Client Crashes

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Maevianiu, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

Hello!

I was going to do another pass on client crashes. I see a few posts here regarding it. If your client is crashing, please respond to this post with:
    1) Character name (if you cannot get into game give me the character/server of a character you have gotten into the game with in the last week or so on that account)
    2) Server name
    3) Approximate time of crash (date, time)
    4) What was happening when you crashed.
  2. Bladespirit Member

almost all of the crashes are related to Tranquil / Phantom seas, and guild halls it seems. no matter of which toon. so 1) and 2) are out.

3) HAPPENS ALL THE TIME 24/7/365 especially after few zonings between TS/PS/GH.
    4) zoning to TS/PS/GH.

i did 4gb patch, /bcdedit trick, /force_low_mem_mode true/false, etc etc. nothing works.
    can play for several hours if inside one zone i think until zoning to TS/PS/GH few times.

my example run is this,

picking daily/weekly tradeskill missions from both TS/PS,
    call-house to use portal to both obol plain and vesspier isle missions,
    call-house to do tradeskill tasks,
    zone out to where i left in vess isle then druid ring to obol
    clicky to PS then TS to turn em in,
    call hometown, zone to GH to organize tokens,

Crash 100% at this point, saying client program is "missing G drives's direct9x component" or "out of memory" multiple bugs.
  3. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I'm sure one toon name is better than none.... I'm pretty sure Maev does not have ESP.
  4. Silvr Member

1) Silvr
    2) Permafrost
    3) 6/18/2015 @ 5:03pm EST
    4) Zoning from Guildhall to Far Seas Distillery
  5. Lamatu Active Member

Most of these crashes occur when the Everquest2.exe goes above 2.5gigs as seen in task manager.

If you could lets us know Maevianiu if the client is large address aware and if running the command
    BCEDIT.EXE /Set IncreaseUserVA 3072 will make the client use more memory which can potentially stop these crashes from being more frequent.

I think its common knowledge the crashing while zoning started popping up more since ToV and AoM because of the larger textures used.
  6. Daveed New Member

1) Character name Freman
    2) Server name Guk
    3) Approximate time of crash (date, time) 6/18/2015 @ 415pm
    4) What was happening when you crashed. Zoning from Demitirik's Bastion to New Halas Guild Hall
  7. Febrith Well-Known Member

Febrith
    Splitpaw
    22.20 BST
    Zoning from PS to GH
  8. Rarrum Active Member

1: Rarrum
    2: Freeport
    3: (unfortunately don't recall exact occurances)
    4: Zoning. I've hit this same assert multiple times, very rarely, when zoning around AoM zones: https://i.imgur.com/WTAA7tD.png
    Kuulei and Feldon like this.
  9. Bladespirit Member

o well :p
    1) Bladespirit
    2) Oasis

p.s. as a matter of fact, i did 2 tradeskill mission runs after my first post, i had my client crashed when i zoned to GH on each run.
  10. Almee Well-Known Member

I can't get on to Test. It tries to install the update and freezes with an error message that it can't write a file it needs because the file is either already in use or I don't have permission. I tried running the program as admin but got the same results. I was trying with Almee. The last time this happened was just a few minutes ago.

I can get onto Oasis without problems but I do crash quite a bit on porting to or from the guild hall. I experience lesser instances of crashes going from zone to zone.

When the program crashes I' either sent to character select or the program just vanishes and I'm back to desktop. Sometimes it happens multiple times before I'm able to log back in.
  11. Foretold Well-Known Member

1) Forebodes
    2) AB
    3) 6/18/2015 @ 7:08 pm CDT
    4) Zoning from Phantom Sea 1 to Rum Cellar Raid

Complete crash to desktop, no error given, just poof...gone.
  12. Alenna Well-Known Member

Cailee
    Guk
    zoning from ossuary to home city qeynos kicked to character select using call to home.
    just now june 18 7:35pm
  13. Dellmon Active Member

1) Dellmon
    2) Unrest
    3) Jun 18, 2015 at 11:05 PM Eastern Time
    4) Zoning from Tier 3 Antonica Guild Hall to Phantom Sea via a guild hall rally flag amenity

Error Message: There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk3\DR3
    Crash: All the way to desktop
  14. Febrith Well-Known Member

Febrith
    Splitpaw
    23:09 BST
    Looting at the end of the Rum Cellar Event (so thanks very much for that - chest just opened and Feb was gone <oo>)

Also, my guildie, Ashrakk, was booted at the same time (we're weren't grouped - as far as I know he was bimbling about in the Guild Hall). I received the same message "Could not connect to a login server. The servers may be busy" blah blah.
  15. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Crashing right now with exception while porting phantom/tranquil sea, after being ingame and active 2+ hours.

Crahing to desktop without error at least once a day after 1+ hour online. Yesterday logging 7 toons for apprentice quests, then guild hall => CTD without error, relogin, port phantom sea, port RC Adv. solo, zoning into trashbin, like happens at least once a day right now ... you know "waiting for zone server" Bam have fun restarting the game...

the stability right now is that crashes WILL happen every now and then. Not that the game keeps stable.

Though, no crashes while inside a zone. Only when zoning.
  16. flameweaver Well-Known Member

You might want to ask if people are using 32bit or 64bit windows as well, from what I've read on the various threads, 64bit users are having less problems. Myself I've yet to experience a crash and I'm running 64bit Win 8.1 and 32GB of memory.
  17. Dilligax Member

Dilligad , Sumilia ect all of them
    server - freeport
    time of day - all day every day
    where - when zoning into or out of tranquil / phantom sea , or anywhere really going from point A to B

Come on people fix this mess before ya add anymore to it. this has been a request from customers / players since the very first day of the EQ product fix what ya got first before adding more .. everybody likes fluff being free (rarely) or having to pay for it but if ya cant stay on to enjoy why spend the money. i personaly have not bought your rum campain , if i cant enjoy the game as it is sure as heck not gonna waste any more money on it . as of now have canceled 2 eq1 accounts back to silver and one eq2 account back to silver still subbing one for now ..

FIX before FLUFF - - - - -- Dilligad -Freeport
  18. Armas New Member

Armas - Permafrost
    June 18/15
    10:18 pm
    zoning into Tranquil Sea from Guildhall
  19. Flatline Well-Known Member

Azraelz - Antonia Bayle
    June 20th 0103AM Eurotime, thats june 19th 0703PM EST/0403PM PDT
    Zoneing from Frostfang Sea to Freeport T2 Guildhall
    Client crash w the following Fatal Error
  20. Dellmon Active Member

1) Dellmon
    2) Unrest
    3) Jun 19, 2015 at 11:48 PM Eastern Time
    4) Zoning from Tranquil Sea to Phantom Sea via "Anchor of Wander's Dock"

Error Message: EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify>
    G:\live\eq2\framework\Terrain\CDLODStreaming\CDLODStreamingTypeTextureBase.cpp (233):
    rtexture->Texture != NULL
    01c04580

Crash: All the way to desktop
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.