Client Crashes

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Maevianiu, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I do notice the bottom-most number of the Little Three (that includes the little red number in the middle, which if it's any other number than 0, is bad news) when you call up F11 is often in the tens of thousands right after coming in after a zoning, and I think I often get booted (though usually only to Character Select) if I try to do something silly, like move, until it settles down more into the mere 100s. :-/

When I was on my old clugey WinXP, I'd frequently either get booted to desktop or not even get in the first place if there were a lot of items where I first entered the various guild halls I belonged to, like in the foyer. The best arranged GH I've ever been in was the one for Clan Mawr in Crushbone, which had only 100 or so items in the zone-in area, then you were immediately directed to the rest of the "hall," which was the break-out into "Antonica." Most of the "rooms" had less than 200 items in any given area, and even then took some time to load, but it was still kinder and gentler to old systems. :-/

Uwk
  2. Eradani Well-Known Member

i logged in to see if i could see that, but mine never went very high. i even visited a massive house called "900 Rock Piles have invaded this house!" (rofl) and my fps (i'm assuming this is the big green number) got down to 14. couldn't find any highly decorated houses left on nagafen to see if that made a difference.

i'm still running WinXP (pro of course, hehe) and this is the first time i've played the game that i've crashed. it either crashes after i run down from NFP to EFP too fast on live or if i've been playing a long time and zone. i suspect, in the first case, if i looked that i might see your 1000 number. the rest of the cases seem like the infamous memory leak has spread which is almost to be expected on software modified by so many people over such a long time.

i'm not too worried about this old game + this old operating system. it's a little irritating cause it usually crashes when i've got into a rhythm but it's far less irritating than upgrading to Win32767 would be for me.

i seem to remember back in the day that i used to restart the game before going out hunting for pvp at night so i'd zone as fast as i could. but i think i might have crashed 5 times in all the time i played before.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, the biggest green number is the FPS. Not bad, considering! :)

Not running WinXP Pro (my bad; oopsie) might've been my issue before; silly me, of course I had to have the more expensive, non-Home, supposedly-only-for-Professionals version in order to get anything to work (and Win7 is notorious for that, too, I'm finding out)! :confused: Believe me, if any other OS (that had access to more than one mouse button) would play this game, I'd think hard about it... :-/

I am definitely impressed with your crash-free track record! :) Back in the day, every other time I'd zone into either Freeport or Qeynos on the old WinXP (and yeah, I too am reluctant to just dive into WinLatestGreatest, judging by the horror stories about 10 and this game), I'd have to keep one eye on a clock somewhere, because I knew for a fact I'd have 5 minutes, 10 at the most, to do anything in the zone...half that if it was raining. X-P "But why would you want a toggle to shut off the rain? It's so pretty (you should turn on the rain speculative lighting, too! Ooh!!1!), the art department worked long and hard drawing all those raindrops, and just turning it off wouldn't be realistic!!" Well, that's fine; I'll just let my ELVEN WIZARD THROWING THE FIREBALL AT THE ORC NECRO OUT HERE KNOW THAT... :mad:

Uwk
    who hopes the ol' Win7 Home Edition (again, more fool I) can hang on for a bit... X-P
    Prissetta and Eradani like this.
  4. Eradani Well-Known Member

OMG!! i should have tested in a city before. EFP got up to 15k on the bottom number. so i stopped to dumb down my graphics options and crashed, haha. didn't go over 3k after that but still pretty high. so... i fixed it once and for all by pressing F11 once again so i didn't have to look at it. hehe.

wish they had an option for low quality graphics for NPCs and high for PCs cause every time a bunch of guards came close to me, that number jumped noticeably and i don't really care what the guards are wearing.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! I completely agree with that last! That could've been another thing that was killing me in the cities. :-/

Uwk
    who at least can spend an indefinite amount of time there now... ;->
    Eradani likes this.
  6. Dexy New Member

1) Dexi
    2) Stormhold
    3) Sep 9th evening
    4) Group opened an exquisite chest in Ruins of Varsoon, boom sound then reboot with graphics error in Windows log.
  7. Dellmon Active Member

1) Dellmon
    2) Unrest
    3) September 12, 2015 at 9:22 PM ET
    4) Running across the courtyard of a Tier 3 Antonica guild hall

Note: Crashed to desktop; no error message; program just closed; outofmemory / ui files in the installdir were updated at the time of the crash
  8. Gnar New Member

1. Mazrim
    2. Stormhold
    3.September 12 2015 @ 23:00
    4. Zoning from Antonica to recall home point, Neriak. Happens mostly when im zoning, but random sometimes too. Get insta kick to desktop, then when trying to log back in gets all the way to character loading screen, showing my UI etc, but then get the "EQ2 client has stopped working" and shuts down, no matter what character i pick, zone anything. Its ****** annoying. Cant log back in for hours sometimes.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

1. Spiritmaker
    2. Public Test
    3. September 14, 2015, approx. 4:30 am
    4. Zoning from Gorowyn to our Guild Hall via the Leaderboards. Didn't pause for Character Select screen boot, booted straight to desktop. :-/

Uwk
  10. SoilFox New Member

Hi, I got a problem with the game.
    Every time I try to get in to play the game freezes at "caching appearances" and then crashes.
    Any help would be great!
  11. Thand Well-Known Member

ever since i had to reinstall vista i keep getting instant crash to desktops no messages the only log i can see says this
    09-14-15 22:45:11.238 3856 Info Service::RunInternal Service started: this=0x32ef764,m_options.GetRecvAddr()=127.0.0.1,m_options.GetRecvPort()=44125,m_options.GetLogLevel()=1
    09-14-15 23:18:21.423 3856 Error Connection::Read Disconnected: this=0x27ce120
    09-14-15 23:18:21.424 3856 Warning Service::ShutdownSDK Service Initiated Shutdown: this=0x32ef764
    09-14-15 23:18:26.444 3856 Error Service::ShutdownSDK Shutdown failed to complete: this=0x32ef764
    I defiantly am not issuing a shutdown and i seen to be just fine before it crashes to desktop notice the 4 minute gap between when it says initiating shut down and when i get the failor log message and crash to desktop. During that time i and able to act normally and have good connection. From earlier logs when i have played i get about a average of 25- 30 minutes play time before this happens
    Note this happened even when i am just standing around talking.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Any error messages at all? :-/

Even if the computer doesn't post any, I think there's a way to find out anyway...but you'll have to get advice from somewhere more tech-savvy than I. :-/

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not exactly a crash, per se, but got: "This account is in use." (well, duh!) when I tried /camping to another character:

1) Tonik
    2) Everfrost
    3) September 14, 2015; approx. 9:30 pm PST
    4) /camping to Vdova, an alt on that server; got the above error (This account is in use.), clicked on the okay button (the only one provided), and got an old-school sign-in screen, at which point I cancelled and got "booted" to the desktop
  14. SoilFox New Member

A window pops up saying that the program has stopped responding and it needs to be shut down. (its on my native language so I dont think posting it would help)
    I got windows xp sp3 btw
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...yeah, that operating system can be a lot more useful than the current ones for that; what I used to do when I had XP was to also keep Windows Task Manager up, too, so I could see what the Memory (Working Set), under the Processes tab, was like for EverQuest2.exe. If it getting into the millions back then, I knew I would be crashing very soon. Nowadays, it routinely gets into the low millions, and I usually don't have a problem then...or if I do, it seems to be uncorrelated to the memory usage. :-/

Uwk
    Rose likes this.
  16. Rose Well-Known Member

1) Nightose
    2) Permafrost
    3) Sep 15, 2015 sometime between 8:30 & 10 PM PST (wasn't paying attention to time)
    4) Browsing Marketplace in house. Marketplace is now opening browser too since today's patch, with Daybreak Cash Info page, and even if I close browser it keeps opening as long as marketplace is open. I posted this new problem in another thread.
    [ https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/marketplace-opens-game-browser-too.563628/ ]

Error Message: EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

Alertlog.txt:

build="SOEBuild=No-Build--Available" version="SOEVersionString=No-Version-Information-Available" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="Camping" loc="-180.30 24.09 -56.90" performance="7" alert="X:\live\eq2\framework\resman\ResourceManager.cpp(126): Resource leak!
    (ui/default/images/window_elements_specific.dds)"
    build="SOEBuild=No-Build--Available" version="SOEVersionString=No-Version-Information-Available" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="Camping" loc="-180.30 24.09 -56.90" performance="7" alert="X:\live\eq2\framework\resman\ResourceManager.cpp(126): Resource leak!
    (ui/default/images/windowelements.dds)"
    (ui/default/images/specialelements.dds)"
    (ui/default/images/widgets03.dds)"
    (ui/default/images/icons/icon_transp1.dds)"
  17. Antone New Member

Ya i'm getting same issues on both my computers and can't get the game to play without crashing after hitting the play button..
    Rose likes this.
  18. Mophia Active Member

I've not been able to get in at all over last few days.

Been having unrelated win 8.1 problems, so finally got an EQ2 reinstall running on my vista drive. Everything seemed fine.

Then Vista did a big update, massive changes within vista, including an unwanted upgrade to IE9 (I've lost all my favourite websites list, so very unhappy). Since that update I've been having EQ2 problems.

These mostly consist of being unable to get into the game. It starts loading fine, I press the play button. Then!!!!!!!
    I start getting driver crashes and recoveries. My EQ2 window goes totally black, and I start getting screen flicker on the rest of my desktop. It continues until I manually stop EQ2, then goes back to normal. I have gone to Nvidia and installed the most recent driver 341.81 I think. I was hoping that would fix the problem, however it hasn't.I have put a feedback page into Nvidia, and am now posting my problems here.

I play mostly on Test Server, Splitpaw and Stormhold, and want to get in and start testing Sundered Ground, but this is totally preventing it.

My only hope is that my Win 8.1 drive will decide to work, as I can get in and play with no problems at all there, when it works!!!!

I'm only having problems with EQ2, every thing else works fine.
  19. Kamikage New Member

If I am not mistaken my b/f has had the very same issue with his game. And if I remembered correctly, he actually rolled back nvidia drivers to a more stable version - can't remember which one exactly. Before rolling back the drivers (which solved the issue completely) he solved the issue by starting the game in windowed mode and then, after logging into his character, switching back to fullscreen.

Screen flickers mean that the ame is having trouble finding the right resolution and keeps trying to adjust. Also, as a thought, if you have any other displays connected to your machine, disconnect them and see if that helps.
  20. Mophia Active Member

Only 1 monitor, and changed up to 341.81 because my previous stable driver had started doing this since the vista upgrade!!!!!!!
    And I always run EQ2 windowed, as if bf away, I often have skype open at same time, so prefer not to be dropping things to hotbar, and pulling them back up, esp if fighting something.

Just tried starting EQ2 again, the driver having problems is nvlddmkm.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.