Client Crashes

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Maevianiu, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jrel Well-Known Member

1) Deathfrom
    2) Maj'Dul
    3) 19 Nov, 2015 at 13:42 PM Central Time
    4) Zoning from Mistmoore Crag home to Thalumbra using the Thalumbra house item

Fatal Error message:

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify>
    G:\live\eq2\framework\Terrain\CDLODStreaming\CDLODStreamingTypeTextureBase.cpp (233):
    rtexture->Texture != NULL
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I just got one of these fatal errors switching to another character. Earlier, it was from zoning out from Maldura to Thalumbra
  3. Adevil Well-Known Member

I can be doing almost anything anywhere, and suddenly discover I'm shuffling icons around my desktop instead. Game just goes poof more often than it spits out the G:\live errors.
  4. Terrius Well-Known Member

I've been having this happen as well, half the time it dies with an error the rest it just poofs.

I have been watching task manager and when it just poofs it seems to be hitting the 32bit application memory limit. It seems the faster you move around in the new zones without stopping/zoning the faster EQ2 eats up memory until it has hit the limit.

Maldura seems to be exceptionally bad for the poofing without error crashes for me.
    Moonfyre likes this.
  5. Terrius Well-Known Member

I decided to test and see if I could reliably crash in Maldura, I can now crash my client reliably every 2-5 minutes by doing the same loop in the zone. It's important to note, this crash happens everywhere/anywhere not just Maldura, but this zone was super easy to reproduce it in!

Same error message and same memory usage (+/- 5MB) every time.

Attached is screenshots of task manager and the error pop-up. Also a picture showing the loop I ran to crash consistently! Hope it helps in some form/fashion!

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Snivel likes this.
  6. Snivel Member

Same problem as Terrius.
    Repeatable on all my characters on Halls of Fate server.
    No error messages. Client just poofs and it's desktop time
    I would agree that the issue is made worse by running around without pausing.
    Rajaih likes this.
  7. Adaac Member

No problem logging in
    Character name: Lydos
    Server: Maj'Dul
    12:25 pm 11/20/15
    doing tinkersmith quest in district of ash heroic got too close to agro mob and died as soon as I revived client crashed instantly, no warning, no message just closed. Same happened yesterday at least 5 or 6 times usually when zoning or shortly after zoning into or out of Maldura
  8. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

tosses me back to char select or straight to desktop, mem at upper 90's, only a few times has there been an error, several times a day. zoning, prolonged crafting, switching between toons.. basically everything makes it worse. it gets so choppy i have to log because of the mem.

the last few days i've had to cont'alt'del as it has locked up my comp and not ended the game while it's maxed out my mem.

there has always been a mem leak issue with these games, but this comes in waves for me, usually after a tues/thurs or a major change(new expac) that makes it considerbly worse for a while.
    Rajaih likes this.
  9. Belenos Well-Known Member

The crashes I was having when this thread was "new" (with the error messages) had stopped entirely, but now I am crashing in a new and exasperating way so often that the game is entirely unplayable!

The crash: It doesn't matter what I am doing, or where, but within 1 to 15 minutes (most frequently between 1 and 5 minutes by far!) I see my connection meter in the game go nuts, giving crazy numbers 5000-27,000 and suddenly find that the game is no longer connected. I can tell the game is not connected as I can't move anything in inventory, and if crafting, I can't counter anything. Mercs and pets will no longer follow me. Within 20-30 seconds after being disconnected, the game crashes, usually going to a black screen with a "trying login server 1, trying login server 2, etc. It rarely ever reconnects from there, but on the few occasions it actually did, I would reenter the game only to find that my merc's stat bar in the group area was showing his health as red, only half full, and did not actually show his name. It would take a full log out to desktop and return to clear it. If I quit instead at the "trying login server" black screen and relaunched the game, my merc's health bar would be normal.

This disconnect and crash happens every single time I enter the game, on any character, and on both my main paid account and also on a F2P account--any account, every time. If I am very lucky (which happens less than 10% of the time) I might be able to stay in the game for 15 minutes or a bit more. A full 80% of the time, I disconnect and crash within 5 minutes. A good 10% of the time, I disconnect and crash between 0 and 1 minute after entering the game, zero meaning by the time the game loads I am already disconnected waiting for the crash.

At first I suspected my own internet connection, but that is not the case. Last night, I fired up Age of Conan and played for an hour with zero crashes or disconnects. Then I did the same on The Secret World--two hours + with zero disconnects or crashes. My daughter's computer, which is on the same LAN as mine, has had no disconnects or crashes while she is playing WoW. It's not my internet--it is something that happened with the last patch (expansion).

All of this happens in normal zones (New Halas and Gorowyn while doing rush orders or transmuting) and I have not even visited new areas with "higher" graphics--just the same old zones that were once stable as a rock. This is not caused by zoning, or by anything I am doing. It happens just the same if I am standing doing absolutely nothing in the same pattern as when I am doing something. Any account, any character, any zone, every single time. Reliable as the sunrise!

So, until this is fixed, the game is basically unplayable for me.
  10. Awesomeo Member

My client doesn't even have the dignity to shut down. My frame rate starts to slow to around 11, then the game just freezes up, not the whole PC, just the game. It's still using resources, it doesn't throw the old unresponsive crap and close the window, it's like it's still running just not showing me what its doing. Crashed but but not really :p

Started happening after exac launch ofc and always in the new overland zone, I get about 10 mins before I have to end task and reload the game. Kind of annoying, making me not want to play :( Thank god for Star Wars Battlefront :)
  11. Jrel Well-Known Member

1) Nyfe
    2) Maj'Dul
    3) 21 Nov, 2015 at 12:49 PM Central Time
    4) Zoning from Neriak to Thalumbra using the Tinkered Portal Gate
    Fatal Error message:

<verify>
    G:\live\eq2\framework\Terrain\CDLODStreaming\CDLODStreamingTypeTextureBase.cpp (233):
    rtexture->Texture != NULL
    00a17250
  12. Adevil Well-Known Member

Belenos, have you tried doing a tracert to the server you play on? You may have to play around to find out what name it is using - Skyfire appears to be using Freeport's old IP address since tracert everquest2.freeport.com works.

Reason I suggest that is because sometimes equipment between you and the server can start acting flaky, even if your internet connection is fine. There was one time I couldn't log in to EQ2 at all, then noticed two or three websites that I couldn't access either. Doing a tracert to each of them found a common stop point, a router in Toronto. I had to spend about 1/2 hour on the phone with my ISP, but a few hours later that router was working properly again.

An intermittent problem is harder to find, but if you try a tracert each time you appear to be disconnected you may find a common point of failure.

Good luck!
    Belenos likes this.
  13. harvash Active Member

After a week back in game (Started TLE at start, but was offline due to buying new home and moving out of state), the crashing is ridonculous!

Any zone, any time, sometime close together, some times not - essentially, i am afraid to group at this point!

I just died in Halas doing the mount quest because of disconnect - and only revive option was back at the dock!!

Running windows 7, i7 with gigabyte z170 and 16g ram

Never had issues like this before.
  14. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

adevil has a point, it could be somewhere on the backbone for some people that's causing a flaky connection, but that's only for a probably small few. i've been keeping my task manager up, all my crashes are mem related.
  15. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

cheallaigh and 7 alts
    Skyfire
    everything.....
  16. Belenos Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'll give that a try as soon as I find out how. There's probably a youtube video on it though--there is on just about everything nowadays. I am far from computer literate, but a quick study when determined. If I am reading you right, what you suggest could cause the problems to occur only with EQII and not with another game on the same computer.

Update: Today it seems the same problems exist but they have become much less severe. I get short disconnects, but they are not long enough to crash the game most of the time. I just can't react with the world for several seconds, then it seems to regain the connection. Only had two full-blown crashes like yesterday, and was able to play as long as I do not do anything where being unresponsive for 10-15 seconds would be bad--like experimenting, or fighting a tough mob.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

1) Tonik
    2) Halls of Fate
    3) Nov. 22, 2015; 4:07 am PST
    4) trying to leave my 2-room Gorowyn status-free house out to Timorous Deep with my Coldain Butler; when I finally logged back in again for good (the first time I tried, I got in briefly, then got booted to Character Select), my Butler wasn't with me, so I had to take the risk of going back into my own house again, get the Butler, then leave again, with trepidation...

<verify>
    G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp
    (15634):
    !"Invalid texture format"
    0174d8c1 676e6964

At least now, it's a different DirectX error...and yes, I do have both the latest/greatest (if memory serves; mine, not the computer's) and DirectX9.0c, which is the only one I allow to run (for the sake of this game). :-/

Uwk
  18. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

uwe use the cont/alt/del and leave your task manager running, every single one of my crashes has been memory related.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Even the DirectX stuff? :-/

Uwk
    who had Memory Usage issues with WinXP, but not so much with 7...or so was thought... :-/
  20. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

it's what showing mine as and i'm win7, have been for years
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.