Bleedthrough..

Discussion in 'Priests' started by kronich, Mar 14, 2017.

1. kronich Member

i`m having some wierd values on bleedthrough for a week now, i dont know if i`m reading it wrong but i`m getting BT on buffs like Harbinger and Shroud of Armor way higher then the warded value, same with all my wards and Soul Shackle, or even from melee proced wards like spiritual leadership and empowered Barrier, all values equals or higher then the warded values.. is this supose to work like this? any other shammy having this problem?

also.. how do i load images to this forum?
  2. Kari Well-Known Member

If you are doing the new expert zones or higher tier raids, the bleedthrough for defilers is running around 80%, with the wards only blocking a very small portion. I have been told that the bleedthrough for mystics isn't nearly as much, but I don't really run with any mystics so I can't confirm it.

The damage amount over the ward value displays as bleedthrough, which is why on the smaller wards it looks like there is a 99% bleedthrough, but I don't believe that is the case. It just displays that way because the ward is so small compared to the incoming damage.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

When I ran with a mystic recently he was complaining about the amount of bleedthrough. So it's definite more then 'normal' for mystics too.
  4. Leasha Member

As a mystic, I'm definitely seeing higher numbers on Bleedthrough than the amount of the ward in the logs. The warden I grouped with could have easily solo healed the Expert Shrouded Temple zone with 2-3 times my HPS numbers on the heal parse, whereas I had to work extra hard casting direct heals to compensate for the lack of warded damage when I solo healed it. Not that I'm complaining though because it did create a fun challenge but I definitely noticed an advantage for other healer types.
    Earar likes this.
  5. Acust Member

Yes I would say that in their attempt to "balance" the healing that is done by the shaman, they have effectively made shaman almost useless again in Expert zones due to the bleed thru. Most groups will end up saying why bother taking a shaman when an other class can do it anyway.
    Darly likes this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

As opposed to many non-expert zones, where it's 'why bother bringing a non-shaman'.
    The healing mechanics in this game are well and truly borked at the moment :(
  7. Kioske Well-Known Member

My suggestion to DBG is to create a whole new stat for heals and make potency/fervor damage only stats. That would allow them to keep potency the way it is without trying to bleedthrough heals. This is getting out of hand for Defilers. I know that Mystics are having issues too, but we have defilers in raid solo healing that are doing 25+ million HPS and health is all over the place and on the exact same pulls a mystic is solo healing a group with around 5 million HPS and health bars never move. Everyone in the defiler's group is taking 3x the damage, and when the healers are switched, the damage moves with the defiler. Also this..

[Thu Mar 16 12:43:14 2017] (Defiler's) Ancient Shroud absorbs 2145000 points of damage from being done to (Tank) with 8580000 points of damage bleeding through.
    Darly likes this.
  8. Revanu Well-Known Member

How come no top tier defilers are complaining, nor top tier mystics? just curious. Bleed thru is fine as is. There are much bigger fish to fry, such as t4 combat mit and DBG inability to admit its broken. Leave bleed thru be.
  9. Kioske Well-Known Member

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/vhaksiz-the-shade.576260/

It's being complained about by plenty of people. I agree about the T4 mobs though, but they are "killable" if you work the strat, combat mit isn't why they aren't dying right now.
  10. Revanu Well-Known Member

I'm well aware of the gripes on that thread, and as for t4, being in a top 5 guild WW and hitting a wall as far as progression on t4 mobs, they most certainly are unkillable. But much like the vhaksiz thread, this will easily get derailed if we wander to far from its original intent for posting.

Just my opinion, I dont think there is a problem with bleed thru AT ALL. Im sure i stand on a little island with very few people who would agree. But I dont struggle with it. And if ONE can circumvent its destruction, then ALL can.
  11. Kioske Well-Known Member

Try betraying to a Defiler and see how much you think there is nothing wrong with bleedthrough then. Surely you guys have a defiler and you can read through their parse when they solo heal groups, right? As previously stated, since you play a Mystic and the bleedthrough is acting differently for the two classes, try playing the class that is actually being negatively affected by bleedthrough. It's been stated on Discord and in these forums that bleedthrough is reacting differently for Mystic and Defiler, which would probably be why you don't see any Mystic complaining about it. Defilers on the other hand ARE complaining about it. It isn't impossible to heal as a defiler, surely not, it just becomes increasingly difficult. One healer shouldn't struggle healing 25-30 million HPS while another healer is coasting along at 5 million HPS.

Personally, in our raid force, the Mage group is solo healed by a defiler and the Scout group by a mystic. On Vhaksiz fights, on expert fights, on T4 fights, the mystic coasts solo healing at 5-6 million HPS and the defiler has to heal 25-30 million HPS to keep up with the damage. The mage group is taking 3x as much damage as the scout group. We've swapped just the healers, so the Mystic is solo healing the mage group and the scout group is being solo healed by the same defiler. The damage follows the defiler. Now the scout group is taking 3x more damage than the mage group. There is something wrong with bleedthrough, for defielrs, even if you want to keep arguing against it.
    Darly likes this.
  12. Fleurs Active Member

I don't understand how the bleedthrough could make defiler having to heal more. At best, the bleed will split the damage more into the hitpoint than the "wardpoint", but the overall damage is the same.

If an encounter hit for 10 million on each group per second

Even if mystic had no bleed at all, they will ward 10M damage, and heal 0 damage, thus 10m hps
    If the defiler have 50% bleed, they will ward 5M damage, and heal 5M damage, thus 10m hps

Somethings else must be the reason that your group have more incoming damage. Unless you are looking on the HPS only, instead of the Damage (inc), then defiler always heal much more due to their Defiler class cloak that ward the whole raid.
  13. Zelox Active Member

i feel like bleedthrough is lazy design
    Daalilama and Kioske like this.
  14. Kari Well-Known Member

I am not sure what it is, but when I look at incoming damage on ACT for our Vhakiz the Shade fight, the players in the mystic's group are receiving a median hit of 2-3 million from the Nightmarish Incantations pulse damage, and the players in the defilers' groups are receiving around 5-7 million per tick from the same pulse damage. We have other healers in the mix, so I am not sure if there is some other damage reduction being applied prior to the pulse hitting, but it is a significant difference.
    Kioske likes this.
  15. Kari Well-Known Member

Here are two necros in our raid force in the same exact fight, except that one is in the mystic group and the other is in a defiler group.

[IMG]
    DoomDrake and Kioske like this.
  16. Fleurs Active Member

The bleed doesn't seems to be the problem, because, no matter the damage land on the ward or the hitpoint, the HPS will be the same, as a defiler, no matter if ward your damage or i heal it through nightmare/maelstrom/group heal, i still heal the same amount of damage.
    Your problem lies even earlier than the heal department (For example, if one necro had the dragon AA auto-regen ward, it could make the mystic ward look less relevent by warding part of the damage before the mystic had to)
    But here, he is clearly taking less damage, and your group (since you are the defiler) is clearly taking more damage, so you have to heal/ward more, no matter the bleed or not, even if bleed did not exist, your group would still take about 2m dps per member, and the mystic group, 800k per member.

The problem lies somewhere else, since i've not yet fought that boss, i cannot know the strat, it could lies in the strats, or in a damage reduction from the mystic (but 50% over a 7min fight seems unlikely).
    I'm lost, but i'm sure on one things, if the incoming damage is higher, then the problem is there much before the bleed even had a chance to kick in.
    Earar likes this.
  17. Kari Well-Known Member

Well the two necros are just an illustration since they are the same class and both specced with the self ward. I could post a similar comparison of the other members in the mystic group and the other members in the defiler group and come up with similar numbers. It is not necessarily bleed through but there was something strange.

ETA: It is still manageable, which is probably why people aren't digging into it much. I would have never even compared group members like this if it weren't for a few threads on the fight and the differences.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

Definitely check the other healer(s). I've been told (by a defiler) that merely having my warden in the group makes a big difference to the incoming damage.
  19. Kioske Well-Known Member

I think there is something wrong with the mechanic, that's the point. The incoming damage follows the defiler, so it is clearly not the group makeup. Also, the defiler in question does not have the class cloak. Also also, the class cloak only heals your whole group, not the whole raid, I'm pretty sure that was changed.
  20. Kari Well-Known Member

The cloak still heals the whole raid, but I think it is unrelated to the damage issue. I have the cloak and the other defiler that was healing the dps group doesn't, but our groups took similar incoming damage.