Constant plat spam in channel.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Charlice, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Badfeelings Member

No $$$ wanted... I was doing the same as the scammer... But it seems they are allowed to break the rules and get away with it.. But I am not....
  2. Badfeelings Member

Yes I am very aware of the ignore option... But my ignore list is huge since the spamming started. And I was sick of seeing the scammers get away with it!
  3. suka Well-Known Member

seems they have changed their formula again and also are now offering krono for $9.50. so yeah this is going to hurt krono sales too i guess. but maybe not since the kronos have to have been bought at sometime by somebody.
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

It's just another method for them to convert plat to $$. Getting Credit Card #'s is probably the main goal, though.
    Kittybock likes this.
  5. Charlice Well-Known Member

They take PayPal. They are also on Twitter and Facebook.
    As far as blood sucking plat spammers go, they look pretty legit.

Far more legit than the so called spam filter DBG claims they are using. The message is still the same, yet it still gets through. I wonder if they've even thought to turn it on.
  6. Charlice Well-Known Member

It's time to look at it. I can tell you now it is not working, nor has it worked at all, for months.
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Aaand, the post you were quoting was from March 12.
  8. Charlice Well-Known Member

Yes, that is correct. And still no change. I'm guessing next week never comes.
    beagley likes this.
  9. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Agreed. If players level Harvesting and Crafting, the AoM expac really leveled the playing field on generating income. I enjoy harvesting and--especially early in the expac--could make a nice chunk of plat, as many did not want to take the time.

^^ This. I had this argument with a player last night about this...buying & selling Plat is wrong.. Gold sellers exist because someone is buying from them.
    • Buying/ selling in-game currency is against the Terms of Service Agreement--see Cheating in the TOS
    • It devalues the in-game currency and, IMHO, undermines the use of Kronos.

Kitty
    Charlice and HaphazardAllure like this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Identify patterns in the channel spam you're getting now. We don't want to advertise their site, but grab the text from your /log. If you aren't sure how to show the patterns without revealing the site, PM me and I'll help. Each time these pop up, all we can do is identify the pattern of the text and pass it to the Dev team for inclusion in the spam filter.
  11. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Remove SLR (Selling Loot Rights) and plat spam goes away over night.
  12. Strings Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any plat spam in quite some time, Kudos to whoever did whatever they did, but it's been nice and quiet (at least on AB)
  13. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Firstly, SLR does not breach any rules of EQ2. The Dev team are fully aware of it, and permit it.
    Secondly, Plat Spam was alive and well long before SLR was a common thing in EQ2. So your logic is fundamentally flawed.

It is a good thing the actions of the DBG team show no signs of agreeing with your position.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

At least under the ruleset of the current servers.
  15. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

If the TLE server doesn't have SLR capability, that could be the one thing that draws me in.