over 900% stacked crit avoidance in non-gemmed cryptic gear? Sorry, I call B.S. No one I know outside of people in 3/3 or 4/3 Potent gear did those bugged zones while the crit avoidance was over 900. Everyone I know waited to do them until after the fix. Either that or they PUGd with a group that had the 3/3 or 4/3 potent players who carried them.

You can't be serious. Once again, I call B.S. You wanna make a tally of raiders who complain that there's nothing to do and are bored because they blew through all content in a week (and are "forced to do the same zones over and over and over and over...!"), and solo/small group+merc casuals who are STILL questing in CoE/DoV/ANY previous expansion because there is so much to do in this game it's not even funny. It's not even close, and you know it. To say otherwise is to be nothing but disingenous.

The fact remains: Big deal, raiders had a buggy mob. Fix it with the next scheduled update. It's not like it was an exploit that needed fixing immediately, and it's not like it wouldn't be the first time a zone was "temporarily unavailable" while something was wonky with it. It's happened before, it'll happen again. Whooptie-do.
  2. Nelie Well-Known Member

just because they had 900 CC buff doesnt mean they didnt take damage. It means parses were usually under 100k. You act like it was all mobs who had the buff when only 1 mob really had it. Call BS all you want though, you are just grasping straws now.
  3. balzor Active Member

You wanna make a tally of the casuals who complain stuff is too hard so sony nerfs it to all $#@$ then a month later fires out forum posts saying there isn't enough content?

I mean your whole argument is silly, you have literally no evidence to suggest ONLY raiders complain, this is just your personal opinion, your personal opinion is not fact sorry. PLENTY of casuals complain about not enough heroic/solo content.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

In my calculations, I figured about a penny for the 40 minutes of down time... ;->

Uwk
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

About Test: in a way, it is "free" in that (with Gold) you get 7 more character slots that don't count against your total (same thing with non-US servers if you're US-based, and I think vice versa). As for testing on the devs' computers, and the flak I got from the techs way back when for having the "wrong" laptop for EQ2 (darn, I KNOW I should've checked with them before buying the one we did!), and therefore it was MY fault I couldn't play the game on it, I have this to say: the ONLY consideration that should need to be taken into effect, when all the requirements are met as far as speed, capacity, etc. are met, is this--Windows OS or Mac OS? Nothing else should matter.

Uwk
    Naramsin likes this.
  6. Nelie Well-Known Member

Really though, what server do you play on? Were you pulling trash in Halls, Labs (other than the 2 groups before 2nd named), and VD? If so, that is your fault for time sink. I think there was only 4 groups of mobs that really mattered that had the double crit-avoid buff; The Kaladim update, 2nd named in Halls, and (i think, correct me if I am wrong, i cant remember) the 2 groups before the 2nd named in Labs. VD, you can avoid trash mobs and get to every named.
  7. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Damn! Moment passed, and I was about to rib about something to the tune of gall stones or gaulish peoples. Lol
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.