Beta Test This Weekend and Earn a Mount!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Roshen, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lastkiss New Member

Anyone else having problems logging into the beta server. I copy my toon and updated beta and when I hit play it kicks me back to character select screen.
  2. Grouse Active Member

1 - I did not have any older characters in beta, which is why I created a level one
    2 - Grouse only owns prestige homes -- he did not have any when he logged in
    2 - Equoria, who owns the guild hall, a prestige home and a standard home, also found no homes when she logged in

On to testing something else.
  3. Scalette Member

I keep getting only a black screen after I sign in. I hear the music but that is all. Any hints on what to do?

Nm...Just did an assets con figuration and that fixed it. :)
  4. Thand Well-Known Member

Small hint to save you a Large download
    Make a folder in your eq directory called betaserver

Copy everything from your eq directory except the Legends of north folder to the betasevrer directory

After that launch the patches and select beta server/ For me it was a 260 meg download
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Scalette Member

Try doing a game assets configuration. I just did it and it fixed my problem.
  6. Scalette Member

Ok forget that..I just got in the game and I am in the regular game..what a bunch of BS this is...Grrrrrrrr
  7. Scalette Member

Getting that fricking black screen again. WTF...Anyone know what I need to do to get into beta?
  8. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

As a reminder don't forget to copy your UI and then move that saved folder to the beta sever client. It can be pretty aggravating. setting it from scratch.;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Drizzly like this.
  9. AeraFeq New Member

Had no problems logging in to BETA. Took a few minutes to get each new location loaded, "entity resources" and whatnot.

My character was not in the same place I'd left it live. She was where she was when I'd logged off last night, at the Brew Barrel in Timorous Deep, except the brew barrel was not there. She WAS, however, still hammered from finishing the Pub Crawl the night before, and the intoxication lasted its full duration in the beta instance.

I was able to access two of my houses. I interacted as normal with my Recipe Researcher. I was NOT able to do his crafting quest, though, because I was not able to do a search for any items to buy with the broker.

The two houses I accessed were in Kelethin (acorn) and New Halas (Magical Manor). I tried to go to the Broker in New Halas near the crafting. His window opened, but when I typed "bamboo" in the search box, nothing came up. I was not able to see any of the items I have for sale through the broker, either.

I was not able to access my guild, either through the skills teleport or through the door I have in my New Halas house. The error message I got said my guild did not have an active beacon.

Chat, shinys and book page collections all worked for me. I visited Timorous Deep and Enchanted Forest to hunt. I had no problems talking to the characters there or killing any of the mobs or creatures. I spent some time in Rivervale, but none of the creatures I killed there counted toward my Achievement tally.

I saw a rainbow and used a scrying stone, and it worked like normal, although there was no reward. "You find nothing interesting."

Enjoyed the Beta Test. Thanks! I hope my efforts helped!
  10. Grouse Active Member

There must be some type of housing update latency. I logged off to copy the ui files and when I logged back in, Grouse had both of his prestige homes. Everything appears to be normal, with the only thing missing being inter-home portals. Given that the portals are owned by other characters, that makes sense.

Equoria's houses were also listed when she logged in this time. Her normal house was fine. However, her prestige home was missing some things. First was the portals, however since they belonged to ALTS, that makes sense. The other one was the broker display cases. Those belonging to the ALTS would be expected to be missing. However, her personal one was also not present. I did not have a chance to verify if it was in her bank before the server reboot, but it was not in her inventory.

Finally, her prestige house has a custom name on Butcherblock. That name was not copied, as it was generically called Equoria's Estate.
  11. Drizzly New Member

each time i logged in it gets to loading zone resources then a major hitch.

same. looks like they brought beta down to fix these issues... hope springs eternal. .
  12. Wintir Active Member

Colour me there, Caith - thanks for the heads up - will post if I see any oddities.

Keep the faith!
  13. Scalette Member

Ok I am still getting a black screen with only music. I copied the UI folder to the beta and that did not work. How can I get help for this since it is after 7pm eastern time and nobody there to talk to? Need help with this plz.
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Just a reminder, again, for folks not reading the entire thread - guilds do NOT copy over to beta, even if you are the leader. Therefore, before reporting a problem when getting an error message trying to port, be sure you ARE in a guild on beta, and that it also has a port beacon placed. (Hit "u" ... if it comes up with anything other than a guild roster list, you're not in a guild, so of course, your guild port WILL give you an error message if you try to use it.) :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Caith like this.
  15. Thimdirran Active Member

Also noted, nothing in Sentinel's Fate counted in either overland (over void?) zones. Specifically killed(?) ghosts and skeletons in the Old Paineel ruins and they did not count.
  16. Scalette Member

Would be nice to get past this black screen when I log in. The music is nice...but I sure would like to be in beta. /cries
  17. Bnataal New Member

Ran into a problem trying to select character from log in screen says could not find world Antonia Bayle and went to search log on #1 and stuck. Went back and di d not select character from main log on and it went right to game. However did not put me into the house I was in in live.
  18. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I've been killing overland mobs in PS and the count is solid, when I went into an advance solo it does not count those. If you are going to a lower area then chrono mage down and kill overland mobs to get credit for kills.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

Got the correct Finora copied over and started looking around.

First thing I've noticed is my houses say they have the correct number of items in the housing window but when I zone into my house there is nothing at all in it. Completely empty. This is happening both to prestige and regular status/coin rent housing.
    My house item count expanders seem to be remaining though.

Characters I had copied over during the AOM beta all seem to have their housing still intact except dungeon maker dungeons. No dungeons showing up on anyone.

All my banks seem to have copied correctly. No issues there thus far.

I'm going to attempt to recopy Finora to see if the housing thing clears up.
  20. Caith Developer

That sounds like it may be the intro video trying to play, but not being able too for some reason. Try copying your eq2_recent.ini from your EQ2 folder into the Beta folder.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.