Bleedthrough..

Discussion in 'Priests' started by kronich, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Darly New Member

An Inq can provide tons of HP to each Raidgroup, from 10 to 22 million, it's the only way I can imagine a Defiler solo heals original 8-10 Million HP Groupmember on Terris Thule fight. The other option this is a huge troll.

And I'm having a déjà vus concerning "adjusting ACT Messaging of Bleedthru" on recent Discord. I texted Caith month ago about the differences between mystic & defiler on Vhaksiz the Shade. He told me the display issues are going to be fixed, and I consisted there are more issues than that, real issues and got fully ignored. I provided numbers and bleedthru chains and it's like somebody already wrote: the BT running through a ward chain causes amplifying damage, at the end of the ward chain the damage can be higher than the original hit and on hard BT mobs this mechanic can instant kill your groupmembers with 2 more healerbuddies in your group. That's no imagination, not only a display issue, although I believe the ACT messaging does not provide complete and correct data. When I betray to mystic on the same Terris fight I'm able to solo heal the same group that was one-shotted before. Without any Inq in raid. That can't be intended to faceroll the whole encounter except your mates create suspension curves with failing script parts on and on. It's so extremely different with one having one shots and one that's facerolling that I'd really guess mystic has some kind of inverted BT or some other magic to just send damage in a black whole to swallow. Within the mechanic there is something broken, especially for both warder classes but also for all that are able to use wards, but it's not so obvious with hots and reactives to compensate.

I really hope they take it more serious than fixing another display issue, but hey, at least we mystic-asylum-defilers have one more opportunity besides betraying, we also can roll an Inq to prevent the last total OP defilers from quitting.
  2. quisling Well-Known Member

So... what other healer besides a mystic solo heals this easily?
  3. Praylor New Member

Templar with Epic 2.0 can heal Vhaksiz fight solo.
  4. Darly New Member

on Terris Fight without Inq on average 10 mio HP member - only mystic
    with Inq on average 22 Mio HP member - when the defiler can, all can
  5. EQAditu Member

What's this ACT messaging stuff you're going on about? I feel like I should know, but I haven't a clue.
  6. Darly New Member

From Discord yesterday

Gninja - heute um 22:43 Uhr
    The issue is ACT doesnt read bleedthrough correctly if the damage amount being warded is more than the ward amount.

Gninja - heute um 22:43 Uhr
    So heal parses look way off between mystic and defiler

Gninja - heute um 22:44 Uhr
    we are fixing the messaging

Before that, there was already a thread that contained information with weird bleedthru numbers. But they only fixed a display error.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...n-group-wards-only-warding-the-shaman.575702/

So now I'm afraid they still think it's only another display error - we are fixing the messaging - but the one-shot problem continues to exist.
  7. EQAditu Member

ACT doesn't actually calculate anything with bleedthrough numbers. It just takes it directly from the logs and shoves it into a random column for humans to read. If this is some backwards way of saying that they messed up the basic ward log lines they implemented over a decade ago, then blaming ACT is sort of unfair.
    Daalilama, Snikkety and Kioske like this.
  8. Darly New Member

I didn't want to neither offend you, nor blame ACT, sry if I don't find the right words to describe a problem in English, it's not my native language. At the end I'm not a programmer and also no ACT crack, I'm a normal user who just can tell what it feels like to being one-shottet with 3 healers and solo heal as 1 mystic - and that it's probably no display error in the raidwindow when my groupmates hit the floor. I was not even seeking someone to blame - I'm seeking help and a perspective if this is going to be solved or put in the display error corner.
  9. EQAditu Member

It was mostly about Gninja's comment I was referring to. No offense taken. I'm just mystified how ACT got dragged into this very confusing issue. I don't like magic hidden mechanics and I try to keep that in mind with ACT.
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Pretty sure this is not an Logging/ACT issue.

Very simple to test in a raid situation, stick a Defiler to solo heal Shade, vs a Mystic. See which is more stable and has an easier time of things. There is only one real answer.
  11. quisling Well-Known Member

I have an idea..let's try this same test with say...a fury or warden....
  12. headbusta Active Member

Had the Defiler I tested with the other day betray to mystic...

Same Test:
    [IMG]

This isn't a display error with bleedthrough, the actual hit with 0 wards on is exactly 60% less just for having a mystic in group with Runic Armor cast.

Edit: What's even better is the 60% damage reduction seems to stack with the damage reduction reflect from Divine Light, Templars parse like a boss when grouped with a Mystic.
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Someones ticked the Damage Reduction box rather than Bleedthrough on Runic Armor....
  14. headbusta Active Member

There's so many things borked with bleedthrough/incoming damage right now it's ridiculous. After our defiler betrayed to mystic Shade was so much easier, but the incoming autoattack damage from Raenha went from 3.9m with Defiler to 15.1m with Mystic. So Defiler might be seeing the same kind of damage reduction only with trauma?

Also, took a pull on Terris last night just to get some info (we have 0 chance of killing it atm) but damage/bleedthrough is screwed up there as well.

Anything highlighted red doesn't work out right.

1) Why is the actual total damage reported less than the bleedthrough amount? 19.5% difference
    2) Repent logs as if it has 100% bleedthrough, but actually wards as if it had 0% bleedthrough.
    3) Impart Faith is not bleeding properly, inverse bleedthrough on this hit, seems to randomly pick and choose how much damage it's going to let through, seen different values on different fights
    4) No idea what's going on with the 2nd Protection of Stone hit, it should have seen 443,583 damage and it saw...709 damage

[IMG]

Also, seriously 96% bleedthrough, can't you just give other healers actual max health buffs, even make them not apply if grouped with shaman if need be, but it's ridiculous seeing the Dragon Tree self ward absorb more damage from some ticks than 2-4 actual spells cast by shamans, just cause they are always 1st or 2nd in line on the FIFO ward order.

Incoming hit on the Dirge - 21,129,345

Defiler's Shroud of Armor absorbs 275890 points of damage from being done to Dirge with 12677607 points of damage bleeding through.
    Dirge's Dozekar's Resilience absorbs 8341382 points of damage from being done to Dirge with 12512073 points of damage bleeding through.
    Defiler's Carrion Warding absorbs 5004829 points of damage from being done to Dirge.
    Defiler's Spirit Aegis absorbs 3002898 points of damage from being done to Dirge with 4504347 points of damage bleeding through.
    Defiler's Soul Shackle absorbs 1801738 points of damage from being done to Dirge with 2702608 points of damage bleeding through.
    Vhaksiz the Shade's Nightmarish Incantations hits Dirge for 2702608 heat damage.

3 actual spells that require casting did 53% of the healing, 2 spells that require that you exist and remember to put the buffs up pre-pull did 47%.
  15. duckster Active Member

I think perhaps you have identified the issue regarding the varying dmg increaser dependant on the shaman.

Same expert zone(wizards den) i did 2 weeks ago with a defiler and my tank never spiked once. However the same defiler healed me yesterday as a mystic(with epic weapon and better gear). My Tank was getting slapped around by trash with big hits...Coincidence as the group setup would have been the same pretty much.(Defiler ---> Mystic being only change).
  16. headbusta Active Member

Screenshot of incoming autoattack damage over time toggling Defiler's Shroud of Armor On/Off

T1 Trash mob in Torsis raid:

[IMG]

~50% damage reduction, toggled some other buffs on off in there as well to see if anything else made a noticeable difference, but the huge spikes are Shroud. Damage reduction based on bleedthrough percentage, physical for defiler, magical for mystic? If they fix this and don't adjust bleedthrough at the same time shaman will be pretty much worthless. Mystics are in a much better place cause tank survival is going to be based heavily on their temps, not the difference in damage from having the damage reduction from defiler. While a tank in a defiler group will have it much easier but the group gets hit significantly harder.

Templars will become the new shaman with 0% bleedthrough on Repent and Impart Faith just negating a huge portion of the damage it ends up seeing.
  17. EQAditu Member

I didn't realize that bleedthrough was such a bad joke in consistency. Being a Templar, I even want to verify some of this stuff for myself because it seems weird. Back last July when this was coming out, I considered making a plugin to do these bleedthrough calculations like the spreadsheet wizards above have been doing, but I figured that it was a pretty straight forward concept and how could it possibly be interesting. Now the inconsistencies make my head hurt.

Oh, just as a side note... be careful about cleric buffs and debuffs skewing numbers ever so slightly. But uh, that's only like 2-8% difference, not 92%.
    Daalilama likes this.
  18. headbusta Active Member

Yeah I brought in a Templar to test their group buffs to see if anything weird was happening, and everything was relatively small and accountable for by the amount of resists it gave. And the 7.5% added to...aegotism? maybe? with AA was working correctly.
  19. EQAditu Member

Sorry, I meant the Templar buff on Reverence that gives a single group friend bleedthrough reduction and the Inquisitor debuff that reduces a mob's ability to bleedthrough a ward. Both additive, not multiplicative.
    Daalilama likes this.
  20. headbusta Active Member

Good point, I went back and looked at the parse, looks like some damage from Terris bleeds through at 75%. Like I said we have no shot of killing it, we pulled it one time and lasted 4 min and blew up. But, some stuff bleeds through at apparently 100% assuming some script element (odd that it would be active immediately on the pull but w/e)?

The attack I listed above was the very first autoattack from the mob. And I was seeing 96% bleedthrough (4% from Reverence from Templar) otherwise it would have been 100%, our monk in group with another Mystic got straight up one shotted by autoattack cause none of the wards on him had any effect (logs don't even show up with "ward for 0 and bleedthrough xxx,xxx"). So theoretically if I didn't have the 4% reduction in bleedthrough, all wards would have been ignored and I would have been dead. Only thing saving me is the 4% reduction made it so the damage to some degree at least had to recognize the wards, and when it got to repent it sucked up most of the damage cause bleedthrough has no effect on it.

Edit: No inquis in raid, so don't have to worry about that adjustment.