Bleedthrough..

Discussion in 'Priests' started by kronich, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Quigly Active Member

I'll be interested to hear of your results =)
    Revanu likes this.
  2. Odur27 Member

I think that people are becoming more aware of the "Ninja Anti Defiler Coding" because so many people cried about them being OP. They went above and beyond the bleedthrough for defilers. So eventually, we will be almost as useless in groups/raids as some people seem to think furies are. I know a tad heavy handed with the dramatized conspiracy theory but "Implemented as Intended ()?" I'm personally taking a break from raiding as of last week. That being said, I had noticed this kinda BS months ago with increased dmg on my group (I solo heal most nights) but I just rolled with the punches because it is still totally doable. Maybe the furies will be top of the heal parse again in a few month. I miss the days when I was allowed to raid on my fury.
  3. Fleurs Active Member

Well, some hard raid named are unbeatable without any warder at all i think, so, what would happen if they digust all the defilers? People won't be able to kill these same named, unless with mystic, which will then become the next class to nerf..
    Snikkety likes this.
  4. Revanu Well-Known Member

You cant nerf a mystic, They tried in ToT and those strong, prevailed. Mystics are cemented in healing legacy and lore! :D
  5. quisling Well-Known Member

...AND the problem is: this statement is mostly true.
    Daalilama likes this.
  6. Carthago Member

We just made a test on T4 raid mob. With mysti I get 1.9 million inc damage, with Defiler I get 5.7 million average. No way Defilers are going to be needed in Raid anymore. They want us to betray to mystics. But that's not how the game should work and kills the class. This problem is already 4 month old, but doesn't seem to care Dev's and other healers just think "great, they are not OP anymore" . One more miss balance which will kill population community in the end because people am not willing to change their classes again, just becaus Daybreak can't do their job.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

they may be ready for more player loss

but you know, many people still play with broken classes, hoping it will get better. defilers could also :)
  8. Quigly Active Member

My guess is that this will result in Mystics getting nerfed. Has anyone been able to find data that shows defilers suffer greater incoming damage than non warding healers?
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

This is why you never choose the "hot class" of the day. If it's "hot" now, it's likely to be nerfed soon. Play what you enjoy and be good at it.
    Snikkety and Mizgamer62 like this.
  10. Carthago Member

@Dude "Play what you enjoy, and be good at it?" Sounds like you are not a healer, correct? I have seen furies leave, because no one wantet to take them in for group play anymore. You tell them enjoy ? Raid forces will kick out the defilers and go for mysticers, because they don't want to wipe due to a key class being broken. Your out ! you say enjoy? Some classes might be played even broken, others get useless. But I agree on one thing regarding those statement of; "Never go for hot classes" and "many people still play, hoping things will get better". It is exactly this attitude needed to be able to continue playing this game. Just hope for Daybreak that they find enough people with this attitude.
  11. Lemilla Active Member

No, on the contrary. Looking at the incoming AE damage from a couple Shade fights, all I see is the group with the Mystic getting about 40% less incoming damage (median hits, before wards/bleedthough) than the other groups. There is no clear deviation for any other priest class.
  12. Fleurs Active Member

Then, it is not the defiler that are nerfed, it is the mystic that are bugged with much lesser incoming damage than intended?
  13. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Rumor I'm hearing around the mill is that bleed through is the exact same for defilers and mystics. Defilers' problems lie within Nightmares' coding. It's borked somehow into adding extra damage instead of healing, making the job 10x harder since Nightmares serves as a reset function for Maelstrom and is one of their HOTs.
    Revanu likes this.
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

is there anything in the parses, damage taken in the parses that shows that ? in th inc damage portion ?
    though it's strange, is it during particular fights, because if it always happened, people would have noticed, is it only since bleedthrough or just what ?

I understand code can be mal functionning, but since when ?
  15. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I don't know particulars. I do know my husband ran through an expert zone and killed a few trash mobs with my tank as a defiler. Then he betrayed, and did the exact same thing as a mystic. The basic bleed through percentages were exactly the same. It seemed that the incoming damage was higher only when he used Nightmares.

'Since-when' seems to be about whenever folks starting getting towards some of the T3 mobs and the introduction of the expert zones. There are other forum posts on this, as well as a pending ticket on the issue tracker website. I'm not sure however, that it's not tied directly towards certain fights, where the coding reactions might be different on some mobs than others. For example, everyone seems fine on fights like the Kly, but have worlds of issues when it comes to Vhaskiz, both of which are T3 raid bosses. Defilers seem fine in heroic zones, but when it comes to expert zones, every shaman I've run across, defiler and mystic alike has needed a second healer or a bard to compensate. But the damage seems higher on a defiler in an expert zone than on a mystic. Some defilers I've heard talking are saying that despite the fact Nightmares is supposed to reset their Maelstrom and is one of their primary HOTs, they're taking it off their hot bars because of the problems it's causing.
  16. Kari Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed a big difference from when I use Nightmares and when I don't use it.

ETA could just be that I am used to the hot though, and miss it when it's gone.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

You're right. I need to add one more thing.

Number 1. Play what you enjoy and be good at it.
    Number 2. Don't play with a bunch of jerks.
    Snikkety likes this.
  18. Quigly Active Member

It made no difference in incoming damage for me when tested in expert remnants.
  19. Revanu Well-Known Member

I'm surprised this thread is still going. Its very redundant at this point. Its been established that there is a major coding malfunction with certain defiler abilities. The bleed thru does change when it changes to mystic. Defilers just have nightmares to add self inflicting damage. The Devs are well aware of this issue. This xpac thus far has been poorly launched and has so many problems, finding which 1 to take precedent over the other is the proverbial "needle in haystack."

I played a friends defiler over the weekend with better gear than my own and I did notice that the incoming damage was more(not by a lot, but more nonetheless), but it was solely because I was testing my theories that I found to be true.

Was able to solo heal experts just fine, I didn't raid however, but I wouldn't have stumbled on any new problems even if I did. I've played my mystic for about 5 or 6 continuous xpacs now and until recently it wasn't a go to healer, yet I still played it. Just like wardens/furies/inquis... They may not be in high demand, but if you are good at it, then you will always be desired. The days of the defiler cloak granting you easy mode are over. Adjust accordingly. I for one am glad that the healer class isn't trivial anymore, especially shaman. There was enough hate as is against us for something that SOE developed and than DBG took even further.

This isnt an overnight fix, hopefully in the GU in April things will be addressed.
  20. Fleurs Active Member

How so? That cloak is still as powerful as before. (unless it was even more powerful before i got it, but i doubt it did not had that 8 sec timer betwen procs)