Emergency Server Downtime May 14th, 2014 for Hotfix

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, May 14, 2014.

1. suka Well-Known Member

umm- not sure if everything pushed out can be tested by players. like security fixes and stuff.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

i'm on with no problem- probably long after the fix. and here i thought only eq1 was having that problem
  3. Ambrosi New Member

Well, I see at least one other person is having trouble logging in from the launchpad. I can get to the regular servers, but when logging in to the test server I too get the "Login Rejected: The client's version does not match the server's. Please re-run the patcher." Is there any one else having problems with the Test server? Is the test server even up?
  4. Hollyhocks New Member

I've been trying to log on Test and gotten the same rejection, the latest just seconds ago. :(
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

I can't get on either. Test is apparently busted atm. It shows as up on the server status, but obviously something didn't apply correctly after the emergency patch.
  6. Luperza Community Manager

Yeah, I've received a few reports of this throughout the day. I've contacted the team. Although many people are out of office due to the fires in San Diego. Hopefully, I get a response soon. :)
  7. Hollyhocks New Member

Humming along with the pray-ers for rain and safety for all of you.

8. suka Well-Known Member

kk so eq2 is now where eq 1 was earlier? with some people unable to get in? now i have to watch to see if this gets broken like eq1 lol- all servers down there. looks like soe has a very long night ahead of them. hopefully tomorrow is a better day
  9. suka Well-Known Member

could that be what is wrong on eq1 too? people were getting the exact same message before the servers all crashed
  10. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Thank you SOE for fixing the problems.

Thank you Luperza for keeping us posted. Looks like you have a trustworthy bulletproof vest just in case someone decides to shoot the messenger. I salute you!
  11. Luperza Community Manager

The reports were regarding the Test server. The normal servers are all fine and well for EQ2. If you're having issues. let me know.

Probably not the same issue, but I don't really handle EQ1 stuff. :p
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

ahh- kk- i got in just fine. guess i missed where this was just about the test server. and yeah they said in another forum i just read that the fires are a contributing factor. lol i usually have both games running at the same time.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

well night all- hope everything looks better tomorrow- time to watch some tv and go to bed
  14. Veta Well-Known Member

Fix summoner tank/scout pets? Do we even have those 0.0? Ya mine are mastered, but I could definitely not tell you what they would look like regular or even in their plane shifted state.

Just to knock out two in one. The tank pet is practically useless, it does not tank at all. Even at higher levels if I spec'd for it to gain a large amount of threat my auto-attacks still rip aggro. This is due to the fact that auto attack stats (attack speed, dps, multi-attack) do not share over properly. On top of that, the pets do not time any of it together. Either the combat arts are not being used or attacks are being interrupted due to multiple spammings of the pet's abilities. If the tank pet was fixed it would allow for better solo play, at least it would for a conj because necromancer survivability is a lot higher. The scout pet has the ability to be viable the way its buffs are set up (has its own ae prevent) but just needs to be scripted properly to time attacks and its combat arts. Even then it would have to go around soulburn, elemental blast should be no problem because its instant from the pet. Even then, they made the ring of uplifting swings share with pets (https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/summoners-broken-mechanics.544830/page-7).

This is what you are looking for:
    Too bad, at this current moment, the only viable pet for summoners is the mage (it does not wand auto) =(. Even the classes who use pets that do auto attack, i.e. chanters, auto attacks provide no benefit to the pets because they simply do not scale because the buffs, as stated before not share over. My mage pet reads -90 dps although I have nearly 600 and my pets attack speed is -9 yet attacking with melee at 3.3 seconds. Since the damage does not scale the pet melee dps is practically worthless.

Who knows though =) maybe one day, right?
  15. Mogrim Well-Known Member

A quick didja know:

1) Dev's work overtime on this game pretty much every single week.
    2) They pretty much do it because they love this game
    3) They're definitely aware of and working on summoner stuffs
    4) The exploit/loophole they fixed with this patch was a pretty significant one... some of us figured out how a guild (who will remain unmentioned) was able to get a kill in the new wing despite having people in without level 50 green adorns. It was a loophole/exploit that had to be patched - Dev's take those things really seriously because all that overtime they spend working on fights almost feels wasted to them when guilds exploit to get kills.

This patch was important.
    suka, Raff, Finora and 3 others like this.
  16. Jolemai Active Member

I never yelled :(
  17. Cenen of Permafrost Member

Please add Dungeon Maker to the list. It has never worked right. Dungeon Maker was a big deal for me when I bought AoD. It really needs some love.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  18. Alan deLane New Member

I hope you galls and guys are alright. My recent anger and frustration vanished after I read the above.

Yours,
    AdL
    Luperza likes this.
  19. Alan deLane New Member

Oops: T'is gals, not galls. :confused:
  20. Catthib Member

Sooo, Calthine over @ ZAM is posting there's going to be more downtime today @ 4 PM PDT for approx. 40 minutes, yet I'm not seeing any other news posted about this...is this correct?? Story I'm referring to: http://eq2.zam.com/story.html?story=34368
    Not complaining, just wanting to see how I should plan my day off from work accordingly...EQ2 or catching up on DVR'd TV programs for the time in question!!
    PS: Ya'll stay safe there in Fire-lands!