Constant plat spam in channel.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Charlice, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Apan Member

That makes sense to me.
    Never really gave it a thought about the pricing of plat and the value of goods since I usually raid for all my items I hardly buy anything off broker.
  2. Awkk Well-Known Member

The plat price of brokered krono have more than doubled in the last month or so, since the spams started. You can't raid for krono, can you?
  3. Charlice Well-Known Member

That's probably to account for the number of players being halved.

Obviously Daybreak don't want to get rid of the plat sellers. It honestly makes me wonder why.
  4. Awkk Well-Known Member

I know employees were halved, but when did players get halved?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  5. Avirodar Well-Known Member

What would happen if SOE/DBG fixed a krono duping exploit?
    What would happen if a couple of players who used to buy a lot of Krono each week, moved on to play another game?
    What would happen if a new(ish) expansion increased the rate of entry of plat into EQ2?

In all cases, it would cause an increase to the average price of a Krono. Depending on how much the duper/buyer contributed, it could feasibly double or triple the price of a Krono. And if the rate of entry for plat into EQ2 doubled, the price of a Krono would double with it. Combine partial factors of different elements, and prices can easily fluctuate.

Timing can sometimes be co-incidental. Unless the in-game price of a Krono goes up 10-fold in the space of a month, I do not see it as anything to write home about.
    Belenos likes this.
  6. Katsun New Member

If you aren't going to stop the plat sellers then you should at least devise a way to ignore them the way we do players that annoy us. I think my ignore list is going to run out of room soon. I was always under the impression this was illegal in eq2. I must have been wrong. So since you don't care about the plat sellers PLEASE AT THE VERY LEAST find a way for us to block/ignore them on our own lists.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  7. Charlice Well-Known Member

I'm still amused that the plat sellers are also selling krono, but no one seems to give a crap. Only on Antonia Bayle though. US$9.60 compared to US$17.99, not bad really ... is it.

Please someone now post that they're buying it at full price, and selling it at a loss. lolz.

It just makes me wonder why Dayderp are seemingly trying to run EQ2 into the ground.

I'm honestly tempted to put the link in this post, but I'm sure you all know it, it's spammed daily, and has been for months.
    I do notice that they have Everquest 2 listed as their top game, is this maybe an attempt at some advertising Deybreak?

Here we go, have a picture instead. Then maybe someone could post just one good reason that Daybreak is letting this spam continue. Please don't bother with the bs that they're working on their spam filter. There is no spam filter, and there seems to be no follow up on reporting. Honestly pathetic.

Oh cool, we can buy green adorns from them too. I wonder if they'll have mercs soon.

Of course no one bothers to talk in chat much anymore, I'd say most people just turn it off. Won't be long before more players just stop logging in.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  8. Zookeeper Active Member

------------------------------------
    What is so hard about using MM0C0ve or [C][O][M], or Cheap 3000(P) in a spam filter? That is in every post.
    I am thinking that the problem is not that Daybreak cannot find a way to block the platinum sellers. They could..but so far, they have not done so.
    That makes me wonder if Daybreak has a business arrangement with MMO.COVE.com, to share in the profits.

What MMO.cove.com is doing is a violation of the TOS.

I think I can pretty well guarantee that if I advertise in Gen Chat, Auction, and LFG that I have X amount of platinum, and I will take bids in US Dollars for the pretend money, and the platinum will go to the highest bidder in 5 minutes, Daybreak would ban me and delete my accounts. Their reason would be that I violated the TOS that I had to agree to to keep my accounts open.

See DAYBREAK END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
    (Yes, I copied the entire User Agreement and have it on file on my computer).

1.3 Software and Gameplay

2. LICENSE

The Software and Games are not sold to you, but licensed according to the terms and
    conditions of this Agreement. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement
    and conditioned on your continued compliance with the Terms of Service, we hereby grant
    to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable, revocable, limited right
    and license to: (a) install the Software solely for your personal, non-commercial use
    by any machine(s) of which you are the primary user and for which you have the right to
    use, and (d) access and utilize the Game's library of digital objects (e.g., Daybreak
    Game Assets, such as, weapons, ammunition, and other digital downloads) in order to play
    the Game. You will obtain a limited license for the right to use the Daybreak Game Assets,
    and you will not acquire any ownership interest in the Daybreak Game Assets.
    (b) use the Software solely in connection with playing Games via an authorized Account;
    (c) use and display the Software (including, without limitation, source and object code)
    solely in connection with playing Games for your personal non-commercial use by any
    machine(s) of which you are the primary user and for which you have the right to use, and
    (d) access and utilize the Game's library of digital objects (e.g., Daybreak Game Assets,
    such as, weapons, ammunition, and other digital downloads) in order to play the Game. You
    will obtain a limited license for the right to use the Daybreak Game Assets, and you will
    not acquire any ownership interest in the Daybreak Game Assets.

3. OWNERSHIP

3.1 Daybreak Property. Daybreak and/or its licensors own and retain all right, title and
    interest relating to or residing in the Software, Games and Daybreak Game Assets, all data
    in connection therewith, and all copies thereof, including without limitation, any titles,
    computer code, themes, objects, characters, names, stories, dialog, locations, concepts,
    artwork, landscape designs, animations, sounds, musical compositions and recordings,
    audio-visual effects, character likenesses, methods of operation, moral rights, and any
    related documentation and user manuals (collectively, the “Daybreak Property\").
    The Daybreak Property incorporates and is protected by various intellectual property rights,
    including, without limitation, any right of exploitation, of any kind in or to the Daybreak
    property copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, moral rights,
    database rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights (collectively,
    “Intellectual Property Rights). Except for the revocable, limited license experessly granted
    above, you acknowledge and agree that you have not and will not acquire or obtain any
    Intellectual Property Rights, including, without limitation, any right of exploitation, of any
    kind in or to the Daybreak Property, and/or any compilation of copyrightable arrangement
    thereof, and that the Daybreak Property is exclusively owned by Daybreak.
    Daybreak reserves all rights no expressly granted to you in this Agreement.
    PLEASE NOTE THAT UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE DAYBREAK PROPERTY MAY SUBJECT YOU TO MONETARY DAMAGES AND OTHER CIVIL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.

If you are selling Daybreak items for real cash, and you are not the owner of Daybreak Intellectual Property, ("You
    will obtain a limited license for the right to use the Daybreak Game Assets, and you will not acquire any ownership
    interest in the Daybreak Game Assets."), you are violating the Terms of Service and the account/s should be banned and blocked from the source, and the company MMOcove.com should be sued by Daybreak.

It was explained that 10 people have to report a spammer before any action will be taken, to avoid the possibility of players hazing another player and tattling just to get them in trouble.
    That is not happening. It doesn't matter how many players report the spammers, they keep spamming.
    The simple thing would be to use the spam filter and block any message that contained "Cheap3000(P)."
    So far, the spam filter seems to be unattended and unused.
    I currently have three spams in a row from Liofapea to LFG, General, and Auction..for the same old plat seller.
    If the Spam Filter can't find anything there to use in order to block the incessant spam, the Spam Filter needs to have a major overhaul.
    There is no reasonable excuse for those messages to keep coming through, considering the fact that it violates the ToS which we all had to sign, I assume in order to be able to keep the game up.
    To keep my accounts active, I had to sign the ToS agreement. I assume that they do, as well.
    Strings and Charlice like this.
  9. beagley Well-Known Member

Not only this, but if you log in with an toon that isn't flagged as anonymous or roleplaying in the character options (on Everfrost at least), you also get continuous private tells until you switch the flag on and then log out. Very, very, very annoying:mad: we'll soon get to the stage where doing a /who or a /who all will be worthless as everyone will be logged in as anonymous.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten any tells (no, not anon or rp flagged) except 1 or 2 near the very beginning of the filter failure. from the spammer and, at least on Butcherblock, the <colorful word of your choice> spammer does seem either have gone away or gotten filtered for the past few days.
  11. Charlice Well-Known Member

No plat spam on Unrest last night.
    I do hope it's because Daybreak has installed a filter, and not just a plat/krono seller holiday.
  12. Charlice Well-Known Member

Alrighty, after a few days free of constant plat spam in channel, it's back.

Just a reminder Daybreak, this company is not just selling plat, it is also selling krono. Previously only on AB, now on Unrest. No idea about other servers.
    Cheap krono, krono half the price of what you sell it for. They are also selling max level green adorns.

GET RID OF THE PLAT SPAM.

If the staff you have now cannot manage this, get rid of them and hire staff that can.
    It's still the same damn message, how hard can it be???????????

[IMG]
  13. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

how can you stop it if the spammers just make a ftp in frostfang spamming while they just stand there, get banned or whatever then they just make another character. I see em just hanging out under the tent.
  14. Strings Well-Known Member

Yup, it's back on AB also, and apparently we get a discount on plat because we're speshul.
    [IMG]
  15. Lucus Well-Known Member

They have stopped them dead in their tracks in the past before DBG decided right after the takeover to gut the customer service dept and then the spammers 'grew back' as it were.

If they hadn't gutted CS we would probably never even had this surge in spammers or it would have been stomped out quickly by CS updating the spam filter.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  16. Charlice Well-Known Member

Well for starters, f2p cannot use channel chat. This leads us to believe the spammers have a sub. So ... ban them?
    Or gee whiz, they could put a level limit on using chat at least in auction and lfg.
  17. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

ahhh ok didnt know ftp couldnt use chat
  18. Magic Missiles Active Member

Assuming the spammers are paying subs with their duped Krono, nothing to prevent them from making as many accounts as they want.
  19. Charlice Well-Known Member

True.
    But there's nothing to prevent Dayderp from banning them as soon as they 'spawn'.

I wonder what they'll dupe next. Maybe the ultra rare lock box merc. That would be cool, wouldn't it .....
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  20. Lamatu Active Member

I just wanted to point out that the Kronos the plat sellers sell are for any server. Their website may say AB but Kronos are account wide and can be moved to any server with a toon.

My theory is that these plat farmers are buying up cheaper Krono on servers. I flip Krono I buy for plat for 5k or less and resell on the broker for 6-6.5k. The last 25 stack I flipped I had a guy tell me he had to move plat to the server to buy them.

Ten minutes later all 25 were bought buy a level 6 and moved presumably to another toon on another server.