Constant plat spam in channel.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Charlice, Mar 11, 2015.

1. s7n7a7k7e Active Member

That's still unfair to put the blame on F2P players base on a biased assumption. The fact is no one knows for sure. One thing we do know is they need a sub in order to spam their messages. How they are paying for their subs is unknown, and still would not make them F2P. All-Access is a sub regardless of the method of payment.

The questions I have are how the hell are they able to accrue so much plat that they can make a business off selling it for real money??? How do they manage to afford Krono using plat in order to sell Krono at a lower price for profit??? How do they manage to level up and max out green adorns so fast that they can sell them regularly???

Especially since F2P players are being blamed. Personally I have no idea how they can manage to do that. Because I have several level 100 characters and none of them ever make even close to enough plat to afford anything more than just the cheapest Mastercrafted gear on the broker. I have never maxed out a green adorn... Ever. I have never even bothered to look at Krono because if I can't afford good gear than how would I afford something that someone paid real-life money for??

My best guess is that they would have to be All-Access for the 15% coin bonus and must be a tradeskill of some sort, selling tons and tons of stuff on the broker. Because they is the only way I can even imagine someone making that amount of platinum on a regular basis and be able to sell it as often as they do.

I can't even imagine this being possible as a F2P player. And if it is I sure as hell would love to know so I can make enough plat to gear up even one of my characters with good gear off the broker that I see going for almost 1000 plat for each piece... And if that is even possible as a F2P player, it surely must be easier as an All-Access player. Why isn't everyone rich if it is that easy to earn Plat that easily? Because I don't know about you, but my characters are always broke, and I would looooove for my characters to be rich, lol. Good gear isn't cheap you know. Hell I can't even afford major essences anymore. They used to be affordable. Now they are over 500 plat easy.
  2. Charlice Well-Known Member

They don't need to accrue plat, they duplicate it, just as they duplicate krono. They're not buying krono at full price and selling it at a loss, nor are they leveling to 100 to acquire the max level green adornments that are rarer than hens teeth, in-game.
    If you want more information on duplicating in-game items, follow the link on EQ2REDDIT to 'EQ2 Flames'. There's a write up about it there. Seeing Reddit is the forum of choice, and the site is linked, I imagine it is ok to speak about it.

No one is blaming f2p players. Limiting f2p players from channel access is partly to limit chat spam I imagine, and partly to get players to upgrade to a sub. Most f2p players don't care as they join guilds anyway.

Please don't bring the f2p versus sub player into this. It has nothing what so ever to do with it.

I personally don't care what they spammers are, I just want them gone, or in the very least I'd like to see some effort put in to getting rid of them.

You'd just imagine that because the putrid spammers are selling krono, and directly taking money from Daybreak, they'd put some effort into stopping it. It does not surprise me at all that players in chat talk about how it's probably Daybreak selling the plat. Do I think they're doing that? Probably not, but it does make you think.

What I do know is it disrupts players, it stops the normal chit chat in channel as players just turn channels off, it will put a stop to Daybreak getting $'s for krono, and it will in my mind speed up the decline of the game.

ps. I find it incredibly odd that you quoted two posts, that do not in any way shape or form, blame 2fp players for anything. If it did turn out to be f2p players Daybreak should look at their filter for f2p posting in channel. If anything we're all assuming the spammers are subbers.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  3. s7n7a7k7e Active Member

LOL Trust me... The last person who wants to get into a F2P debate is me. My comment was just in response to Concealed Fate and Magic Missiles suggestion that these could be F2P players. My guess is that it can be anyone.

But yeah duping would explain a hell of a lot. I didn't even know that was possible in EQ2. I remember duping being a big problem in EQOA. Players had found a way to make trades where the items would transfer to another player while retaining a copy of the items that were supposed to be traded. Players used this glitch to dupe rares and money like crazy. I laughed so hard because a friend of mine who got me into playing Everquest in the first place had told me about it and how he was duping items and getting rich.

I told him that he was probably going to get banned but he didn't believe me. What do you know? He got banned a week later along with a ton of other players, lol. He was so upset that he lost his account, lol. I couldn't help laughing though because he pretty much asked for it lol.
  4. Charlice Well-Known Member

I wish they'd ban anyone found to be buying these duped items in EQ2. It is not healthy for the game, and I don't understand how it's gone on for so long.
    I'm passionate about this like you are with f2p lolz.

I would of laughed too btw.
    s7n7a7k7e likes this.
  5. Ruckus Well-Known Member

And the plat spammer is back in Auction on Unrest tonight.
  6. s7n7a7k7e Active Member

I never let him live it up lol. He eventually made another account somehow. I don't know how though because I thought his IP was banned. Either way he had to start over with a new account and suffer his way back to 60 which took grueling long back then.

I def feel duping should be taken care of if it is going on in EQ2. Because just like now, back in EQOA items in the broker were becoming outrageously expensive and made getting good gear nearly impossible during that period of time.

If I remember correctly, I believe those who were caught duping were banned and those who were caught purchasing in-game money or items from dupers had their accounts rolled back. Meaning all items and XP were rolled back to the point before the duping began for those accounts. It was a pretty big event for Sony because they were investigating accounts with suspicious major coin transfers and accounts found with rates that were supposed to have a set amount per server. People were getting slapped left and right with penalties lol.
    Charlice likes this.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

Platin spam reached Valor

(1431630859)[Thu May 14 21:14:19 2015] \aPC -1 Vlofei:Vlofei\/a teilt zu Auction (1),"Cheap 3000(P)=$8.1___ Kr0∩0=$7.5 \/\/.\/\/.\/\/ . /\/\ /\/\ 0C0ve.[C][O][Μ]"

The easiest way is to ignore this, but daybreak should notice this :)
  8. Charlice Well-Known Member

Most of us will ignore it. Some players will buy it. How much money can Daybreak afford to lose to some blood sucking plat sellers?

And tbh what is stopping players from buying their krono from them? Players have noticed they've done nothing about the sellers, why should we assume they'd bother with the buyers? They are selling krono for less than half the price Dayderp is.

Plat sellers: 10 Krono USD$75
    DB: 10 Krono USD$169.99

So much for Smeds 'we'll take action when 10 unique accounts report the spammers'. Really Smed? How about you do something about it NOW? Like I don't know, get a spam filter that works? Ban the sellers? Level restrict channel chat?

Do we need to start tweeting our requests?
    flameweaver likes this.
  9. flameweaver Well-Known Member

This, I'm sorry to say, may be the only way that DBG will listen. Giving twitter & facebook worlds enough visibility of a problem that DBG seem unable/unwilling to fix might actually get something done. Although I see on the fotm Reddit posts there, that the problem is also being ignored. So who knows ? :(
    Charlice likes this.
  10. Awkk Well-Known Member

Doesn't it cost real money to move plat from one server to another? Don't you have to pay 25 dollars to move the toon with the plat from one server to another? How else would you move plat from server to server?
  11. Awkk Well-Known Member

If they can be proved to have bought krono and plat from the plat seller website, then sure. But what if they bought a resold duped krono off the broker? How can an honest player know if a krono on the broker is duped or not?

Why not perma ban every plat seller account? But when I said that earlier in this thread, I was told that that could not be done.
  12. Awkk Well-Known Member

It was said in chat yesterday that they are now also selling fully leveled green adorns, and it was suggested that the next thing to happen might be hacked credit cards.
  13. Charlice Well-Known Member

They've been selling them for weeks. I put an image of those in a page or two back. I'm not sure if they're fully leveled though.

I have no idea why they can't ban them. I read that too. But why? They're not likely to be paying for their accounts if they're selling duped krono. They'd just use their krono.

Yeah buying krono of the broker should be looked at as legit. Not as if the plat sellers need plat. But I know what you mean. But it's really not our job to worry about where krono on the broker came from.

I wonder if they'd take note if we all cancelled our accounts, bought krono from the plat sellers at half price, and paid our subs with that.
    flameweaver likes this.
  14. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Blizzard is taking an interesting approach to their version of Krono (not sure if it has been released yet or not...should log in some day to check). Apparently once it has been sold via the Auction House (broker) it gets flagged No-Trade. No lively market flipping krono on speculation there!
  15. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Excellent point, but I guess DBG are banking (pun intended) on the fact that most players are honest and won't give into the plat sellers.
  16. Gharyn Well-Known Member

How can they sell fully leveled green adorns? Aren't they no-trade?
  17. Lamatu Active Member

SC cards can be bought with plat in game or maybe he spent 25 bucks on a xfer to make 250 on the kronos.
  18. Belenos Well-Known Member

While I do not agree with the plat spam-selling, I am not willing to spend all my "political capital" on this issue--not when there are many other important things the devs need to be fixing and working on in-game. If their smaller staff is unable to get 100% of the spam and still maintain the game, I will take a well-maintained game with a splash of spam over a game that is not maintained at all any day.

I can only speak for my server (Guk) as I only play on one server, but for those who think we have it so bad, well, I have seen bad, and this ain't it! One little 2-3 line message every 8 minutes is not even gonna get my temper up, much less make me quit the game. It is so inconsequential that I do not even bother putting the character on ignore. I just ignore it in my head and continue to play and enjoy the game. Which is exactly what I am going to do after posting this message!

Maybe I have become jaded because I have seen first hand what bad really can be. In ArcheAge, the plat spammers were at war with Trion--and that is all you could call it--a total war--and during the time I was there, the spammers were winning that war, hands-down! They were 5-6 "companies" (maybe more, but who could tell?) competing, and they spammed their message every few seconds. Their message was designed so as to make it virtually impossible to even get the toon's name to ignore it, as the message was about 200 words long--so long that expanding the chat box to cover half the screen horizontally, and full screen vertically might not even get you back to the top, and you could not scroll back to the top, because before you could get there, another huge plat-spam essay would pop you back to the bottom. We were relegated to physically finding the toon standing around the newbie area just to ignore it. In the 6 weeks I played that miserable game, I had over 300 unique names on my ignore list, (which was made unlimited during the first couple of weeks) and that was accrued in about 4 weeks, cause the last two I just gave up. We don't have it "bad" here--based on Guk, we have a mosquito bite that itches a bit sometimes, while games like ArcheAge that truly had (have?) it bad, had a full-blown case of leprosy!

Also everyone, be very careful about posting things from websites that could be construed as "advertising" for an illegitimate service. I found this out the hard way, once again in ArcheAge (the proverbial poster-child for what a game should not be!), when people were using packet-injection programs to buy up all the land before anyone else had a chance at it. Many complained about it, but a handful of people posted non-stop that no such program even existed, and we all just needed to L2P, so to prove it did, I posted the information about it from the website where the program was being sold, and guess what--Trion still did nothing about the program or its use, but they perma-banned me (from the website only--not from the game) for advertising illegal programs! I felt like I was dealing with people who had been hit in the head by a large hammer! My post and its intent were very clear--I was asking that something be done about the program--but that made no difference to Trion. My appeal was met with deafening silence--ignored entirely--not a word in reply. Just be careful.
  19. Charlice Well-Known Member

They are not only selling plat. They are selling krono and adornments, in another two weeks they may be selling transfer tokens and mercs.
    If they continue to be 'allowed' in-game, there is no point in kidding yourself that players will not buy krono from them. It is after all less than half price.

How much money can Daybreak afford to lose? If I was Daybreak I'd be pulling my finger out and getting rid of them. They are after all, in this for money.
  20. Charlice Well-Known Member

I think DB would be foolish if that was their thought process.
    flameweaver likes this.