Client Crashes

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Maevianiu, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamikage New Member

Mmmh... I never allow my machine to do anything I don't want it to do. Hence updates turned off and stay off. But that's just me. :)

Still, I meant to roll back the driver to a lower version not go up the last version.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Eradani like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I hear that with Win10, you won't have that option for updates; others I've heard using it say that's not an issue. :)

Still:

1) Spiritmaker
    2) Public Test
    3) Sept. 29, 11:45 pm PST (approx.)
    4) Trying to zone out of a Valor Homesteads house to New Halas...trying being the operative word. Hesitated in the zoning screen, then boom, straight to desktop. X-P

Uwk
  3. Seefar Well-Known Member

FWIW the last two times I've logged in I've dropped to character select the first time I've zoned.

Gave up in disgust both times and went to watch more of Stargate Universe...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Eradani Well-Known Member

idk about your firewall but mine is set to disallow various programs from accessing the internet at all. ie) M$updates

back to crashing... i've noticed that when i crash, when i log back in, i have very odd things happening: group options muddled (most often symptom), weird quests in journal, pvp stats borked.

also: i hate neriak - i crash 9/10 times zoning in there
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

6. Amilda New Member

Ok so today has been a day of constant crashes I get Verify G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\clientApp.ccp(3986) no game assets found 00f01ba9. I have updated all drivers that could be updated, the game crashes I cant exit it I have to restart computer. I'm running windows 8.1 on a new skylake build 980 graphics card. Anyone else getting this error. tia tek ps on Butcherblock server can happen any time.
  7. Darknys New Member

So the crashing just keeps getting worse and worse. This has been going on since the release of AoM, got worse with RC, and now I cant even change characters, which are all in the same zone, just logging in to collect harvests from pony/goblin and do tradeskill assistant dailies, without crashing to desktop. It was lovely that a Dev started this thread, but we are 13 pages deep now, months later, and no communication about this. And it is worse now. Can we PLEASE get this taken care of? I know you guys dont care about an individual subscription, but you are getting ready to lose one. I think we have all been very patient, but this has gone on MUCH too long.
    Mizery and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

When in doubt, also go to the help website; if nothing else, you'll have a "paper trail" of sorts. :-/

Uwk
  9. Reggie777 Member

Greetings, Darknys. A few months ago I, like you , asked for some status update on how the fix was coming along. I too mentioned that after 10 to 11 years of loving EQ2, I was becoming frustrated. Almost immediately, I was told in not too polite terms my a "Well Known Member", basically, to shut up, and just leave if I wasn't happy. And to "stop whining". So, my sentiments are with you. And I know exactly what you are going through. I simply stopped posting here. It totally ruined the spirit of collegiality I had felt about this forum. I'm too old to put up with bullying.

Now, every single time I zone into Tranquil Seas to do writs, I drop out to desktop. Every single time! It chews up the clock if I'm on a potion. And is very inconvenient. But you know? As I was told, I shut up, and left this thread.

This is the reason I'm not jumping on the new expansion right now. The last thing I need is another zone to get kicked out of when I zone. Or another poster to tell me to stop complaining, or threatening to leave, even though I was just asking for an update. I asked about it again some time later at one of the live feeds. But no one answered. I know they can't answer every question. And everyone was discussing the latest thing. So, no big deal. Just no idea how they are coming along with the issue.

But, as I was told by that very polite and thoughtful person, I can always leave.

Good Luck with the zoning problems.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm. Have you also asked about it on the help website (I know it's not always terribly helpful, these days)? Is there a place for such requests, rather than an issue they need to solve? I'm not sure; I usually only go there when I need to yell at them about something. :-/

As one who's killed many a thread (including the original one of this; my apologies...), I can sympathize with your plight, Reggie! :-/

And while a red shirt--er, name may have started (okay, okay, re-started :oops:) this thread, it may have been a good idea at the time, before he got yanked off to some other department, or sacrificed. :-/

Uwk
  11. Reggie777 Member

Hi Uwk. Thanks for the kind words. Yes, long ago I made the rounds of help threads. I reinstalled the game. I reinstalled Direct X to the proper version. I checked the "hosts" file. And all to no avail. I made sure my hard drive had room. I increased the page files just in case. I installed an app to check the CPU usage, the RAM usage. Thinking it might be my NVidia card, I changed to an AMD card. And then I found out that the "G:/drive" error had nothing to do with a g drive. That it was only a way for the dev's to keep track of errors. So... basically, there was nothing I could do on my end. I gave up.

I still love the game. And just settle for being kicked off when I zone. If and when I group, I let everyone know that I suffer from "dropsy" whenever we zone.
  12. Merideith New Member

try checking all the recent petitions from this account and see how much SOE have fobbed me off with crap and NO HELP with a constant crashing game
  13. Merideith New Member

must have tried 20 times today to get into game and crashes at cache charecter select or during caching charecter in a zone.
    yesterday gave up counting , days preceeding those check your login servers
  14. Adevil Well-Known Member

15. Merideith New Member

i find that servers are like tarts knickers, mostly down, or not even there
  16. Dragan Active Member

Update I found what seems to be a work-around for me (Means it has worked at least once) is I had to install a 3GB switch to my Windows XP (switching over ALL of my programs makes switching over a long chore for the reason I haven't yet also you can noly get 10 which I've had many people warn me OFF of.)

This link may work for you or not.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/supp...-Windows-Vista-Windows-7-or-Windows-XP-s.html
  17. Spock Active Member

My antivirus/firewall suite has a setting to stop any background update while i play a game.Gonna update only when idle even with windows 10.
  18. Jrel Well-Known Member

1) Deathfrom
    2) Maj'Dul
    3) 18 Nov, 2015 at 13:47 PM Central Time
    4) Zoning from Mistmoore Crag home to Thalumbra using the Thalumbra house item

Fatal Error message:

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify>
    G:\live\eq2\framework\Terrain\CDLODStreaming\CDLODStreamingTypeTextureBase.cpp (233):
    rtexture->Texture != NULL
    019e7000
  19. Ameerah New Member

Ameerah
    AB
    1036 pm 11/18/2015
    back to back crash, zoning from Maldura to Thalumbra then as i log back in i crash again mining right out side Maldura.
    Log back in and half my UI is gone....log out....try to log back in...black screen and cant log in at all
  20. Jrel Well-Known Member

1) Deathfrom
    2) Maj'Dul
    3) 19 Nov, 2015 at 12:30ish PM Central Time
    4) Running through Maldura

Fatal Error message:

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify>
    G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (15740):
    00cadacb
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.