Constant plat spam in channel.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Charlice, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Charlice Well-Known Member

Actually the joke is on Daybreak, I'm just not sure how funny they'd find it.
    You have no more idea really than I do that the plat, krono and green adorns are being duped or not. Unless of course you are one of the plat sellers.
    And while your idea of suck it up might suit you, I wonder how many more players DBG can actually afford to lose.

But whatever, it's not my money or business.
  2. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I do not know whether or not the 3rd party sellers are getting some or all their Plat & Krono & Green Adorns via duping. Any claims that they are currently (not 3+ months old) getting their P+K+GA via duping would require some kind of proof, which I am very open to reading. So far, no one has provided any reasonable evidence to support claims that duping is currently happening. Some drunk guy on Freeport talking trash about duping once upon a time does not qualify.

The idea of sucking it up was advise, based on actions, or lack there of. If DBG cared about the spamming issue in EQ2, something would have been done. But as it stands, it looks like EQ2 is starting to go the way of Vanguard.
  3. Avirodar Well-Known Member

4. Zookeeper Active Member

I had already seen the /whois.
    It gives the name of the registrant of the website...with an address in China for the origin of registration.
    It does not give the name or address of the business owner/s, or their location.
  5. Charlice Well-Known Member

6. Zookeeper Active Member

.............................................................................
    I'm not so sure that there has been any attempt to "fix" the spam filter.
    If there is collusion between the Daybreak owners/officers/investors and the owner/s of MMO.COVE, there will be no "fix" or cessation of plat procurement and sales in-game, especially since players apparently are buying platinum. If they weren't, the operation would dry up and move to more lucrative playing fields, because the investors will not continue paying farmers to amass plat that they can't sell.
    The problem isn't simply a violation of the TOS that we all signed...the selling of a game property for real cash is a violation..the problem is that there is a market for these sales, and they will likely continue until players (who bought platinum from an outside source, and therefore violated the ToS and could be taken to court) are banned or sued, and IF there is a business agreement between Daybreak and MMO.COV, there will be no action taken against those players who are their customers.
    The spammers will spam, the buyers will buy, and the ToS will not be worth the time it takes to read the first line, as it will be totally meaningless.
    Awkk and Charlice like this.
  7. Charlice Well-Known Member

I don't think there even is a spam filter.
  8. Awkk Well-Known Member

It is well known that some of the top SLRs are boxing, using boxing software to run 6 accounts, and keep all the plat for themselves. If you play, you know this as well, and you know names. And even if 6 players were grouping, they could also be selling plat and kronos. So I fail to see the flawed logic you suggest. Sounds more like you are defending the boxers who SLR.
    Are they friends of yours?
  9. Awkk Well-Known Member

Well how do you like that. When I mentioned Chinese plat farmers earlier in thread, I was told that plat farming had been outlawed in China and that it was a huge, worldwide business of companies with very deep pockets, many of them in the US, or some such, but that it definitely could not be based in China. But it is. Good find.
  10. Avithax Well-Known Member

Finding 6 players to form a group that are going to work together and not be afk or lazy is getting harder and harder. Finding 6 players who don't have 1 billion alts to roll on the loot that drops is even more difficult. Splitting the coin between 6 players earns 1/6th of the income that a SLR bot group can make and with a group of bots there is never any "i'm doing you a favor by being here" attitude from the members which is becoming more common now days with the few dps/tank players who spend 18hrs a day obsessing on their stats and gear.

It's easier to harvest, quest and craft for coin and buy the gear from auction now days than it is to join pugs or short-handed guild groups and pray your item drops and you win the roll. It's even easier for those who choose to risk buying from 3rd parties and for some reason DBG doesn't seem to care that it's rampant within the game. It's not the SLR players who are causing an issue, it's buyers of plat. If a statement was made and a large amount of plat buyers were banned I can guarantee you the sellers would go broke and quickly lose interest in this game.
  11. s7n7a7k7e Active Member

LOL I wish I could afford good gear... :(

I have a few level 100 toons, but all of them I started AoM with MC gear and then did the quest line for replacements. Takes forever though because it's usually just me and my g/f playing and depending on which characters we are playing the dungeons are hard as :eek:...
    Belenos likes this.
  12. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Based on what Awkk declared on the prior page of this thread, if a few hours of farming, to gain enough plat to buy several months worth of Krono, is not enough incentive for a few people to work together, they do not deserve it. May be blunt, but its the truth.

If you find it easier to gain plat by harvesting, questing and crafting, to buy SLR items, based on the general value of SLR items vs the value of Krono, there is no cause for concern. Krono's should be very affordable for even solo crafters, if they could be bothered investing some actual effort.

On a number of threads that have discussed plat values and 3rd party plat sellers, I have said that the problem is not the plat sellers, it is the people who buy from them. So what point were you attempting to make by mentioning that in your response to my post? Telling me the same thing I have already said multiple times? Awesome, thanks.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  13. Awkk Well-Known Member

I didn't say anything about incentive or deserving. I said that I believe certain SLR sellers are boxing 6 or more accounts, and selling loot for insane prices, which gives them enough plat to control and inflate the krono broker price. There was a thread not too long ago, where a player bragged about having done exactly that, and he also claimed to have made 200 thousand dollars, cash, by selling items, but he didn't say how. Maybe he is connected with the plat sellers. Maybe the individuals who are boxing and SLRing right now, are also connected with the plat sellers, and making real money.

If your point is, that people should work together in groups, I agree. Unfortunately, it only takes one or two run-ins with a loot *****, or any of several other kinds of jerks that may be in the game, and some players may chose not to group so much any more.

Based on the current prices of SLR items, I believe it is near to impossible to earn enough plat via harvesting, questing and crafting, to buy even one full set of SLR items. The SLR buyers must be buying plat from websites, or they are rich with old money from years of playing, or they are raiders who make large amounts of plat from raids. Or there is some other way to get gobs of plat that I am not aware of, but I am sure that even hard working harvesting, questing and crafting will not earn enough to support current SLR prices.

Edit, I see that there is a profanity filter that has blocked a certain word that rhymes with store. If anyone wonders what a loot ***** is, it refers to a player who wants all the loot and items and plat, all for themselves.
  14. Charlice Well-Known Member

Is there any chance we could get an update from DBG on this? Any chance at all?
  15. Charlice Well-Known Member

16. Strings Well-Known Member

Getting banned for breaking the Eula is different than getting banned for complaining.
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Really? $$$ wasn't part of your motive?
  18. Badfeelings Member

The plat scammers and the buyers of that plat are breaking the rules... But they fail to stop that!!
  19. Badfeelings Member

They take it out on membership paying player... and not the F2P scammers... Well what more can be said about there ethics...
  20. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Are you aware that the forums, like the game has an /ignore list?